Sebastian Giovinco (40 Viewers)

Would you bring Giovinco back next season?

• Yeah, we could use him

• Nope, get rid of him

Results are only viewable after voting.

LowLife

Jan 7, 2011
Goalkeeper was in top form! MOFO pulled off a top performance to deny Giovinco score in many occasions. Gio has some very good shots on goal including the header. Very unlucky not to score!

Boksic

May 11, 2005
How can you say he was unlucky not to score? He $#@!ing sucks at scoring. He's supposed to be a good dribbler and has a great vision, but what he did was ruin our attacks by holding possession for too damn long.
He forced a couple of great saves from the keeper. I would class that as unlucky.

baggio

Jun 3, 2003
Admire his endless runing but he is costing the team and is one of the worst at making decisions, on the pitch. Selfish today as well. Crept in centrally and threw off Matri who moved well initially before being isolated like the other evening against Nap.

Japp

Sep 19, 2012
We don't need him to be fucking dangerous, we need him to score goals which he's incapable of doing to an empty goal.
30 games for Italy U-21 and National team ONLY 1 goal. That should fucking tell you something about his scoring abilities.

Jem83

maitre'd at Canal Bar
Nov 7, 2005
what a $#@! is people talkin' about here. first he ain't a No 9 and somehow we treat him like one.. then when he fails to finish we bash him.. and we he played deeply and started to collect and open play he became useless.. people need before bashing him understand what kind of a player he is.. he should play free under the strikers. and i though he was great today full of heart only unlucky.
My point exactly. I don't think it's fair that he should constantly be evaluated as is he was brought in to be a "bomber", because he never was. He is a player of finesse and flair, and I actually think he showed that tonight. Good game by Gio.

Suns

Release clause?
May 22, 2009
I have no idea how the player who was involved in almost everything is the one getting all the heat right now. The hate is getting stupid at this point. He's not a finisher and to be honest its not like the chances he got were that easy, he created most of them through himself and wasn't handed them on a plate. He was the one creating them, not destroying them.

baggio

Jun 3, 2003
Goalkeeper was in top form! MOFO pulled off a top performance to deny Giovinco score in many occasions. Gio has some very good shots on goal including the header. Very unlucky not to score!
Unlucky? Second game running, his endless running has produced nothing as a forward. A large part of it is down to his unwillingness to distribute and share the ball. He goes for the goal despite the fact that he is woeful at finishing.

I also find it frustating that with every FK he's breathing in Pirlo's neck, wanting to take it.
Yea I agree. Like I said, he's becoming a bit of a ball hog and selfish player.

jukazem

Feb 10, 2007
All of them were straight at the keeper. Second half he was sharper though and his shots were more powerful and in the first half he rounded of the keeper to shot at the side net which was very slack regardless of the angle.

Klin

نحن الروبوتات
May 27, 2009
Great technique on several occasions, good first touch. Made good runs into the box, setting himself up for at least two very dangerous opportunities. The finishing was good on one of those, and poor on the other. He created space for himself and other players. The only thing that was missing for him tonight were the goals.
What's the point of having great technique to set yourself up for dangerous opportunities when you can't conclude for shit? It's not just this match which this has happened.

What I also don't understand is why the hell is Conte playing this system with such a weak and small forward in the team? It's so easy to defend against us this way. This guy can only become effective for us on cutting from the left in a 4-3-3.

ALC

Ohaulick
Oct 28, 2010
He doesn't fit in the team. He's not bad or anything but holds on to the ball for too long and isn't that good at linking up. Should be a sub imo.

baggio

Jun 3, 2003
I have no idea how the player who was involved in almost everything is the one getting all the heat right now. The hate is getting stupid at this point. He's not a finisher and to be honest its not like the chances he got were that easy, he created most of them through himself and wasn't handed them on a plate. He was the one creating them, not destroying them.
There is no doubt about his dynamism. I think the issue is that he's only creating for himself. Did you notice Vucinic moving in the box? Wasn't taking men on and going for goal, he was looking to create for the people around him. Giovinco has developed this streak and i think that's where people are having an issue.

When you're finishing is crap and you continue to go for goal each time you get the ball, then you're playing for yourself.

Jem83

maitre'd at Canal Bar
Nov 7, 2005
What's the point of having great technique to set yourself up for dangerous opportunities when you can't conclude for $#@!? It's not just this match which this has happened.

What I also don't understand is why the hell is Conte playing this system with such a weak and small forward in the team? It's so easy to defend against us this way. This guy can only become effective for us on cutting from the left in a 4-3-3.
Well I do agree with the tactics you're suggesting. We definitely need to stop playing 3-5-2 against minnows. It would result in alot more goals on our behalf. Who cares if we concede one or two if we bang in three or four ourselves, you know? I'm all for deploying the 4-3-3 in these type of games.

But...I just don't get the argument that technique, flair, creating spaces, making good runs, all of that, counts for nothing just because one doesn't get on the scoresheet. If anything, a player like that can create opportunities for his teammates, and he did!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 40)