Sebastian Giovinco (22 Viewers)

Would you bring Giovinco back next season?

• Yeah, we could use him

• Nope, get rid of him

Results are only viewable after voting.

PedroFlu

Sep 20, 2011
I dont think he is being played right, he is too static and to close to the defences, forcing him to receive the ball too close to the defenders or with his back to the goal, and there he cant use his dribbling or pace.

He needs to drop deeper and either attack the defenders with the ball or make runs into space, but he cant drop deeper because he is being played with Vučinić who drops back himself.

Basically, I dont think they can play together. Its either one or the oother and right now I'd try with Vučinić and matri/Bendtner against Chievo.
I agree with most of your post. But let's remember that the partnership actually worked well in Serie A games.

The problem against Chelsea was that the mid was crowded and Vucinic was tracing back even more than usual, taking his space out.

But actually Giovinco is smarter than I thought and I think they can work it out. I mean, they have to.

Stevie

Mar 30, 2003
I liked the runs Gio was making he was pulling defenders away allowing for Marchisio to run in behind then there where other times that if one of our players had of looked up and played him in he would of been in on goal but maybe they couldnt see him because he is so small no but seriously i like some of his play and he is going to improve a lot once he gels better with the rest of the team.

vaper

Aug 26, 2012
He's 1 good game was against 10 men. 1 of the goals was a mop up and the other was shonky goalkeeping. I really dont see him getting anywhere in Juve. Giaccherini is a much better player

Aug 1, 2003
wouldn't write him off or anything but this isn't the first time he has struggled with bigger, better defenders and gets outmuscled and thus barely made any contribution. if he were to play, we'd have to make sure the tactics would suit his strength in dropping deeper.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
Good post. Not writing him off completely, I was just really itching for him to be subbed. It obviously wasn't working out.

I think he can do great things with Juve, but he sucked tonight, it's as simple as that.
Bonucci sucked, so did Marchisio with his squandered chances. Half the side looked like they would crap their pants in the first twenty minutes, even Pirlo.

Indeed. It's probably many of the same people who were criticising the club for not giving him a chance who are writing him off after one match.
Wrong.

Mar 24, 2006
Then he is not that good ,
Del piero has scored less than 20 goals with Padova at early of his career and later he became a legend with us ( 1000x times better club than Padova ) and scored more than 200 goals for us .

bench this witty this weekend

LowLife

Jan 7, 2011
not necessarily. Easier to score goals with a mid to low table team than it is with juve
WTF are you talking about? Mid table teams, don't have more ball possession, they don't create more scoring chances, they don't have better midfielders to give through balls, don't have better defenses. How is it possible to score more playing for a mid table team?

LowLife

Jan 7, 2011
Del piero has scored less than 20 goals with Padova at early of his career and later he became a legend with us ( 1000x times better club than Padova ) and scored more than 200 goals for us .

Easy tiger, we don't have anyone better in our team! It's not like Matri, Quag and Bartender are as good as Del Piero.

DVS

Must be patient
Nov 13, 2008
WTF are you talking about? Mid table teams, don't have more ball possession, they don't create more scoring chances, they don't have better midfielders to give through balls, don't have better defenses. How is it possible to score more playing for a mid table team?
HE was the focal point of the team

ZhiXin

Oct 1, 2004

Yes with the bench. But I'm still hopeful that Giovinco will develop into a better player. The season is still long and it is not like we will face a team like Chelsea every game. Remember Chelsea is a top notch team with world class players who had just won the CL and FA cup after enduring a difficult season.

there will be 4 games in the next 10 days. Let Giovinco get some rest against Chievo and play him against the nxt 3. If things go bad against Chievo, put him in the 2nd half to create terror against them.

ZoSo

TSUUUUUUU
Jul 11, 2011
Easy tiger, we don't have anyone better in our team! It's not like Matri, Quag and Bartender are as good as Del Piero.
And it's not like Giovinco is anywhere near that level either. Quag deserves to start, did more in 20 than gio did in 70 vs Chelsea. Showed good composure on the finish too, he didn't just try to put in at first chance.

LowLife

Jan 7, 2011
And it's not like Giovinco is anywhere near that level either. Quag deserves to start, did more in 20 than gio did in 70 vs Chelsea. Showed good composure on the finish too, he didn't just try to put in at first chance.
You can't be that naive to look at the stats that way. I'd say Gio deserves a start because he had more goals and assist last season than Quag in Juve shirt!

ZoSo

TSUUUUUUU
Jul 11, 2011
You can't be that naive to look at the stats that way. I'd say Gio deserves a start because he had more goals and assist last season than Quag in Juve shirt!
So current form doesn't mean anything? Quag scored 1 within 10 minutes of being on and almost won the match. You don't just get that by luck. Quag looked extremely lively and he actually looked like he was in form (while only playing a massive 10 mins before that this season). To do that vs Chelsea shows he is ready to start.

Don't forget gio got those stats being the focal point for Parma.

Robee

Jun 21, 2011
So current form doesn't mean anything? Quag scored 1 within 10 minutes of being on and almost won the match. You don't just get that by luck. Quag looked extremely lively and he actually looked like he was in form (while only playing a massive 10 mins before that this season). To do that vs Chelsea shows he is ready to start.

Don't forget gio got those stats being the focal point for Parma.
Playing decent for 10 minutes against a tired opponent does not prove you deserve a start. Get a grip. 'though I'd play him for the sake of resting Seba or Vooch.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 22)