Serbian Under-21 International Captain: Branislav Ivanovic (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jul 15, 2006
It is claimed that Domenico Criscito and Giorgio Chiellini will leave Juventus this weekend, making room for Gabriel Heinze.

The Bianconeri are completely revamping their defence, which was the weakest performing part of the squad in Serie B last year.

Chiellini is on the verge of completing a £7m move to Sven Goran Eriksson’s Manchester City, while it’s now rumoured that Criscito is returning to old club Genoa on loan.

The Under-21 international had always said he would be released to make his mark at Marassi if he was not guaranteed first team football in Turin.

Despite Chiellini’s departure, it seems as if the space for Criscito has been further reduced and the reason lies in Manchester.

While United continue their legal battle with Liverpool over Heinze, a way out of the mess for Sir Alex Ferguson would be to sell the Argentine overseas.

Juventus are eager to pick up the want-away defender and Manchester United would be more than happy to help put a spanner in the works for Liverpool.

Heinze would only cost £6.8m and cannot continue to drag out this transfer saga with the Premiership set to start soon.

"He is a contracted player for two years and unless we receive an offer which is acceptable to us as a club, he will remain with us," said United chief executive David Gill.

Other options for Juve include Arsenal’s Philippe Senderos – already the subject of a £3m offer – Stuttgart’s Fernando Meira and Serbian Under-21 international captain Branislav Ivanovic.

http://www.channel4.com/sport/football_italia/jul28a.html

Buy on AliExpress.com

Dinamidante™

Juventino barese
Jun 1, 2007
No info. But I don't think that Ranieri allows both Criscito and Chiellini's deal. Probably one of them will leave Juventus, I think this man will be Chiellini. Man City could offer 12-15mln euros.

PhRoZeN

Livin with Mediocre
Mar 29, 2006
A lil :google: always helps.

from wiki.

Branislav Ivanović (Serbian Cyrillic: Бранислав Ивановић, born February 22, 1984) is a Serbian footballer, currently playing for FC Lokomotiv Moscow. His position is defender. He is unusual for his position as he makes many runs up field to help the midfield or even the attack. He is also very vesatile being able to play anywhere in defence and also being able to play midfield.

Ivanović began his career in his home town in FC SREM Sremska Mitrovica, before transferring to OFK Beograd in 2003. After three years playing in 1st Serbia and Montenegro football league, he was signed by Lokomotiv Moscow in 2006.

He took part in the 2006 U-21 Championships in Portugal, where he made four appearances and scored one goal for Serbia and Montenegro. Ivanović was given the captains band during this time and is currently still the captain of Serbia's U-21 side. He is considered by many as one of Serbia's best young players. He was named in the 'UEFA Team of the tournament' of the 2007 U-21 Championships held in the Netherlands where they became second.

from uefa.

Solid at either centre-half or right-back, Ivanović also demonstrated attacking prowess when scoring on his U21 debut against Croatia at the 2004 UEFA European Under-21 Championship in Germany.

• Having played youth football with AIK Bačka Topola, he made his mark in three seasons at OFK Beograd, earning a senior international debut in a friendly against Italy in Toronto, Canada, in June 2005.

• Belgrade giants FK Crvena Zvezda and FK Partizan were ready to do battle for his signature this summer until Russian side FC Lokomotiv Moskva lured him away from home.

• Claimed silverware in May when Lokomotiv Moskva won the Russian Cup after beating city rivals FC Moskva 1-0 thanks to an extra-time goal by Scotland striker Garry O'Connor.

Did you know?
Former Lokomotiv coach Slavoljub Muslin described Ivanović as "the best young defender in Europe" on signing him in 2006.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

He seems to have done well for himself at lokomotiv and U21 championship. I doubt he will come cheap. He seems promising but.. why but him at the expense of criscito??

David01

Aug 20, 2006
Criscito? If we buy this guy it would be because we have sold Chiellini to Man City. there is only talk of Criscito leaving on loan.

PhRoZeN

Livin with Mediocre
Mar 29, 2006
His most accomplished positions are cb and riight back. As his a player who loves going forward at every opportunity I would think a right back position may be more suitable for him (that is based on assumption that cb are not preferred taking the risk of going forward every opportunity). However he is versatile and although it seems certain we will get heinze, who will ideally be played as left back. It remains to be seen if this guy is as good on the left as criscito. Not forgetting the main thing which is serie A experience. I would say lets do what we do best...buy him and loan him out to siena... :D.. oh and then get senderos, to complete our transfer campaign.

Stephan

Nov 9, 2005
His most accomplished positions are cb and riight back. As his a player who loves going forward at every opportunity I would think a right back position may be more suitable for him (that is based on assumption that cb are not preferred taking the risk of going forward every opportunity). However he is versatile and although it seems certain we will get heinze, who will ideally be played as left back. It remains to be seen if this guy is as good on the left as criscito. Not forgetting the main thing which is serie A experience. I would say lets do what we do best...buy him and loan him out to siena... :D.. oh and then get senderos, to complete our transfer campaign.
:disagree:

Adrian

Jan 31, 2003
one thing that never changes at juve is that they constantly have good young italians that prove themselves at other clubs or even at the club itself, but they continisouly sell or loan them out to get foreingers' youngsters.

We have Criscito, keep him at the club as back up! Keep Chiellini and tell him he is the left back of juventus for the next 10 years!! FFS, why do we constantly go for others.

We had Brighi who had a blinder of a season, we get him back then loan him to Parma for 2 YEARS, not just 1, but 2, to get Appiah. We loan out Miccoli and Maresca for many seasons but spend big on others who dont even deliver what they did.

Seriously, if i was italian, young and talented, i would avoid juve like the plague.

im surprised palladino and nocerino are at the club, shouldnt they be loaned out for a 5 or 6 years??

Oggy

and the Cockroaches
Dec 27, 2005
I still prefer proven player, but I wouldn't mind to have player like Ivanovic at our squad.

I hope Dule90 will bring us more info about him and his qualities.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)