Sebastian Giovinco (38 Viewers)

Would you bring Giovinco back next season?

• Yeah, we could use him

• Nope, get rid of him

Results are only viewable after voting.

Rollie

Apr 15, 2008
how can you not mind him starting whens hes pretty useless when he does, cant hold up play, cant counter, cant receive long passes, and doesnt add anything to play(no gols no assists)
Oh c'mon brother. Hyperbole much? :D You don't have to necessarily score, or assist on a goal to add to our play. Otherwise, you would surely have fewer praiseworthy posts in the Vucinic thread, am I right? Mirko's a better player than Seba, but there are plenty of times when he's held off the sheet but still influences our play because of his characteristics.

Anyway, I thought Giovinco had one of his better games on Saturday for Juve, against our top rival at the moment, and with an absolutely useless Q as his partner, to boot.

How you feeling about Marchisio these days, you shining star? I'm feeling like this thread is generally starting to feel a bit like the Marchisio thread from a couple seasons ago.

Nowadays he considers himself more of a goal scorer than to assist goals.
I think this is probably true. And certainly it has at least something to do with the fact that his past two coaches have clearly asked him to focus more on goal scoring. Look at how Conte's been fielding him in most games; obviously he's looking for that goal return.

I personally prefer his game when he's looking to distribute the ball more, I know where the frustration from people is coming from. That said, I still think the adjustment is going alright, and I'm willing to be patient while he settles in; these things can take time, obviously.

fredrik

Aug 7, 2011
He clearly wasnt MOM, but i guess a few dribbling runs is enough for some ppl.

Our defence was better Than him. Marchisio, cacares and pogba was more important than him, and should all be infront of him in MOM.

GordoDeCentral

Diez
Apr 14, 2005
Oh c'mon brother. Hyperbole much? :D You don't have to necessarily score, or assist on a goal to add to our play. Otherwise, you would surely have fewer praiseworthy posts in the Vucinic thread, am I right? Mirko's a better player than Seba, but there are plenty of times when he's held off the sheet but still influences our play because of his characteristics.

Anyway, I thought Giovinco had one of his better games on Saturday for Juve, against our top rival at the moment, and with an absolutely useless Q as his partner, to boot.

How you feeling about Marchisio these days, you shining star? I'm feeling like this thread is generally starting to feel a bit like the Marchisio thread from a couple seasons ago.
first of all i ceased being a star now i am just an unknown value :D as for my statement my friend, as you saw it was a succession of "and" statements. So for any player to up him, hed only need to successfully accomplish one, and Mirko does a few of those. IMO gio's characteristics are better suited to him coming off the bench, at least at this point in his juve career. So yes i do mind him starting, btw did you notice how slow hes looking these days?
As for marchisio, nothing to say, he sure shut up his doubters, and i see where you;re going with this but there are a lot more examples where waiting hurt us more. Yet you still win for the caudillo seems to agree with you.

- - - Updated - - -

He clearly wasnt MOM, but i guess a few dribbling runs is enough for some ppl.

Our defence was better Than him. Marchisio, cacares and pogba was more important than him, and should all be infront of him in MOM.
:agree:

Rollie

Apr 15, 2008
first of all i ceased being a star now i am just an unknown value :D as for my statement my friend, as you saw it was a succession of "and" statements. So for any player to up him, hed only need to successfully accomplish one, and Mirko does a few of those. IMO gio's characteristics are better suited to him coming off the bench, at least at this point in his juve career. So yes i do mind him starting, btw did you notice how slow hes looking these days?
As for marchisio, nothing to say, he sure shut up his doubters, and i see where you;re going with this but there are a lot more examples where waiting hurt us more. Yet you still win for the caudillo seems to agree with you.
Your value isn't exactly unknown, homie; not around these parts. I like what you did with that bolded part, too - I dig. :D

Ideally... I think that you're right about him generally being a better fit coming off the bench right now, but when Mirko's down for the count, I'm definitely up for Seba starting matches. Ideally, we'd have more balance in the attack, more complimentary pieces, Giovinco would be backing up Vuci, and we'd have at least one more proper CF. I haven't noticed the speed decline, yet... I'll be on the lookout. Last match, one of the things I did like was how much running he did for the team. I thought his work ethic was more altruistic than it often has been, even if he could have distributed the ball better at times. Maybe the extra running caused his speed decline :p

We've definitely been hurt by waiting for some players, but I don't think that Giovinco has begun to hurt this team (given the alternative options, the record without Conte, and leading the league in goals for)... which I guess is part of why I often defend guys like Seba, or Bonucci, or Claudio, before he became such a stud (even when Claudio wasn't playing like he is now, we had much much bigger problems that needed to be solved first - right now, we need to solve that CF problem, before anything else). I don't really consider myself a fanboy of these players (well, maybe #8), but I do see significant ability in these guys, and I just feel like there frequently comes a point where the players are scrutinized around here to the extent that some people start to invent a lot more faults than there really are (Not you, brother, but some are so personally insulted that Giovinco hasn't come remotely close to his initial billing by the media as 'the next Del Piero', that they feel the need to come in here everyday, and tear the guy down). Meanwhile, 47 games without a defeat - we need to be positive, and enjoy this shit! I mean, these guys aren't Mottas, Martinezs, Molinaros, or Marchionnis, and it's certainly not 2007-2011.

Good luck tonight, by the way - although I really need a big night from Stafford for my pool. Hopefully a lot of points go up on that board!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 38)