Sebastian Giovinco (40 Viewers)

Would you bring Giovinco back next season?

• Yeah, we could use him

• Nope, get rid of him

Results are only viewable after voting.

fredrik

Aug 7, 2011
its not like he cant create for others when he plays cf or ss, but he is choosing to finish them all himself. when he does that he should also be responsible for the outcome, and be jugded on that. hopefully conte tells him to never try to finish, and always look for players who are in better positions. if he starts the next match, there is something totaly wrong with conte.

- - - Updated - - -

Giovinco wouldn't have acted like a CF if Matri did his job. Now he had to create as the SS he is and do Matri's job at the same time.
its gio who is the problem, not matri and not quag. only vuci-gio is half working, and thats bc gio is vucis bitch, and he dictats the play when he is on the field.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Zacheryah

Aug 29, 2010
i cant understand the hate he got tonight

from what i saw between interrupts from very shitty streams, he was by far our most creative player, making alot of chances, untill vucinic came on, and changed completely how we played

Linebreak

Sep 18, 2009
untill vucinic came on, sure

i would like to see this formation

---------buffon

lichtsteiner-barzagli-chiellini-asamoah

-------------------pirlo
--------vidal------------marchisio

giovinco----------------vucinic
------------bendtner

next time we face the danes
:tup: to that formation. Bendtner needs to be used more.

LowLife

Jan 7, 2011
No, he was not one of the best players we had out there.

Better than Giovinco in their respective positions:

Lucio
Bonucci
Pirlo
Marchisio
Isla

For me, he was on par with Matri tonight.
You made my night! Forza Gio the best player out there!

Noo shiit we didn't win, mr Zoric went to watch the game in the stadium. We're lucky the whole stadium didn't collapse.

gray

Apr 22, 2003
Giovinco kind of reminds me of Diego in these situations.

He wasn't awful, in fact he was pretty much the only one making things tick in attack, but you can't help but walk away thinking and wishing that he could have done more.

Hydde

Minimiliano Tristelli
Mar 6, 2003
Its useless dann10. He definitely shuld have scored at least one... but by far his effort didnt went unnoticed. There is surely some problems in how we are using him... but it is also complicated because trolls and haters tend to isolate him as the sole reason of the problem... when this can be very much a combination of factors like:
1-Not having a WC striker?
2-Deployed in a role with the wrong approach
3-Some bad decition making.
4-Poor control of the ball..

He indeed needs to continue improving... but this kind of bashing to a player who worked his ass off and at least produced something is plain stupidity, hate , personal agenda whatever u want to call it.

I will sincerely blame Marotta for not getting a real striker, and conte for not fixing this problem yet, as i feel he definitely has potential, but a lot of factors are combining to make him and vuci sub par. They should be paired with a world class finisher and our problems will just dissapear in thin air.

K.O.

Nov 24, 2005
Giovinco wasn't as bad as some try to point out. But, I feel that in this 3-5-2, he has no use unless brought in from the bench when all defenders are tired of running.

Physically, Giovinco is only suited to play on the wing of a 4-3-3. It's really not about his skill on the ball anymore, he isn't built to receive the ball with his back to the opposition goal. Conte should realize that by now.

Buck Fuddy

Lara Chedraoui fanboy
May 22, 2009
I'd have liked to see him go around the keeper there. If you watch the replay he is agile and quick enough to get inside and have an attempt on his right, or even square to Matri, who appeared in a lot of space. But obviously many forwards go for the tight angle in that position, as they can't always be sure what is around them.

I'm not criticising his performance, he was lively and deserved more, but his inability to score was important.
:tup:

There are really only 2 things that bother me about Gio (besides him playing in a position that doesn't really suit him, since that's not exactly his fault):
- His decision making: going for the shot when he needs to pass and vice versa, playing fast when needs to slow down & vice versa, hogging the ball when there are better alternatives, often being unaware of what's going on around him, etc
- For such a technical player, his touches and/or ball control are often embarrassing. Never mind his first touches.

Giovinco wouldn't have acted like a CF if Matri did his job. Now he had to create as the SS he is and do Matri's job at the same time.
:lol:

The Curr

Feb 3, 2007
:tup:

There are really only 2 things that bother me about Gio (besides him playing in a position that doesn't really suit him, since that's not exactly his fault):
- His decision making: going for the shot when he needs to pass and vice versa, playing fast when needs to slow down & vice versa, hogging the ball when there are better alternatives, often being unaware of what's going on around him, etc
- For such a technical player, his touches and/or ball control are often embarrassing. Never mind his first touches.
His finishing is poor as well.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 38)