Save our Beloved Lebanon...... (4 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bozi

The Bozman
Administrator
Oct 18, 2005
as i said in my pm rab i am glad that you are safe and well, i can only pray that you, jeeks and any other lebanese on this forum can get their family out of there safe and well. i am very sorry your house has been destroyed but at least you have escaped injury.

i hope this whole sorry situation is cleared up sooner than later, there is no-one coming over very well in this and as usual, its the innocent people of these contries that suffer. the international community cannot afford to simply stand and watch as the whole of the middle east plunges into war

Buy on AliExpress.com

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
Erik-with-a-k said:
There's also the little issue of who the hell you are going to shoot at. Israel? You risk getting nuked, not a very tempting prospect. Hezbollah? Nobody can freaking find them.

NATO could easily get past Israel's siege of the nation if it really wanted to. But then what?
I know NATO can, but do they want to? I mean do they want to bypass an Israeli siege? Then again if they want to, they wouldn't have let Israel do the damage they have already done.

Slagathor

Bedpan racing champion
Jul 25, 2001
Jeeks said:
I know NATO can, but do they want to? I mean do they want to bypass an Israeli siege? Then again if they want to, they wouldn't have let Israel do the damage they have already done.
The way I see it, you're gonna wanna point the finger at France and Britain here, who had the most influence in the region. Many European countries (I imagine Canada too) don't have strong ties with either Lebanon OR Israel. Holland is one of them; the ties don't extent any further than the small embassies found in either nation.

With that in mind, the Dutch foreign minister has personally urged his Israeli counterpart to avoid bombing civilian targets, and he has tried to rally his EU partners so they can reach a common decision. That's pretty much all he can do.

France, now that's different. As a former colonial power they have somewhat of a moral duty to help Lebanon out. If they are willing to march to the aid of many African nations, then why not Lebanon? They ought to mobilise some men already.

Muha

The Head Physio
Feb 25, 2004
there is a son of a b1tch called Bush .. who doesnt want the world to send international forces to lebanon..... If someone is being a terrorist than its Mr. bush d!ckhead

Martin

Dec 31, 2000
Erik-with-a-k said:
The way I see it, you're gonna wanna point the finger at France and Britain here, who had the most influence in the region. Many European countries (I imagine Canada too) don't have strong ties with either Lebanon OR Israel. Holland is one of them; the ties don't extent any further than the small embassies found in either nation.

With that in mind, the Dutch foreign minister has personally urged his Israeli counterpart to avoid bombing civilian targets, and he has tried to rally his EU partners so they can reach a common decision. That's pretty much all he can do.

France, now that's different. As a former colonial power they have somewhat of a moral duty to help Lebanon out. If they are willing to march to the aid of many African nations, then why not Lebanon? They ought to mobilise some men already.
The root of the problem is Israel having carte blanche from the US, as they've had for decades now. While that is the case, obviously no sane person (except maybe once upon a time Russia) will back Israel's enemies. So France being committed means nothing, they're not about lift a finger. The battle must be won in the political plane, for the US to order Israel to cut that shit out, that's the only thing that can work.

Sicilian Juve

May 17, 2006
Muha said:
there is a son of a b1tch called Bush .. who doesnt want the world to send international forces to lebanon..... If someone is being a terrorist than its Mr. bush d!ckhead
I do not want ot get into a policial war over this but Let me just say there is a great many "Dick Heads" out there. By your signature I see you on one side of this issue, remember there are two sides. There are just as many people on the other side that disagree with you. Stop being so disrespectful and pray for peace for the innocent.

cyril

Let's roll
Jul 6, 2006
hey man, im glad your ok, this whole mess has to stop soon, i just cant look at the people who are dying everyday, we deserve peace in lebanon enough with wars, but then again syria and israel would never want that.

I dont know if I should leave or stay, I live in jounieh and my family has an american passport but we really dont want to leave :S

Hope all goes well for lebanon, and may god be with us.

ReBeL

The Jackal
Jan 14, 2005
Martin said:
The root of the problem is Israel having carte blanche from the US, as they've had for decades now. While that is the case, obviously no sane person (except maybe once upon a time Russia) will back Israel's enemies. So France being committed means nothing, they're not about lift a finger. The battle must be won in the political plane, for the US to order Israel to cut that shit out, that's the only thing that can work.
Exactly:agree:

Slagathor

Bedpan racing champion
Jul 25, 2001
Martin said:
Well that goes without saying, I was stretching the limits of reality. If France were to send troops they would have to do it under the peacekeeping motto with UN backing. Which is an option but they're not lobbying for anything of the sort, which I find slightly disappointing.

ReBeL

The Jackal
Jan 14, 2005
Erik-with-a-k said:
Well that goes without saying, I was stretching the limits of reality. If France were to send troops they would have to do it under the peacekeeping motto with UN backing. Which is an option but they're not lobbying for anything of the sort, which I find slightly disappointing.
But France has already some of its troops in the south of Lebanon, but they are as useless as Zlatan...

Martin

Dec 31, 2000
Erik-with-a-k said:
True, they could have. So much for the destruction of Lebanon. Now as far as Israel's security is concerned, tell them to stay out. Now we just need to handle the Hezbollah (everyone seems to spell the name differently, is there one correct spelling?).

Slagathor

Bedpan racing champion
Jul 25, 2001
Martin said:
True, they could have. So much for the destruction of Lebanon. Now as far as Israel's security is concerned, tell them to stay out. Now we just need to handle the Hezbollah (everyone seems to spell the name differently, is there one correct spelling?).
Yeah Hezbollah is a problem

About the spelling, I only know it means "Party of God". I've seen the following versions:

Hezb Allah

Hezballah

Hezbollah

Hezb'Allah

I don't know anymore :D

Martin

Dec 31, 2000
Erik-with-a-k said:
Yeah Hezbollah is a problem
Do they have Swiss bank accounts? Liechtenstein, Cayman Islands? Cancel them, flush the money into Unesco or something worthwhile. Meanwhile whoever asshole is selling them weapons could kindly stop doing that. No funding and no guns, that's a good way to kill an army.

Erik-with-a-k said:
About the spelling, I only know it means "Party of God". I've seen the following versions:

Hezb Allah

Hezballah

Hezbollah

Hezb'Allah

I don't know anymore :D
That's the one I've always seen on Norwegian tv, I'm sticking with it for now.

ReBeL

The Jackal
Jan 14, 2005
Martin said:
Hezbollah is the name according to the perfect written Arabic language shared by all countries...

Hezballah , is according to Lebanese accent...

ReBeL

The Jackal
Jan 14, 2005
Martin said:
Do they have Swiss bank accounts? Liechtenstein, Cayman Islands? Cancel them, flush the money into Unesco or something worthwhile. Meanwhile whoever asshole is selling them weapons could kindly stop doing that. No funding and no guns, that's a good way to kill an army.
The most remarkable strength of them is that they're not an organized army...

If they were an organized army, they would be found easily and vanished since a long time...

They depend on the surprise element to get their operations done...

And of sure, the secrecy is very important in their work...

OP
Azzurri7

Azzurri7

Pinturicchio
Dec 16, 2003
  • Thread Starter #39
    Muha said:
    Tbh, I can't blame the States as much as I'm ashamed of the Arab countries watching and doing nothing. I don't know how can a country 10452km with 4million population fight for the whole arab region....It's like asking the Impossible. Like I said before, Hezzeb Allah did a mistake in starting this war, bad timing...very bad timing....Lebanon was already in debt 30Billion $, god knows how much will it be know...Lebanese Economy was Improving until this war started.

OP
    Azzurri7

Azzurri7

Pinturicchio
    Dec 16, 2003
  • Thread Starter #40
    cyril said:
    hey man, im glad your ok, this whole mess has to stop soon, i just cant look at the people who are dying everyday, we deserve peace in lebanon enough with wars, but then again syria and israel would never want that.

I dont know if I should leave or stay, I live in jounieh and my family has an american passport but we really dont want to leave :S

Hope all goes well for lebanon, and may god be with us.
    I was in Jounieh aswell when I ran from Dahye(Hart Hriek)....I stayed in Jounieh for a day and half until they bombed the port....I kept on moving from a place to another....

I stayed almost 4days with no shower, with the same shirt,shoes etc...

Indeed, Syria and Israel will just never leave Lebanon in Peace.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 4)