Sebastian Giovinco (21 Viewers)

Would you bring Giovinco back next season?

• Yeah, we could use him

• Nope, get rid of him

Results are only viewable after voting.

Suns

Release clause?
May 22, 2009
Honestly, watching this kid always brings a smile to my face. And the fact that he comes on, after being not fit at all and haven't even played a game in months and months he comes on everytime and shows those incompetent coaches what kind of a talent he is time after time after time. What an admirable character he has. :touched:

Nicholas

MIRKO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Jan 30, 2008
Honestly, watching this kid always brings a smile to my face. And the fact that he comes on, after being not fit at all and haven't even played a game in months and months he comes on everytime and shows those incompetent coaches what kind of a talent he is time after time after time. What an admirable character he has. :touched:
Diego looks like he will be out for a few games, time for Gio to shine like he did today. Props to Zacc for subbing him in.

May 22, 2007
I'll include this game because he was on for most the match. 0

Then ask yourself what our performances/results were like when he started.

Juventus 1-1 Bordeaux
Juventus 2-0 Livorno
Juventus 1-0 Maccabi
Juventus 5-1 Sampdoria
Juventus 2-3 Napoli
Atalanta 2-5 Juventus
Juventus 1-0 Udinese
Juventus 2-1 Atalanta

6 wins
1 draw
1 loss

19 goals scored by the team in 8 games and we played our most convincing football in a large portion of those games.

Lion

King of Tuz
Jan 24, 2007
first game back from a long injury, and guy makes his presence known.

did you see the way he fought for every ball, even when he went down?

forza midget

Jun 13, 2007
My god, it was as if everyone in the world saw it except the Juve coaches. Our team was so slow and lethargic, we were simply unbearable. Then this kid who hasn't played for ages comes along and injects some pace into this Juve team.

I don't think Zac can afford to not start him. The difference he made was so clear; he even makes the players around him play better. I don't think Diego should just be thrown out but I definitely think that they should try and play the two together. Maybe a 4-3-2-1 could work. But I'll honestly say that I'd rather see Giovinco play than Diego. The kid's got hunger and energy. Exactly what this team needs right now.

Red

-------
Nov 26, 2006
Giovinco did well considering how little playing time he has had.

However, I would suggest it was the change to a 4-4-2 that made the difference more than Giovinco individually.

Red

-------
Nov 26, 2006
Nah, put any of our other players in that 4-4-2 and it wouldn't have been the same. It was all Gio.
Of course it was better that it was Giovinco, because he is about the only player with the pace to beat a man in the team.

However, I don't think Giovinco's performance was exceptional. It was just that the team looks more comfortable and balanced in a 4-4-2.

Quetzalcoatl

It ain't hard to tell
Aug 22, 2007
Of course it was better that it was Giovinco, because he is about the only player with the pace to beat a man in the team.

However, I don't think Giovinco's performance was exceptional. It was just that the team looks more comfortable and balanced in a 4-4-2.
Could've been 4-2-3-1 or 4-3-3, I think the importnant thing was having Gio out wide.

Jun 13, 2007

That's true. Our midfield almost seem lost when we play a different formation. Playing with two wingers is the key I think. Keep our plaus basic and simple and rely players like Giovinco, Camo, or Diego to create chances. That's the best way to go for the rest of the season. The 4-3-1-2 just doesn't work for us, it's just too static with this team, it almost paralyses our entire attack.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 19)