Sell Trezaguet? (2 Viewers)

Ramin

vBookie Champion
Nov 18, 2003
++ [ originally posted by gray ] ++
Trez is a lazy and invisible player, but that's the unfortunate trade-off for his deadly efficiency when chances fall to him. I don't like his style of play, nor am I saying that we can't find a better player, but until we have someone who can score as consistently as him and get involved in the build-up play, we have to keep him.
Logically thinking, if he steps out, dont you think he''ll be replaced?

Torres and Gilardino can do ten times the job that Trez is doing now.

Buy on AliExpress.com

gray

Apr 22, 2003
++ [ originally posted by Ramin ] ++
Logically thinking, if he steps out, dont you think he''ll be replaced?

Torres and Gilardino can do ten times the job that Trez is doing now.
Yes, which is why I said "until we get someone better", but I think a lot of people aren't even thinking about the future, and just want to offload him and get someone like Cassano, who really isn't a direct replacement for Trez. I mean judging by the thread title, obviously the people who want to sell him know all about the player... .. .

Daddi

Cuadrado is juan hell of a derby king!
Oct 27, 2004
we have Zalayeta, who is better than Trezeguet. And in time, Zlatan will be the replacer when he gets better in the air ;)

ZhiXin

Oct 1, 2004
++ [ originally posted by David Del Piero ] ++
we have Zalayeta, who is better than Trezeguet. And in time, Zlatan will be the replacer when he gets better in the air ;)
Zalayeta? If he's good he would be involved in the trident attack last week. There's not a solution.

And if we sell Trezeguet, who can we get? It's not as if Cassano/Gilardino coming to here is 100% confirmed, not to even mention Torres. So I would say let's juz give lazy Trez some more time to release all his potential.

Adrian

Jan 31, 2003
depends on what capello has planned for next season. is capello going to use an out an out striker who scores as much as trez does? if so, then only sell trez if gilardino comes in.

if capello wants to get more fancy and play with two forwards upfront who can both create and score, then definately sell trezeguet.

but i still think selling trezeguet and del piero would be the best solution for the club. mutu is with the club already and we could spend the money on gilardino. Add Miccoli and Maresca in a swap deal to get Bojinov and the forward group isnt looking too bad at all.

Maher

Juventuz addict
Dec 16, 2002
++ [ originally posted by mark77 ] ++
they cut a deal with GM if I'm not mistaken last week. I'm not familiar with the deatails though.
FIAT will get 1.5 billion euro , we can buy a full new team:D

Dominic

Jan 30, 2004
++ [ originally posted by gray ] ++
Ha, Trezeguet has had 4 bad matches after coming back from injury (even though he scored in his first match back), and people are already talking about selling him. Del Piero has 4 bad seasons, and everyone still wants to give him a chance. Ridiculous.

Regardless of whether we should actually sell Trez or not, this is all a bit rushed, don't you think?

Trez is a lazy and invisible player, but that's the unfortunate trade-off for his deadly efficiency when chances fall to him. I don't like his style of play, nor am I saying that we can't find a better player, but until we have someone who can score as consistently as him and get involved in the build-up play, we have to keep him.
I do not want him to be sold him, due to his bad form. I want him to be sold due to him not fitting into our current team. As well all know, Trez needs balls from the midfield to score, balls from a playmaker,who can split defences open, preferably. We don't have such a player. So as this team stands at the moment, with Trez in the starting line-up his role primarily seems to be to fill the numbers to 11 starting players.

Krister

Jan 17, 2005
Sell that lazy boy! I've never seen him dribble a single defender, well maybe he have but that's a long time ago. But something about this man that I don't understand about this man is that he's giving everything when he plays for France. U can see it on his face. Real fired up. He runs like hell all over the pitch and when we get him back he's almost invincible.
Have anyone seen the same?

Anda

May 27, 2004
sell Trez and buy a real playmaker (Menghi, Pizarro) to Nedved's understudy so after he's gone we already have somebody to fill in. bring also Nonda so strikers will be Zlatan, DP, Mutu, Zala and Nonda. I'm hoping for a 4-3-1-2.

Daddi

Oct 27, 2004
Del Piero was king in 2002/2003. Our best player alongside Nedved. He was as bad as the whole team in 2003/2004...

aressandro10

Jul 30, 2003
i really dun understand why peole would rysh to sell Trez and readily hands the goalscoring resposibility to Del Piero and Zlatan... look at the records of these people ..they are not dependable goalscorers... Showing themself holding the ball on tv dont necesarrily bring goals to the team....

Daddi

Oct 27, 2004
Gilardino is a great replacer. But we should talk about this in the summer. It's no use now. I hope Trezegol returns to his old self. Maybe he will now when Nedved and Camo will give him balls to work with ;)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)