Sebastian Giovinco (34 Viewers)

Would you bring Giovinco back next season?

• Yeah, we could use him

• Nope, get rid of him

Results are only viewable after voting.

Stevie

Mar 30, 2003
so apparantley one game where for gio against the team that managed to keep the likes of messi, iniesta, robben, ribery, in control, and suddenly it's like we are talking about amauri

whatever happened to having faith and being patient?

he will do good, but it's silly to expect him to have great perfrmances all the time, especially considering he is still gelling in the team
:tup:

Buy on AliExpress.com

Jem83

maitre'd at Canal Bar
Nov 7, 2005
so apparantley one game where for gio against the team that managed to keep the likes of messi, iniesta, robben, ribery, in control, and suddenly it's like we are talking about amauri

he will do good, but it's silly to expect him to have great perfrmances all the time, especially considering he is still gelling in the team
Good post. Not writing him off completely, I was just really itching for him to be subbed. It obviously wasn't working out.

I think he can do great things with Juve, but he sucked tonight, it's as simple as that.

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
Indeed. It's probably many of the same people who were criticising the club for not giving him a chance who are writing him off after one match.
No. Its the "I told you so's" that are running ramped.

But hey, his 2 goals are already forgotten among the other things he has done well. Nothing new here.

Jul 1, 2010

Agreed.

LowLife

Jan 7, 2011
People are too harsh on him. Plenty of members defend Bonucci who's cost the most goals since Conte took over. We should give more time Giovinco. There is no understanding between him and Vucinic, and MVP. It will take some time.

Forza Seba!

PedroFlu

Sep 20, 2011
He positions himself right at top between the centre backs, he needs to sit wider or deeper in the space
True. The problem is that our midfield line is stacked with 5 players, with Marchisio and Vidal constantly roaming and filling in these spaces. And more importantly, Vucinic goes back all the time. Giovinco should be the one to do it, and Vucinic should play with his back to defenders. This was all wrong. Hopefully Conte will notice.

Amer

Feb 13, 2005
It's so obvious that it makes you wonder why he is even playing as a CF. Towards the end of the game we saw the only two times when he went out to the left flank and both times he got into position to put in a good cross or shot (Cole headed the cross, the shot was poor). Why he is battling big central defenders is a mystery, he needs to drop off and wide. It's why he could never be a real trequartista, and why the 4-3-3 really suits him best.
:tup:

radekas

( ͠° ͟ل͜ ͡°)
Aug 26, 2009
People saying "it's only one game" don't get the point. Giovinco so far only had 1 good game, against Udinese, that's the problem. He is bullied by most defences so far this season and I've been worried about this since Supercoppa. He isn't living up to his potential so far. I wish he did, I hope this changes, but it looks worse and worse. I have no doubt that we will see some good games from him, probably against middle table teams in Serie A, but it's not what he was bought for.

May 22, 2007
Played too high up the pitch with his back to goal. You saw that when he played in between midfield and defense he had time to turn and start running at defenders, that's when they find it a lot more difficult to harass him in this system. I guess that's the problem of not having someone that will play the penalty area and can match up to the likes of Terry physically.

The sooner we get someone like Džeko/Llorente, the better.

Zlatan

Jun 9, 2003
People saying "it's only one game" don't get the point. Giovinco so far only had 1 good game, against Udinese, that's the problem. He is bullied by most defences so far this season and I've been worried about this since Supercoppa. He isn't living up to his potential so far. I wish he did, I hope this changes, but it looks worse and worse. I have no doubt that we will see some good games from him, probably against middle table teams in Serie A, but it's not what he was bought for.

I dont think he is being played right, he is too static and to close to the defences, forcing him to receive the ball too close to the defenders or with his back to the goal, and there he cant use his dribbling or pace.

He needs to drop deeper and either attack the defenders with the ball or make runs into space, but he cant drop deeper because he is being played with Vučinić who drops back himself.

Basically, I dont think they can play together. Its either one or the oother and right now I'd try with Vučinić and matri/Bendtner against Chievo.

Salvo

J
Dec 17, 2007
We have played like 4 games for fucks sake, he is still gelling. He shouldn't be the one with his back to goal, he can play as an SS but he must be given a more free role. He scored 2 fucking goals the other week. There is no basis to suggest he will only play well against mid table teams.

radekas

( ͠° ͟ل͜ ͡°)
Aug 26, 2009
We have played like 4 games for $#@!s sake, he is still gelling. He shouldn't be the one with his back to goal, he can play as an SS but he must be given a more free role. He scored 2 $#@!ing goals the other week. There is no basis to suggest he will only play well against mid table teams.
5 games. I don't like what I saw in them. Lets hope this changes.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 34)