Sebastian Giovinco (7 Viewers)

Would you bring Giovinco back next season?

• Yeah, we could use him

• Nope, get rid of him

Results are only viewable after voting.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
Fair enough, maybe he would do better in La Liga but i still think he just doesn't have it. There are millions of young talented players that show more promise than they will actually achieve.

To me, Giovinco is one of those. And i don't think it has anything to do with his stature, i could name a hundred small players who were complete beasts and at their prime could beat any defender. Hell, i could name at least 10 small Brazilians off the top of my head. It has nothing to do with his height, he's just not that talented.
He showed his talent for several years when younger. Your choice of words is not correct. If he didn't show talent, he wouldn't have ever played for Juventus.

Buy on AliExpress.com

CrimsonianKing

The end of Jihadism
Jan 16, 2013
He showed his talent for several years when younger. Your choice of words is not correct. If he didn't show talent, he wouldn't have ever played for Juventus.
On the contrary, that's exactly what i said. He showed glimpses of a talent he'll never achieve. And again like i said, if you ever been part of a Football school when younger, you've seen with your own eyes so many kids who show so much promise and yet 99.9% of them will get nowhere.

That 1% are the ones who make into Professional level but even from those, very very few reach the levels they were 'supposed' to reach. He never did, never will. Can't control the ball, weak finishing, not really the greatest dribbler and let's be honest, he's not that fast either. Don't really see him offering anything that's above average for a bigger club. Mid table material OR could have a little more success playing in another league, in a system that fits his average talent to it's fullest.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
On the contrary, that's exactly what i said. He showed glimpses of a talent he'll never achieve. And again like i said, if you ever been part of a Football school when younger, you've seen with your own eyes so many kids who show so much promise and yet 99.9% of them will get nowhere.

That 1% are the ones who make into Professional level but even from those, very very few reach the levels they were 'supposed' to reach. He never did, never will. Can't control the ball, weak finishing, not really the greatest dribbler and let's be honest, he's not that fast either. Don't really see him offering anything that's above average for a bigger club. Mid table material OR could have a little more success playing in another league, in a system that fits his average talent to it's fullest.
You said earlier he isn't/wasn't talented, yet then claim he did show glimpses of talent. Which one is it?

No, he showed loads of talent, even in his Parma days which is why we brought him back. If he didn't show skill and talent at that time, we wouldn't have brought him back... especially considering we already gave up on him.

You're just not choosing your words wisely.

CrimsonianKing

The end of Jihadism
Jan 16, 2013
You said earlier he isn't/wasn't talented, yet then claim he did show glimpses of talent. Which one is it?

No, he showed loads of talent, even in his Parma days which is why we brought him back. If he didn't show skill and talent at that time, we wouldn't have brought him back... especially considering we already gave up on him.

You're just not choosing your words wisely.
Not quite, you're just not reading it right. I said he's not THAT talented and never was.

And You make it sound like if "we brought him back" he must have been that good, not really true. He seemed like a good decision at the time, especially considering his price. It's not like we had that many options, that much money to throw around.

tosh_rose

Aug 21, 2010
The jeers will turn into applause, a pathetic pathetic human being once said...
I was disappointed with Gio`s display, and I kinda feel sorry for him. He`s not a clueless moron like for example that long haired brazilo-italian tree we used to have several years ago, he obviously has some skills, but maybe he`s not made for a big team. The best season in his career is definitely the one at Parma, if he`s smart he should have realised that and ask for a move this summer, so he can 1. revive his career; 2. make room for someone worthy of playing for Juve; 3. remove all that pressure thats on and around him this last year and a half...

Anyway, he`s a product of our youth system and a juventino, so I cannot hate or despise him. I wish him luck and all the best...

CrimsonianKing

The end of Jihadism
Jan 16, 2013
Witha little more physique and 5 extra centimeters he'd have been a great player.
Yeah, i wonder what players like Romário, Maradona, Messi, Garrincha, etc... would have achieved if they had a little more physique and 5 extra centimeters :touched:

You can't just boo your own player like that. Classless fucks.
Yes, they can :agree: It might have been a little harsh to boo him when he had worse performances before but i guess fans got fed up and i don't blame them.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 7)