Sanchez or Jovetic?...VOTE!!! (6 Viewers)

Sanchez or Jovetic?

• Sanchez

• Jovetic

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

K.O.

Nov 24, 2005
I think we should wrap up the Sanchez deal now. Jovetic is impossible to get as long as the Della Valle are in charge of the purple rats.

Gep

The Guv'nor
Jun 12, 2005
Ok Lets change scenario a tad. Who's more value for money between these two? Jovetic €30m or Sanchez €18-20m.

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
Ok Lets change scenario a tad. Who's more value for money between these two? Jovetic €30m or Sanchez €18-20m.
Is it just straight cash, or are there players involved in the deal as well? Keeping in mind that Fiorentina would be more amenable to accept a player like Quag in the deal, as well as a young player in co-ownership as well

Carlos Primera

Il Vecchio Signore
Mar 29, 2009
I dont see Sanchez as such a quantum leap for the attack. He's definitely an upgrade, but a game changer?

Jovetic's past injuries have alarm bells ringing as a major concern in regards to signing him, but Sanchez looks like a broken man every single time I've seen him turn out for Barça; burdened by the weight of expectations. Nothing like the sparkplug in Udinese. Who knows if he can get back to the level he performed at in Udine. The mongs over at the Barça forum have been rubbing their hands with glee at the news that were planning a bid.

For <18 million euros, I see value.

Cronios

Juventolog
Jun 7, 2004
I would prefer Suarez insteab, but between the two of them, Jovetic, since he can offer smth close to the DP's role and complement the finisher by scoring a few goals once in a while.
Thats smth our current SSs cant offer and since what we lack the most is finishing and not creativity or spectacle, Jovetic is the logical choice here...

But anyways, as long as we have Marotta, we cannot sign such a player, this one more futile thread...

Gep

The Guv'nor
Jun 12, 2005
Is it just straight cash, or are there players involved in the deal as well? Keeping in mind that Fiorentina would be more amenable to accept a player like Quag in the deal, as well as a young player in co-ownership as well
Thought those rats didn't want any player involved? and wanted cash only. Wasn't that the stumbling block for us when we supposedly made an offer.

- - - Updated - - -

Sanchez looks like a broken man every single time I've seen him turn out for Barça; burdened by the weight of expectations. Nothing like the sparkplug in Udinese. Who knows if he can get back to the level he performed at in Udine. The mongs over at the Barça forum have been rubbing their hands with glee at the news that were planning a bid.

For <18 million euros, I see value.
Form is temporary. Class is permanent. Players need to feel comfortable where they go to get the best out of them. What did he expect where the whole of Catalonia kisses Messi ass. And feel you cannot express yourself but to pass and please Lionel.

Rollie

Apr 15, 2008
Sanchez because he'll be much cheaper and Jovetic ain't worth all that money Viola are asking for. Its not like Jovetic is this amazing goalscorer. Also Jovetic is injury prone and Fiorentina will ask for about 30m which he isn't worth. If we could get Sanchez for something less than 20m then of course we should take him.

- - - Updated - - -

Jovetic's best season: 15 goals 3 assists. Its not like he's different from Sanchez stat wise.
In fairness though Suns, those stats come from the season directly after major knee surgery, and were put up by a 22 y/o. He's on a slightly better pace right now, and who knows what he could do on a team with the level of quality Juventus has.

- - - Updated - - -

They kicked out of the buffet line so I was in a bit of a crabby mood
:lol:

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
Apr 2, 2007
Frankly I find it hard to choose so I won't vote.

But I think there needs to be a difference between"Jovetic had a major injury" and "Jovetic is injury prone". As said before, this year he was injured on 4 matches, he played on 28 matches and was an unused sub on 3 matches for Montenegro and Fiorentina. Injured on 4 out of 35 matches.
He had a big injury and last year he needed time to recover. That's why he missed 11 matches in 2011/2012.

Quetzalcoatl

It ain't hard to tell
Aug 22, 2007

But I think there needs to be a difference between"Jovetic had a major injury" and "Jovetic is injury prone". As said before, this year he was injured on 4 matches, he played on 28 matches and was an unused sub on 3 matches for Montenegro and Fiorentina. Injured on 4 out of 35 matches.
He had a big injury and last year he needed time to recover. That's why he missed 11 matches in 2011/2012.
@Trequartista

LiquidPLP

Jun 9, 2012
I think some people exaggerate a bit when they say Sanchez will be easier to get than Jovetic. I think Sanchez's situation is similar to Giovinco's one: he's rated by manager but disliked by fans. Vilanova rates Sanchez and it's unlikely they'll sell both Villa and Sanchez in the Summer. Who will replace them? If they get Neymar then one can go but not both.
on'
Jovetic won't be cheap that's for sure but I don't believe we can get Sanchez for 20m. These rumors aren't trustworthy imo.

Cheesio

Jul 11, 2006

:tup:

Jojo all the way.

KB824

Sep 16, 2003

If I remember correctly, the majority of time that he missed last year was not due to the knee, but the muscles in that leg, as he was compensating for trying to regain full strength in that leg.

But, you know, there are people out there who somehow believe that because he had this injury and is now an absolute injury risk, much like the same people who compare his goal scoring feats to Sanchez without taking into consideration that he was coming off of this injury.

Here are numbers for you.

Anyone care to guess what these numbers are?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 6)