Sebastian Giovinco (44 Viewers)

Would you bring Giovinco back next season?

• Yeah, we could use him

• Nope, get rid of him

Results are only viewable after voting.

Vlad

In Allegri We Trust
May 23, 2011
Giovinco can't play as SS. His first touch often lets him down and defenders can close him way too easy. It would be best for him to try to play more wide as he will have more space there. If you watched how Chelsea defenders closed him easily in the he first half but as soon as he started drifting away to the left it looked like he can produce something.

baggio

Jun 3, 2003
Most polarizing thread I've ever been to on the Internet. I bet the mood will be completely different after every game depending on how well he does. One time he'll be the shit and one game he'll be complete shit.
I'm a fan regardless. But I do feel he's going to have a problem in Europe competing against defences that negate his speed.

Rollie

Apr 15, 2008
Agreed, he did have a couple of selfish moments last night, and could've created better with a better decision making. But I'm not sure about Europe for Gio. The game is a lot faster continentally, and when defenders keep up with him, he's all but negated purely based on the size of the opposition. In Italy, the opposition by and large may vary in build, but is generally slower and that allows Gio to do better.

But again, maybe we are overreacting. We should definitely give it another go, to identify if this really is the case, or if it was just the nerves of last night.
Oh, you don't say? How honorable of you to give him another go. Most people would just thrown out someone who had 26 goals + assists last year, after he's played 5 competitive matches with our club :p

The knee jerking in this thread is hirarious.

This is not directed at you Baggio, but there are clearly some people in this thread, and on this forum, who have never played competitive sports in their lives. Try to give the kid a chance to settle in, yeah? Maybe not judge him so harshly after playing the reigning European champs away - and drawing? It's a team game, and as Carrera said, he worked for the team - he did what he was asked to do.

There are better performances to come from Seba, that's for sure.

Jul 1, 2010
Give him some time, it's as if you guys are expecting him to perform like Del Piero.

It will take him some time to adapt to our tactics and squad and when he shall be fully adapted, I expect him to be a very good player for us.

Lion

King of Tuz
Jan 24, 2007
he should be given the free role when playing, not vucinic i think.

i understand why vucinic is given the role instead. i do expect giovinco in the free role when he partners the other strikers though. maybe even come chievo if vucinic is to be rested

Zlatan

Jun 9, 2003
I'd rest Vučinić and play Gio - Quag and then play Vučinić with Quag/Matri/Bartender against Fiorentina.

Fiorentina will be our 4th game in 10 days, so we need some rotation.

baggio

Jun 3, 2003
It's bound to happen. But honestly, we need to give each pair a run of two to three games to form some understanding. I'd give Vuci a rest and go with Gio-Quag. So the former can put the chelsea game behind him, and the latter can play with a little more composure on the back of a stellar performance. Football, especially for forwards is all about confidence.

Suns

Release clause?
May 22, 2009
Its actually Gio's turn to rest since he played against Genoa while Vucinic didn't.

I think we should give Pirlo a rest, use 4-3-3 and let Asamoah play in midfield.

Gio - Quag - Vucinic

Asa - Vidal - Marchisio

DC - Chiellini - Barzagli - Isla

or keep 3-5-2, give Gio and Pirlo a rest and give Quag and Pogba a chance.

Zlatan

Jun 9, 2003
Its actually Gio's turn to rest since he played against Genoa while Vucinic didn't.

I think we should give Pirlo a rest, use 4-3-3 and let Asamoah play in midfield.

Gio - Quag - Vucinic

Asa - Vidal - Marchisio

DC - Chiellini - Barzagli - Isla

or keep 3-5-2, give Gio and Pirlo a rest and give Quag and Pogba a chance.

No to Vidal, he need to rest his ankle.

Put Pogba in there and replace Vidal with Asamoah, with De Ceglie or Giacc on the left.

ZoSo

TSUUUUUUU
Jul 11, 2011
omfg horrible. yet people will defend him. he has shown barely anything here besides his 2 goals vs udinese and that match was already over by the time he scored. people will say 'he just needs time to gel'. that's 100% bullshit because Asamoah just came in and is raping and is in a new position too.

Paid-off-Ref

Dec 16, 2004
omfg horrible. yet people will defend him. he has shown barely anything here besides his 2 goals vs udinese and that match was already over by the time he scored. people will say 'he just needs time to gel'. that's 100% bull$#@! because Asamoah just came in and is raping and is in a new position too.
Damn right. Giovinco is just too weak. Not Juve quality at all. Who gives a fuck what he did at Parma last season! Giovinco had a good season at Parma, Amauri had a good season with Palermo too, Borriello had a good season with Genoa...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 44)