Save our Beloved Lebanon...... (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
ReBeL said:
As I told you, it's up to you:

1- Run away and leave your dignity behind you...

2- Keep your dignity and keep your land even on behalf of your life...
How much does a dozen of dignity cost?

Byrone

Peen Meister
Dec 19, 2005
ReBeL said:
As I told you, it's up to you:

1- Run away and leave your dignity behind you...

2- Keep your dignity and keep your land even on behalf of your life...
Id much rather leave my dignity & swallow my pride than put my family's safety at risk.:pint:

Sicilian Juve

May 17, 2006
Azzurri7 said:
I'll explain here the Syrian and Israelian role....
---------------------------------------------------------

As we all know Hezzeb Allah are financially supported by Syria and Iran, meaning that weapons and everything comes through Syrian borders....Syria were the ones that putted pressure on Hezzeb Allah to kidnap the Two Israelian Soldiers...

On the other hand, Israelians waited Lebanon for a small mistake to commit something like this, to put Lebanon upside down....Israelians are also bombing some Christians places so It can all blow up between Islam(Sheaa) and Christians in Lebanon...Hopefully this wont happen..again.

Now If Christians and Muslim(Sheaa) of Lebanon will do the same stupid thing and fall into the Syrian Israelian trap, this will again witness another Dilemma of the 1975 civil war in Lebanon...When Syrians entered Lebanon and Occupied for 30years...this will also Suit Israelians aswell, whom will have the green light to re-enter Lebanon aswell, having their reason that Syria is in Lebanon to help Hezzeb Allah.

I pray and hope Christian Lebanese and Muslim Lebanese to keep their eyes awake and not to fall into Isralian-Syrian trap....Instead to be United and only think of Lebanon, before something Called Islam or Sheaa....a Country is over a religion and over anything else.

Very well said. I hope you stay safe.:agree:

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
Thursday, 20 July, 2006 @ 8:06 PM

By Robert Fisk,
The Independent
Elegant buildings lie in ruins. The heady scent of gardenias gives way to the acrid stench of bombed-out oil installations. And everywhere terrified people are scrambling to get out of a city that seems tragically doomed to chaos and destruction. As Beirut - 'the Paris of the East' - is defiled yet again.

In the year 551, the magnificent, wealthy city of Berytus - headquarters of the imperial East Mediterranean Roman fleet - was struck by a massive earthquake. In its aftermath, the sea withdrew several miles and the survivors - ancestors of the present-day Lebanese - walked out on the sands to loot the long-sunken merchant ships revealed in front of them.

That was when a tidal wall higher than a tsunami returned to swamp the city and kill them all. So savagely was the old Beirut damaged that the Emperor Justinian sent gold from Constantinople as compensation to every family left alive.

How does this happen to Beirut? For 30 years, I've watched this place die and then rise from the grave and then die again, its apartment blocks pitted with so many bullets they looked like Irish lace, its people massacring each other.

I lived here through 15 years of civil war that took 150,000 lives, and two Israeli invasions and years of Israeli bombardments that cost the lives of a further 20,000 of its people. I have seen them armless, legless, headless, knifed, bombed and splashed across the walls of houses. Yet they are a fine, educated, moral people whose generosity amazes every foreigner, whose gentleness puts any Westerner to shame, and whose suffering we almost always ignore.

They look like us, the people of Beirut. They have light-coloured skin and speak beautiful English and French. They travel the world. Their women are gorgeous and their food exquisite. But what are we saying of their fate today as the Israelis - in some of their cruellest attacks on this city and the surrounding countryside - tear them from their homes, bomb them on river bridges, cut them off from food and water and electricity? We say that they started this latest war, and we compare their appalling casualties - 240 in all of Lebanon by last night - with Israel's 24 dead, as if the figures are the same.

And then, most disgraceful of all, we leave the Lebanese to their fate like a diseased people and spend our time evacuating our precious foreigners while tut-tutting about Israel's "disproportionate" response to the capture of its soldiers by Hizbollah.

I walked through the deserted city centre of Beirut yesterday and it reminded more than ever of a film lot, a place of dreams too beautiful to last, a phoenix from the ashes of civil war whose plumage was so brightly coloured that it blinded its own people. This part of the city - once a Dresden of ruins - was rebuilt by Rafiq Hariri, the prime minister who was murdered scarcely a mile away on 14 February last year.

The wreckage of that bomb blast, an awful precursor to the present war in which his inheritance is being vandalised by the Israelis, still stands beside the Mediterranean, waiting for the last UN investigator to look for clues to the assassination - an investigator who has long ago abandoned this besieged city for the safety of Cyprus.

OP
Azzurri7

Azzurri7

Pinturicchio
Dec 16, 2003
  • Thread Starter #71
    Seven said:
    Good to know you're fine, Rab.

I don't know enough to comment on the subject, but the mere fact people still "create" photographs such as the ones in this thread is horrifying. And I have to admit that people here seem to care less and less and less about the subject.

I know lot of people would care less and less about this topic/subject....But all what I'm trying to do from my part is to show atleast some people the true Images and try to explain them the real situation, as lot of people don't know exactly what It is about....and at the end of coarse to show support to all these people in Lebanon.

Joaco

the cronopio
    Dec 11, 2005
    Byrone said:
    Id much rather leave my dignity & swallow my pride than put my family's safety at risk.:pint:
    well said, Byrone
    Pride is something very subjective, family not.

BTW, good to know that you're ok, rab:pint:

Rami

The Linuxologist
    Dec 24, 2004
    Erik-with-a-k said:
    The way I see it, you're gonna wanna point the finger at France and Britain here, who had the most influence in the region. Many European countries (I imagine Canada too) don't have strong ties with either Lebanon OR Israel. Holland is one of them; the ties don't extent any further than the small embassies found in either nation.

With that in mind, the Dutch foreign minister has personally urged his Israeli counterpart to avoid bombing civilian targets, and he has tried to rally his EU partners so they can reach a common decision. That's pretty much all he can do.

France, now that's different. As a former colonial power they have somewhat of a moral duty to help Lebanon out. If they are willing to march to the aid of many African nations, then why not Lebanon? They ought to mobilise some men already.
    Oh god Erik, I don't know why you just can't see it!

It's because Israel is involved, nobody wants to speak up or do anything. Now if it was Syria doing this to Lebanon you will find the whole world in Levante in a matter of 48 hours.

PhRoZeN

Livin with Mediocre
    Mar 29, 2006
    Good to see your okay, as is your family. Hope this war ends soon..

I personally dont see too much difference between this thread and the "Israel-lebanon" one.. infact theres already signs that this may end up being the same.. I have already seen some political conversation spark up.. im tempted to join, but then ill respect it and just wont bother giving my 50 cents. However just to say, I dont share majority of the opinion that syria and iran is indeed behind these atrocitys.. I say no more, believe what you want to.

Rami

The Linuxologist
    Dec 24, 2004
    Azzurri7 said:
    Tbh, I can't blame the States as much as I'm ashamed of the Arab countries watching and doing nothing. I don't know how can a country 10452km with 4million population fight for the whole arab region....It's like asking the Impossible. Like I said before, Hezzeb Allah did a mistake in starting this war, bad timing...very bad timing....Lebanon was already in debt 30Billion $, god knows how much will it be know...Lebanese Economy was Improving until this war started.
    Dude we are all lap-dogs for Bushy!!:D

ReBeL

The Jackal
    Jan 14, 2005
    Byrone said:
    I know that the human chooses this option by default, but he regrets it as soon as he becomes out of his land...

JCK

Biased
    JCK
    May 11, 2004
    Rami said:
    Oh god Erik, I don't know why you just can't see it!

It's because Israel is involved, nobody wants to speak up or do anything. Now if it was Syria doing this to Lebanon you will find the whole world in Levante in a matter of 48 hours.
    So why don't the Arab countries do something? They just say and I can say millions and millions of words without changing anything.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)