Sebastian Giovinco (10 Viewers)

Would you bring Giovinco back next season?

• Yeah, we could use him

• Nope, get rid of him

Results are only viewable after voting.
Jun 13, 2007
The truth is, the whole team isn't playing well, and that reflects badly on a player like Giovinco. He excels when his passes bear fruit, and when players are combining well. We make use of Giovinco when the team is functioning well and playing quick, crisp football. This little guy can only shine when others are doing their bit, because if Matri or Vucinic or our flanks are not moving well without the ball, he'll be pretty useless.

I think people expect too much of him, like he owes us more than everyone else. It might be because of the whole saga that took place when he was at Parma bad mouthing Juve. Whatever the case, He's still our most consistent attacker. A lot more consistent than Vucinic who is incredible on his day and utter shit when he's not feeling it.

The problem right now is that Asamoah isn't here and Licht and Isla are not up to standard. The bulk of our attacking play is dependent on our wingers. When we exploit the flanks well, everything is fine. Another problem is that Pirlo has been under performing for a while. When was the last time he chipped in a decisive pass? He seems too complacent as of late. There's something wrong in general with the team. No use bashing Giovinco. Sure, he could play better, but by no means should the blame be solely cast on him.

forzajuve_27

Apr 14, 2005
He is our top scorer and probably he will remain the top scorer!

Remember Giovinco played in midweek vs Milan. Third game in 10 days.
As already stated, if Vucinic and Quagliarella had played as much they would have better records, in fact Vidal and Quag are just 1 goal behind him!

Again I'll repeat the point that he wouldn't get into the Man Utd, Real or Barca team and unless he really steps up that won't change. I expect us to get Llorente in the summer and I hope at least a half decent striker in January like Lopez, and if he keeps up his inconsistent performances he's going to end up another Palladino.

Also to repeat why won't he go hit the weights!!!!?????

LowLife

Jan 7, 2011
As already stated, if Vucinic and Quagliarella had played as much they would have better records, in fact Vidal and Quag are just 1 goal behind him!

Again I'll repeat the point that he wouldn't get into the Man Utd, Real or Barca team and unless he really steps up that won't change. I expect us to get Llorente in the summer and I hope at least a half decent striker in January like Lopez, and if he keeps up his inconsistent performances he's going to end up another Palladino.

Also to repeat why won't he go hit the weights!!!!?????
The reason they haven't played because they sucked. So deal with it, he deserves the playing time due to is consistency!

Hydde

Minimiliano Tristelli
Mar 6, 2003
Maybe Pirlo is not as inspiredas last season, and this is combining with his age. Maybe he was able to perform even above his age standards last season because of his inspiration to suceed here, but now, with less motivation, maybe his age its taking his toll.

And i also think that the absence of asamoah, Chiellini, marchisio....the underperforming of licht and pirlo... a kind of shaky buffon and Vucinic´s injury problem is just too much to handle for us right now.

And yes we need to recover from those injuries asap.

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
The truth is, the whole team isn't playing well, and that reflects badly on a player like Giovinco. He excels when his passes bear fruit, and when players are combining well. We make use of Giovinco when the team is functioning well and playing quick, crisp football. This little guy can only shine when others are doing their bit, because if Matri or Vucinic or our flanks are not moving well without the ball, he'll be pretty useless.

I think people expect too much of him, like he owes us more than everyone else. It might be because of the whole saga that took place when he was at Parma bad mouthing Juve. Whatever the case, He's still our most consistent attacker. A lot more consistent than Vucinic who is incredible on his day and utter shit when he's not feeling it.

The problem right now is that Asamoah isn't here and Licht and Isla are not up to standard. The bulk of our attacking play is dependent on our wingers. When we exploit the flanks well, everything is fine. Another problem is that Pirlo has been under performing for a while. When was the last time he chipped in a decisive pass? He seems too complacent as of late. There's something wrong in general with the team. No use bashing Giovinco. Sure, he could play better, but by no means should the blame be solely cast on him.
Top post. Agree with all of it. :tup:

+rep

Nzoric

Grazie Mirko
Jan 16, 2011
Wtf do you call Vucinic's record last season then?
11 goals and 13 assists? I'd call it acceptable - that applies to Giovinco too. Now I won't mention the crucial timing of his massive influx of goals and assists as you are aware of that - he was the missing puzzle and we raped Serie A the second he hit the ground running.

dann10

Ho visto Del Piero
Aug 26, 2008

+rep

Kasaki

Moggi's Assistant
Jun 1, 2010
11 goals and 13 assists? I'd call it acceptable - that applies to Giovinco too. Now I won't mention the crucial timing of his massive influx of goals and assists as you are aware of that - he was the missing puzzle and we raped Serie A the second he hit the ground running.
9 goals in 2306 minutes (29 starts) in Serie A.

That doesn't even have any words to describe it. Especially when you play in such an enforcing team that creates a lot.
Gtfo out of here like klin said by your train of thought Vucinic sucks ass. And Gio is already halfway there.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 5)