Sebastian Giovinco (19 Viewers)

Would you bring Giovinco back next season?

• Yeah, we could use him

• Nope, get rid of him

Results are only viewable after voting.

Suns

Release clause?
May 22, 2009
I also find it frustating that with every FK he's breathing in Pirlo's neck, wanting to take it.
Unlucky? Second game running, his endless running has produced nothing as a forward. A large part of it is down to his unwillingness to distribute and share the ball. He goes for the goal despite the fact that he is woeful at finishing.

Yea I agree. Like I said, he's becoming a bit of a ball hog and selfish player.

He scored plenty of free kicks last season and its not like he's "breathing in Pirlo's neck". You don't think Conte orders him to stay there? All the teams usually have two players behind the ball in order for the goalkeeper to not be 100% sure.

Buy on AliExpress.com

baggio

Jun 3, 2003
He doesn't fit in the team. He's not bad or anything but holds on to the ball for too long and isn't that good at linking up. Should be a sub imo.
His ability to link play or lack thereof can hurt us badly. No point being dynamic when you try to do everything yourself. I must add Bendtner actually impressed when he came on.

Suns

Release clause?
May 22, 2009
There is no doubt about his dynamism. I think the issue is that he's only creating for himself. Did you notice Vucinic moving in the box? Wasn't taking men on and going for goal, he was looking to create for the people around him. Giovinco has developed this streak and i think that's where people are having an issue.

When you're finishing is crap and you continue to go for goal each time you get the ball, then you're playing for yourself.
If Gio is being selfish, making wrong decisions and playing for himself then I expect Conte to bench him.

baggio

Jun 3, 2003
He scored plenty of free kicks last season and its not like he's "breathing in Pirlo's neck". You don't think Conte orders him to stay there? All the teams usually have two players behind the ball in order for the goalkeeper to not be 100% sure.
No. I think overall, he tries to get on the ball at all costs. I'm not liking that about him this season. He wasn't like this before Parma.

- - - Updated - - -

If Gio is being selfish, making wrong decisions and playing for himself then I expect Conte to bench him.
He needs to play as sub to Vucinic. I don't think he is linking with anybody as of now, because of the way he's playing his game.

Klin

نحن الروبوتات
May 27, 2009
Well I do agree with the tactics you're suggesting. We definitely need to stop playing 3-5-2 against minnows. It would result in alot more goals on our behalf. Who cares if we concede one or two if we bang in three or four ourselves, you know? I'm all for deploying the 4-3-3 in these type of games.

But...I just don't get the argument that technique, flair, creating spaces, making good runs, all of that, counts for nothing just because one doesn't get on the scoresheet. If anything, a player like that can create opportunities for his teammates, and he did!
His cons outweighs his pros. You talk about all those skills he possesses, yet all we've been seeing during matches is him being dominated and killing our attacks by holding possession. It's like he's not in synch with the team's movement.

Jem83

maitre'd at Canal Bar
Nov 7, 2005
His cons outweighs his pros. You talk about all those skills he possesses, yet all we've been seeing during matches is him being dominated and killing our attacks by holding possession. It's like he's not in synch with the team's movement.
Have faith. His skills are too good to ignore. Expecting everything to click after only a handful of games (as he has not featured in every game) since his transfer from Parma is not fair, in my opinion. But I believe he's getting there.

However, you are right about his finishing, and it's a damn shame. He would be one of the best players in the world if he was a true finisher.

Klin

نحن الروبوتات
May 27, 2009
Have faith. His skills are too good to ignore. Expecting everything to click after only a handful of games (as he has not featured in every game) since his transfer from Parma is not fair, in my opinion. But I believe he's getting there.

However, you are right about his finishing, and it's a damn shame. He would be one of the best players in the world if he was a true finisher.
He's too physically weak to be even considered as a great one, Jem.

baggio

Jun 3, 2003

Don't agree. Unfortunately, I've been very let down by him the last few games. His skill set is pretty much what we see and like, but he's not helping the team as a unit.

Jem83

maitre'd at Canal Bar
Nov 7, 2005
I don't think he's that physically weak, really. Tell that to Cavani, who got shoved into the sideboards by Gio :D

I understand why some people are frustrated with him, but I dont want to participate in a general discussion about Giovinco. I'm just saying that he played well tonight and I can't believe how people didn't see that.

baggio

Jun 3, 2003
It's unfortunate though. Coz if he made better decisions and mobilised those around him, he would be a player who could make a difference. I'm very let down being a Gio fan myself. This isn't the guy we sent to Parma.

Klin

نحن الروبوتات
May 27, 2009
He thinks too high of himself nowadays. This is the same guy who demanded to get a lot of game time if we wanted to get him back.

Hydde

Minimiliano Tristelli
Mar 6, 2003
Probably a little too extreme there buddy, but ... I think he was really good, that's why I'm bothering to defend him. Otherwise, I wouldn't be arsed.
Definitely not outstanding!. For that he should have scored at least 2 plus all of what he did.
Our team plaued like shid.. like in the last 2 CL games... but at the very least, this time giovinco tested the keeper.... sadly for us... that fuking buffon fan wanted to prove somethig.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 18)