Sebastian Giovinco (29 Viewers)

Would you bring Giovinco back next season?

• Yeah, we could use him

• Nope, get rid of him

Results are only viewable after voting.

Gian

COME HOME MOGGI
Apr 12, 2009
How Zonalmarking.net described the partnership with Vucinic:

The relationship between Giovinco and Vucinic was also excellent. They combined efficiently with a clear pattern – Vucinic would come towards the ball, Giovinco would sprint in behind. They attempted to bring one Chelsea centre-back out from the back, then exploited the space he’d left behind him. For the first time this season, Di Matteo’s defence looked uncomfortable playing higher up the pitch than last season.

Lion

King of Tuz
Jan 24, 2007
5 games and 2 for Italy as a number 10 where he was underwhelming. I agree he can be useful against mid table teams but the talent isn't there for something more.

why should we as juve fans give a damn about what his form is for italy? where people going man del piero sure sucks for the national team, let's drop him from the juve team.

are you serious

Hydde

Minimiliano Tristelli
Mar 6, 2003
why should we as juve fans give a damn about what his form is for italy? where people going man del piero sure sucks for the national team, let's drop him from the juve team.

are you serious
And we have to remember how del piero was blasted when he was on the national team. For a player of his caliber and skill....he got destroyed by the media A LOT of times and labeled as a choker. So indeed, lets dont get ahead of ourselves,

Gerd

Dec 25, 2011
And we have to remember how del piero was blasted when he was on the national team. For a player of his caliber and skill....he got destroyed by the media A LOT of times and labeled as a choker. So indeed, lets dont get ahead of ourselves,
del piero scored the second goal on the semifinal in 2006 :stuckup:

TheLaz

Oct 6, 2011
When Messi played as LW he went to Guardiola and said he wanted to score more goals. Guardiola changed formation and that allowed Messi to score more goals. By december Ibrahimovic was the top scorer in Barcelona. Now, Ibrahimovic was scoring too many goals and so Messi played individually in front of goal, resulting in Guardiola picking out Ibrahimovic. Next game Ibrahimovic was on the sidelines and Messi played as CF. The following summer Ibrahimovic left Barcelona and everybody thought of Messi as "taking over Ibrahimovic's spot" because he was better. Everyone will agree Ibrahimovic is better then any of other strikers currently in Barcelona, yet Guardiola sent him away and made Messi the world's best player. In my opinion Barcelona as a whole would have done better with Ibra up front and Messi right behind adjusting to the tactics. Last year they lost La Liga to Real Madrid because they relied too much on Messi, and when having a bad day couldn't find the net.. Point?
Conte will need to chance the tactics to suit Giovinco if he truly believe in the players abilities. Giovinco is not the same player as Messi is, they're each their own but Messi did need a change in tactics to flourish as well. This is the point..

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
When Messi played as LW he went to Guardiola and said he wanted to score more goals. Guardiola changed formation and that allowed Messi to score more goals. By december Ibrahimovic was the top scorer in Barcelona. Now, Ibrahimovic was scoring too many goals and so Messi played individually in front of goal, resulting in Guardiola picking out Ibrahimovic. Next game Ibrahimovic was on the sidelines and Messi played as CF. The following summer Ibrahimovic left Barcelona and everybody thought of Messi as "taking over Ibrahimovic's spot" because he was better. Everyone will agree Ibrahimovic is better then any of other strikers currently in Barcelona, yet Guardiola sent him away and made Messi the world's best player. In my opinion Barcelona as a whole would have done better with Ibra up front and Messi right behind adjusting to the tactics. Last year they lost La Liga to Real Madrid because they relied too much on Messi, and when having a bad day couldn't find the net.. Point?
Conte will need to chance the tactics to suit Giovinco if he truly believe in the players abilities. Giovinco is not the same player as Messi is, they're each their own but Messi did need a change in tactics to flourish as well. This is the point..

Gerd

Dec 25, 2011
Barcelona relied on messi because villa was injured , that's why they lost last year , villa is a very important player in their starting 11

That said messi >>> Ibra , they did good that got rid of ibra because he is not at all suited to their game . On the other hand messi has the right mentality for their game . And as seen the year after ibra left they won the CL , i don't think it was a bad idea getting rid of Ibra

Lion

King of Tuz
Jan 24, 2007
Honestly, that's what I call a cool story bro. Such a riveting tale, I honestly copy and pasted it to word, saved on my hard drive, backed it up on a jump drive, drove to the bank, put the jump drive in the safe deposit box, and will leave it there until my kids turn about 12 (when they can actually state their age, and ask what it is I'm showing them), when I will pick it up, put it in an old USB drive reader and relay this cool story to them and tell them, "kids, this is what a cool story should look and sound like...not like the stories your generation tells.

Red

-------
Nov 26, 2006
It's so obvious that it makes you wonder why he is even playing as a CF. Towards the end of the game we saw the only two times when he went out to the left flank and both times he got into position to put in a good cross or shot (Cole headed the cross, the shot was poor). Why he is battling big central defenders is a mystery, he needs to drop off and wide. It's why he could never be a real trequartista, and why the 4-3-3 really suits him best.
I'm not sure 4-3-3 does suit him much better, because if he starts on the wing then the fullback can get tight and out-muscle him.

Giovinco just needs to be played as a SS with a pretty free role, so that he can wander around and find pockets of space where he can receive the ball and turn to face the defence.

piotrr

Мodеrator
Sep 13, 2011
Honestly, that's what I call a cool story bro. Such a riveting tale, I honestly copy and pasted it to word, saved on my hard drive, backed it up on a jump drive, drove to the bank, put the jump drive in the safe deposit box, and will leave it there until my kids turn about 12 (when they can actually state their age, and ask what it is I'm showing them), when I will pick it up, put it in an old USB drive reader and relay this cool story to them and tell them, "kids, this is what a cool story should look and sound like...not like the stories your generation tells.
cool story bro

Jul 1, 2010
:lol:

Jul 1, 2010
I'm not sure 4-3-3 does suit him much better, because if he starts on the wing then the fullback can get tight and out-muscle him.

Giovinco just needs to be played as a SS with a pretty free role, so that he can wander around and find pockets of space where he can receive the ball and turn to face the defence.
Agreed.

baggio

Jun 3, 2003
Agreed, he did have a couple of selfish moments last night, and could've created better with a better decision making. But I'm not sure about Europe for Gio. The game is a lot faster continentally, and when defenders keep up with him, he's all but negated purely based on the size of the opposition. In Italy, the opposition by and large may vary in build, but is generally slower and that allows Gio to do better.

But again, maybe we are overreacting. We should definitely give it another go, to identify if this really is the case, or if it was just the nerves of last night.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 28)