Sebastian Giovinco (89 Viewers)

Would you bring Giovinco back next season?

• Yeah, we could use him

• Nope, get rid of him

Results are only viewable after voting.
May 4, 2004
Then ask yourself what our performances/results were like when he started.

Juventus 1-1 Bordeaux
Juventus 2-0 Livorno
Juventus 1-0 Maccabi
Juventus 5-1 Sampdoria
Juventus 2-3 Napoli
Atalanta 2-5 Juventus
Juventus 1-0 Udinese

5 wins
1 draw
1 loss

17 goals scored by the team in 7 games and we played our most convincing football in a large portion of those games, including what should have been a victory against Bordeaux. We'd have beaten Napoli if Tiago and Grosso didn't sabotage the game by themselves.
SHOCKING!... He has to play..
I really hope we get a coach (like the one on you avatar) who got balls to play Giovinco..

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
I'll say this.

A certain amount of respect goes out to him for keeping his mouth shut and nose clean during all of this.

I would have locked Blanc in the bathroom by now.

Something just isn't right though.

First it was Ranieri, although amazingly he got more playing time under him than either Ferrara or Zacc.

Then it was Ferrara, who played him less, even the more shocking since he was the overseer of the youth program.

And now you have Zacc, who in theory prefers a 3-4-1-2, and he languishes on the bench.

There is something here that we don't know. You have three different coaches, with different pedigrees, and different tactics. I don't know what gives here.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
Just by looking at the way we played when he was on the pitch, the boy should be starting. Salva's statistics confirms that is the case. We just looked more convincing with him on the pitch, more so than any other period this season, and that's because Diego had him as an outlet out wide, along with Camo out right, so that Diego wasn't isolated. That's the problem we face -- Diego gets isolated, has three players around him, and has very little support. We also can use the width that Seba provides.

There are just no two ways about it. Giovinco has shown he can play, yet we don't field him. So who should we trust?

Do folks want to trust bumbling idiots like Ranieri and Zaccheroni, the latter who basically gets himself removed from every single job he has, or should we trust what we see on the pitch?

I, for one, trust what I see. And when Seba plays, he adds a lot to the team. He doesn't add anything defensively, no, but these Italian managers need to get off their defensive fetishism because it's driving the league down and our team down into the depths of hell.

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
You can afford to sacrifice midfielders that have stronger defensive skills when you have a midfield that knows how to keep possession. No wonder we concede so many goals, sure our defense is cack but when you count the times we give away possession it makes perfect sense. We can have Diego, Camo, and Gio in the same lineup because when we do its about 10 times harder to defend us due to their movement and overlap and sheer creativity between the 3 of them.

Its not just the italian coaches mentality, Andy...in terms of holding a more defensive tactic that is. It is rather, 2 inexperienced coaches and 1 idiot of a coach (all 3) banking on the experience of our older players. That is what it really boils down to IMO. Sure, both are obviously the reasons we are bad right now, but the coaches we do have and have chosen opt for the experienced players...the so called "safe bet" tactic. It's "safer" to use Canna and Legro than to use Ariaudo. It's "safer" to use DC instead of Gio for defensive purposes.

With the Giovinco conundrum, I choose to believe that with the 3 coaches we have had they would rather opt for experienced players rather than the risk of using inexperienced youth.

As Andy says, its also a mixture of the coaches we have chosen playing old school italian style. Our board shouldn't allow it IMO and should say something. But its sad when coaches from smaller teams know now that its safe to attack us for 90 mins when 5 years ago it was these same small teams that would park a bus in front of goal to try and stop us from scoring.

PhRoZeN

Livin with Mediocre
Mar 29, 2006
D'Amico's words isnt really sending out as strong signals as one may have thought. Its like theres negotiation sit down etc, but really the people at the top will say same shit and another season for gio to rot on the bench. Poor giovinco he needs a better agent IMO.

Suns

Release clause?
May 22, 2009
D'Amico's words isnt really sending out as strong signals as one may have thought. Its like theres negotiation sit down etc, but really the people at the top will say same shit and another season for gio to rot on the bench. Poor giovinco he needs a better agent IMO.
He needs Zlatan's sleazebag Mino Raiola.

MeTaL_KnighT

Terran Maniac
Mar 3, 2009
Then ask yourself what our performances/results were like when he started.

Juventus 1-1 Bordeaux
Juventus 2-0 Livorno
Juventus 1-0 Maccabi
Juventus 5-1 Sampdoria
Juventus 2-3 Napoli
Atalanta 2-5 Juventus
Juventus 1-0 Udinese

5 wins
1 draw
1 loss

17 goals scored by the team in 7 games and we played our most convincing football in a large portion of those games, including what should have been a victory against Bordeaux. We'd have beaten Napoli if Tiago and Grosso didn't sabotage the game by themselves.
OH! Goddammit :(

RUINeri , ZERO Ferrara and SUCKERoni are stupid Coaches :andy2:

only-juve

Jan 5, 2008
I, for one, trust what I see. And when Seba plays, he adds a lot to the team. He doesn't add anything defensively, no, but these Italian managers need to get off their defensive fetishism because it's driving the league down and our team down into the depths of hell.
There is a reason why Seba didn't play much under both Ranieri and Ferrara. Him being not good enough (as some guys here say) is just bullshit excuse IMO.

Under Ranieri we always played that crap 4-4-2 formation were both wingers "had to" drop back and defend when we're attacked and its pretty clear that Seba isn't that kind of players (Stupid i know but thats just ranieri).

With Ferrara i actually think that Seba had a good chance to be part of this team. The only problem is; Camoranesi was constantly injured. We had no one to cover that right flank and thats why i really believe that Ferrara asked for Candreva in January to fill that right flank position (so we can play all three players Diego, Gio and Candreva) in the same formation.

Why would the club get a player like Candreva in January unless its urgent and the coach actually wants him. And i don't think he was brought just to play as a CM because we could've used Tiago or even called back Almiron for that position.

Candreva can play on the that right flank and thats why I believe he was brought here. Just few weeks after Candreva's arrival Ferrara was fired and we're back to square one.

Giovinco the poor guy is paying the price of a fucked up directors who don't even know what they themselves wants. Its a mess in this club and the number one reason for it is the directors more than anyone else.

sateeh

Day Walker
Jul 28, 2003
Just by looking at the way we played when he was on the pitch, the boy should be starting. Salva's statistics confirms that is the case. We just looked more convincing with him on the pitch, more so than any other period this season, and that's because Diego had him as an outlet out wide, along with Camo out right, so that Diego wasn't isolated. That's the problem we face -- Diego gets isolated, has three players around him, and has very little support. We also can use the width that Seba provides.

There are just no two ways about it. Giovinco has shown he can play, yet we don't field him. So who should we trust?

Do folks want to trust bumbling idiots like Ranieri and Zaccheroni, the latter who basically gets himself removed from every single job he has, or should we trust what we see on the pitch?

You are right but its not just Italian coaches as you explain it. Mourinho who is regarded as one of the best in the world benches Balotelli due to his lack of defensive contribution.

This is coming from Inter, a team with a sound structure and good defenders. Something we do not have.
You can afford to sacrifice midfielders that have stronger defensive skills when you have a midfield that knows how to keep possession. No wonder we concede so many goals, sure our defense is cack but when you count the times we give away possession it makes perfect sense. We can have Diego, Camo, and Gio in the same lineup because when we do its about 10 times harder to defend us due to their movement and overlap and sheer creativity between the 3 of them.

Its not just the italian coaches mentality, Andy...in terms of holding a more defensive tactic that is. It is rather, 2 inexperienced coaches and 1 idiot of a coach (all 3) banking on the experience of our older players. That is what it really boils down to IMO. Sure, both are obviously the reasons we are bad right now, but the coaches we do have and have chosen opt for the experienced players...the so called "safe bet" tactic. It's "safer" to use Canna and Legro than to use Ariaudo. It's "safer" to use DC instead of Gio for defensive purposes.

With the Giovinco conundrum, I choose to believe that with the 3 coaches we have had they would rather opt for experienced players rather than the risk of using inexperienced youth.

As Andy says, its also a mixture of the coaches we have chosen playing old school italian style. Our board shouldn't allow it IMO and should say something. But its sad when coaches from smaller teams know now that its safe to attack us for 90 mins when 5 years ago it was these same small teams that would park a bus in front of goal to try and stop us from scoring.
I mentioned the structure before. We don't have it to get players like Seba enough freedom to operate as they like, especially in the winger position ( remember he was tried as a second striker and it didn't work out).

The guy is getting wasted I know. Ferrara gave him half a chance here and there but nothing sustainable and the shitty thing is that none was prepared to take a chance on him. The thing we need to consider is that this team had so many problems, that gio was not the solution for. And we didn't have the leadership or the man management that look beyond the short term.

nhilun

Dec 23, 2008
With Ferrara i actually think that Seba had a good chance to be part of this team.
I don't think that Ferrara was really believe in Giovinco, the only reason is DP was injured. When we was playing pretty well with 4-2-3-1, DP came back and he immediately take Gio's place, then of course 4-2-3-1 couldn't work with DP on the flank so Ferrara changed back to 4-3-1-2. And as you all know, he never start again. :cry:

Sir Psycho Sexy

I AM CANDREVA (kholsit!)
Sep 19, 2008
hmmm i would just like to add that this man should leave! its a crime to kill off talent like this, and NO coach will play him cause in the case of prandelli, we might get vargas and thats a done deal for gio not to play.

Gio was supposed to be vice-diego, what happened? well we got candreva! and i really like this guy :D:D:D, so if we lose giovinco cause the team is never going to play him im not going to be THAT mad we still have ME/candreva ( u do know ive taken it upon myself to announce that i am him and he is me, well we do play the same way! ;) )

anywhooo gio we love you and would love for u to stay but you shuld leave to maintain your career!
ciao all!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 87)