Sebastian Giovinco (44 Viewers)

Would you bring Giovinco back next season?

• Yeah, we could use him

• Nope, get rid of him

Results are only viewable after voting.

tosh_rose

Aug 21, 2010
Correct me if im wrong, but if it wasn't for giovinco, we would be 56 games unbeaten right now. Before he scored against us with parma in our last loss, were we not on like a 8 game undefeated streak in 2010/11?
Yep, our previous loss was at home vs Milan (0-1) on 05.03.2011, which was the 28th round, so hypothetically if it wasnt for Giovinco, at the end of this month, at home vs Bologna we were going for the 59 game without a loss and a new all-time record in Serie A...
Still, personally I dont care if we are going to brake Milan`s record or not, all I want is a treble this season... :))

Dominic

Jan 30, 2004
I dont like how his game has developed. Was a much more interesting player before his parmadays. He had that eye for the pass and making assists. Now, he thinks he has to do it all himself. I thought he had another average performance yesterday.

baggio

Jun 3, 2003
I think he played better last night partly because of his selfishness.
It helped him but killed the movement around the team. All the players around him only got more involved thanks to Pirlo, Marchisio and to an extent Bonnucci. Matri, Quag and even Vucinic suffer when Gio is playing. This is not Gio's fault, but it's important to create an understanding with you partner up front.

I don't think he was selfish he barely had other options and was the only one breathing life up front, had no idea what the hell Quag was doing all the while
I think Quag had a below par performance, but I wouldn't knock on him or Matri coz neither of them were brought alive in the final third where their strengths lie, because Gio was playing to his strengthts, which is running with the ball at the defense. He didn't create any openings for the others.

I couldn't fault him too much for being selfish when he was getting little support up top.
He had a great game, but he was the one who should've been providing the support to his last man, and I don't think he did. I wonder if it's because of this very reason Conte has wanted hm to play last man since he doesn't distribute the ball.

baggio

Jun 3, 2003
Very dynamic, I thought. But yes, a tad bit disruptive. He's become a bit of a ball hog. Noticed a couple of passes that he went for that weren't for him. Dunno if anyone saw that, and not for the first time.

May 22, 2007
I dont like how his game has developed. Was a much more interesting player before his parmadays. He had that eye for the pass and making assists. Now, he thinks he has to do it all himself. I thought he had another average performance yesterday.
I think it's down to him playing more centrally, and one thing I want to see this season is him starting in a 3 man forward line.

only-juve

Jan 5, 2008
:agree: right on the money, remember him during his Empoli days he used to create "a lot" to his teammate unlike nowadays.

GordoDeCentral

Diez
Apr 14, 2005
It was Giovinco's shot that got blocked by Campagnaro and Pogba scored from it you know?

He's my MoM, he looked very dangerous and ambitious. It's just the same all the time: he's not suited for playing with defenders on his back. He's very good on the left flank when he cuts in to shoot with his right foot (just like the first one vs Naples last night). This way he should be used more. Give him more free role and move him a bit closer to the wing. He's still our best scorer in Serie A this season.

Good display, keep it coming!

wrong, shot was easily blocked before being poorly cleared, trying to get gio any credit for this gol only shows bias.

Jul 20, 2012
Is till think he hasnt settled into the squad. He continues to do these flicks that never go off to the juventus player's and instead he just gives possession away. I think he played decently yesterday but once again the absence of Mirko made the squad look different

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 42)