Sebastian Giovinco (12 Viewers)

Would you bring Giovinco back next season?

• Yeah, we could use him

• Nope, get rid of him

Results are only viewable after voting.

Paul Poker

Apr 7, 2013
He had a really bad game imo. Surely he tried to prove something, but today he failed to do that.

However my point is that he tried and gave it his all. I'm ok with the fans not being happy with his performance. They don't have to applaud it, but boo-ing one of your own players, who has respected the shirt and club, is sooo classless.

juventino899

Dec 29, 2009
He just isnt cut out to be a striker..not for Juve anyway, you could see that all his good moves came from the left side..I think he'll be a lot more useful as a LW in a 4-3-3 formation.

Should have been loaned out imo

juventus4life

Apr 21, 2012
no one is expected to play good if he doesn't play in the starting team for a long time. 5 min here, 10 min there is simply not enough. If he's deemed to be not good enough, fine, he'll accept offers from smaller clubs at the end of this season. There's no need to jeer him in the field or internet forums.

Apr 8, 2013
I can't believe some people here still want him to stay.
Someone does? :D

Beside the fact that he was terrible even today, I did not like at all the reaction had in front of the fans. He's always been somehow arrogant without any reason. When he was loaned out in Parma, he talked shit about Del Piero and our club, thinking that he would have never returned. Thene, since his return, he's never been really consistent or useful in his performances, and instead of working humily to improve his game, he's always been polemic ("open your eyes", "I want to listen you" celebrations... He had a Facebook page that he had to close after he called some supporters "butthurt" after a goal in Coppa Italia vs Milan and was insulted... Today it looks like he said "pezzi di merda" to some supporters...). That's just ridiculous, Giovinco is in every way mean and arrogant, and very useless on the pitch for a team like us.

Personally, if I was at the stadium I would have jeered him too. But not because of the game, but because of his ridiculous behaviour and attitude, not once, not sometimes, but always throughout his career. And who's followed him closely knows that. That's the reason of jeering, fans doesn't jeer just because of a bad game. Padoin's never been jeered.

Quetzalcoatl

It ain't hard to tell
Aug 22, 2007
Someone does? :D

Beside the fact that he was terrible even today, I did not like at all the reaction had in front of the fans. He's always been somehow arrogant without any reason. When he was loaned out in Parma, he talked shit about Del Piero and our club, thinking that he would have never returned. Thene, since his return, he's never been really consistent or useful in his performances, and instead of working humily to improve his game, he's always been polemic ("open your eyes", "I want to listen you" celebrations... He had a Facebook page that he had to close after he called some supporters "butthurt" after a goal in Coppa Italia vs Milan and was insulted... Today it looks like he said "pezzi di merda" to some supporters...). That's just ridiculous, Giovinco is in every way mean and arrogant, and very useless on the pitch for a team like us.

Personally, if I was at the stadium I would have jeered him too. But not because of the game, but because of his ridiculous behaviour and attitude, not once, not sometimes, but always throughout his career. And who's followed him closely knows that. That's the reason of jeering, fans doesn't jeer just because of a bad game. Padoin's never been jeered.
So much bullshit in this post.

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
Supbar performance, absolutely classless tards of fans, kudos for Conte.

And ArturoFreestyle, your post is almost as bad as your fucking username.

Catenaccio

Jul 15, 2002
Here is my 2 cents on Giovinco.

I used to be more of a fan than most. But I am quite dissapointed. After all of these years when he showed so much talent when he played under Ranieri's Juve etc, I would have thought he would have got better with time. Instead he is much much worse. He strikes me as a player very low on confidence and the boo boys in the stadium only makes it worse for him psychologically.

I think he is a much better player than he is showing right now. For whatever reason, I don't see him fitting in to Conte's Juve. His slight characteristics, to me, mean he is likely to do better in La Liga or even the Premier league where they would push him out wide as an attacking winger in a front 3. In Conte's Juve he plays centrally up front and quite often receives the ball with his back to goal. Unfortunately, when he does receive the ball on the counter when attacking he has dissapointed as well.

I can't see him recovering from this slump here. Best to let him go. Shame because I think he is a much better player than what he has shown but he has not lived up to his potential under Conte's Juve. There are many who will say that even if he did play at his potential, he would not be good enough for Juve - at least if he did, he would be worth something on the transfer market.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004

I used to be more of a fan than most. But I am quite dissapointed. After all of these years when he showed so much talent when he played under Ranieri's Juve etc, I would have thought he would have got better with time. Instead he is much much worse. He strikes me as a player very low on confidence and the boo boys in the stadium only makes it worse for him psychologically.

I think he is a much better player than he is showing right now. For whatever reason, I don't see him fitting in to Conte's Juve. His slight characteristics, to me, mean he is likely to do better in La Liga or even the Premier league where they would push him out wide as an attacking winger in a front 3. In Conte's Juve he plays centrally up front and quite often receives the ball with his back to goal. Unfortunately, when he does receive the ball on the counter when attacking he has dissapointed as well.

I can't see him recovering from this slump here. Best to let him go. Shame because I think he is a much better player than what he has shown but he has not lived up to his potential under Conte's Juve. There are many who will say that even if he did play at his potential, he would not be good enough for Juve - at least if he did, he would be worth something on the transfer market.
Very fair assessment. I wish him well once he moves on.

CrimsonianKing

U can't expect an Inexperienced team like Juventus
Jan 16, 2013

Fair enough, maybe he would do better in La Liga but i still think he just doesn't have it. There are millions of young talented players that show more promise than they will actually achieve.

To me, Giovinco is one of those. And i don't think it has anything to do with his stature, i could name a hundred small players who were complete beasts and at their prime could beat any defender. Hell, i could name at least 10 small Brazilians off the top of my head. It has nothing to do with his height, he's just not that talented.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 7)