Sebastian Giovinco (14 Viewers)

Would you bring Giovinco back next season?

• Yeah, we could use him

• Nope, get rid of him

Results are only viewable after voting.

forzajuve_27

Apr 14, 2005
A couple of points to make on Giovinco:

1. Why the hell can't he get himself down the gym? Fair enough hes small that's fine but he should use his brain and bulk up to get stronger, Messi is the same stature but is strong because he's worked on toughening up his physique. Giovinco strikes me as not being a very clever guy so the coaching staff should order him to do more gym work.

2. I remain to be convinced that Giovinco is Juventus standard. Would he get into the Manchester United, Real Madrid or Barcelona team? No chance and that is the standard that Juve needs to aim for. For me he's got the last 6 months of the season to prove himself and then if he can't cut it I would consider selling him on, at 25 and having come through the academy he should be at the point of delivering.

Zacheryah

Aug 29, 2010
that would be untill the next time giac plays, and is running straight into players 2x his size and 5x his mass, losing the ball each time, frustrating the living shit out of everyone.

I suppose it becomes more and more clear, when the forwards arent protected by a massive unit, and lack vucinic, so that the game isnt sealed allready, then giovinco cannot score.

LowLife

Jan 7, 2011
A couple of points to make on Giovinco:

1. Why the hell can't he get himself down the gym? Fair enough hes small that's fine but he should use his brain and bulk up to get stronger, Messi is the same stature but is strong because he's worked on toughening up his physique. Giovinco strikes me as not being a very clever guy so the coaching staff should order him to do more gym work.

2. I remain to be convinced that Giovinco is Juventus standard. Would he get into the Manchester United, Real Madrid or Barcelona team? No chance and that is the standard that Juve needs to aim for. For me he's got the last 6 months of the season to prove himself and then if he can't cut it I would consider selling him on, at 25 and having come through the academy he should be at the point of delivering.
He is our top scorer and probably he will remain the top scorer!

Remember Giovinco played in midweek vs Milan. Third game in 10 days.

baggio

Jun 3, 2003
He is our top scorer and probably he will remain the top scorer!

Remember Giovinco played in midweek vs Milan. Third game in 10 days.
Correction. He is our joint top scorer, with much more playing time than Vucinic or Quag. If the other strikers on the roster, were given this sort of continuity, they'd be as prolific if not more. For me, Gio's role is best suited to coming off the bench and using his speed for our counter attacking needs against tired team's, vis a vis how he is used currently. Don't see him get this kind of continuity next season, to be honest. Llorente and hopefully, one of Suarez/Sanchez might shore things up a bit.

Nzoric

Grazie Mirko
Jan 16, 2011
Correction. He is our joint top scorer, with much more playing time than Vucinic or Quag. If the other strikers on the roster, were given this sort of continuity, they'd be as prolific if not more. For me, Gio's role is best suited to coming off the bench and using his speed for our counter attacking needs against tired team's, vis a vis how he is used currently. Don't see him get this kind of continuity next season, to be honest. Llorente and hopefully, one of Suarez/Sanchez might shore things up a bit.
Honestly, I don't see him getting this kind of continuity from the second that we sign a proper starting striker. Conte prefers a 3-5-2 system and doesn't look like he is willing to change that. The current formation is doing Gio no favors at all, it exposes all his weaknesses and constrains him from exploiting many of his strenghts. Despite the fact that Vucinic is almost considered a bad word after the game yesterday, he is much better at playing a support striker with his back to the goal. He doesn't really rely on speed the same way Gio does and it just becomes blatantly obvious every time he enters the field.

My point here is: Giovinco is only getting 90minutes/game because Matri and Quags are underperforming. Blame the 3-5-2 or blame the player, those two are a missmatch and I doubt that Conte is willing to sacrife one of Barza, Bonucci or Chiellini to accomodate Giovinco in a 4-3-3. Actually, there's no reason to doubt it, it's a fact.

LowLife

Jan 7, 2011
Overall:
Scorers :
10 goals: Giovinco
9 goals: Vidal, Quagliarella
7 goals: Vucinic

He only gets the playing time because he's been playing better than Vucinic, Matri and Quag. He's had about 2-3 bad games, and he played over 20 games for us. 10 goals 5 assist. He creates chances, dribbles, delivers crosses, he is good from set pieces, corner kicks. Something that other strikers lack. If we get Llorente I'm pretty sure that Vucinic's lazy is is more likely to be benched than Giovinco. Time will prove me right as Cron would say.

You see Conte shows faith to those who perform. Example Matri came on as a Sub vs Cagliari scored two goals next game he started from min 1. Padoin on the other hand played well few games then Started two games in a row (one could argue that Asamoah is not around, but still he could have played Giach, PDC, Pelusso on that position but chose to played Padoin). So the excuse that he is getting more time than others I think it's lame because Giovinco deserves it. It sucks though that he isn't playing very well, that shows that our attack is very limited.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 13)