Sami Khedira (27 Viewers)

Cronios

Juventolog
Jun 7, 2004
Its not rocket science, it has been happening for quite a long time now.
I only claim credit for the first times i noticed this pattern.
But i m still shocked watching ppl still getting surprized every time it repeats.
Still ppl wishthinking and try to pretend it aint happening...

Buy on AliExpress.com
Last edited:

campionesidd

Mar 16, 2013
Its not rocket science, it has been happening for quite a long time now.
I only claim credit for the first times i noticed this pattern.
But i m still shocked watching ppl still getting surprized every time it repeats.
Still ppl wishthinking and try to pretend it aint happening...
Can you name other examples, (apart from Khedira and Higuaín)?

Lion

King of Tuz
Jan 24, 2007
to be fair khedira was still a useful player up until last season. he was still doing well enough to stay as a squad player.

its this 2019-2020 season that he has missed so much of.

- - - Updated - - -

Boudz

Mercato Tourist
Aug 1, 2002
I guess I’m the only one who never liked him. Yea, nice first season, but no, never Juve material. Years have passed and we became so used to the mediocrity at the midfield that people start to rate Khedira.
I never liked him either. My perfect midfielder was Vidal so I was always bitter to see him take his place on the team.

Elvin

Nov 25, 2005
So fucking annoying, but I can't blame him. We were stupid enough to offer him that extension and that money. Freeze him out of the team, and we'll see how happy he is come October-November, especially if he harbors any ambition of making the Germany squad for the Euros.
When was the last time we thought we were done with a player and that player's contract expired then instead of leeching on us? Barza?

Jun 6, 2015
I guess I’m the only one who never liked him. Yea, nice first season, but no, never Juve material. Years have passed and we became so used to the mediocrity at the midfield that people start to rate Khedira.
Khedira has been rated highly throughout his career by the coaches he has played for. At Juve he has now played for two coaches who clearly thought he was Juve material. He has never been the sort of flair and fancy player that fans generally gravitate towards, but he has been an important part of some really good teams and has helped those teams win multiple trophies. Rating Khedira is quite normal.

Lion

King of Tuz
Jan 24, 2007
it's pretty easy to see what he brought to the team.

watch team play with him vs without him on field.

with him: midfield looks coherent, tight, stable

without him: what we saw most of the season since he missed it.

just because he wasn't fancy like vidal in tackling, or dribbling like pogba wasnt proof he was bad. he was a smart midfiler that held midfield together. kind of like that marchisio guy

Hydde

Minimiliano Tristelli
Mar 6, 2003
it's pretty easy to see what he brought to the team.

watch team play with him vs without him on field.

with him: midfield looks coherent, tight, stable

without him: what we saw most of the season since he missed it.

just because he wasn't fancy like vidal in tackling, or dribbling like pogba wasnt proof he was bad. he was a smart midfiler that held midfield together. kind of like that marchisio guy
nah, he always just fished for goals near the enemy area and forfeiting his role as midfielder.

Bianconero81

Ageing Veteran
Jan 26, 2009
When was the last time we thought we were done with a player and that player's contract expired then instead of leeching on us? Barza?
No clue tbh :D

- - - Updated - - -

Khedira will return and take a starting spot. Sarri ball didn't fit him, never count Khedira out :D
What the fuck are you so happy about? Unless you're being sarcastic, in which case please continue :p

- - - Updated - - -

And here i thought i couldn't dislike him more
We finally agree on something regarding this team Bro :D

Mar 10, 2009
Its not that 'I never liked him' or that he is 'awful;' he was just 'ok' and clearly a step down from the midfielders we used to have; Vidal, Pirlo, Marchesio and Pogba.
The problem with our midfield is that we allowed it to rot over time, not addressing it properly.

Snobist

DareDevil
Apr 16, 2017
I keep hearing that he's refusing to leave. Juventus offered him a contract and now they don't want him, which is fine. But you can't expect him to give you anything back at all. He's not going to leave 6 million when he's clearly not getting that back. Pay him what you owe him and he'll leave.
This dont make sense. The only reason Juve want him to leave it’s because they dont want to pay him. If Juve pays him full salary why wont they keep him, with 5 subs rule, he can make 3-4 min cameos.

Adrian

Jan 31, 2003
We pay him to leave or we pay him to stay and sit in the stands watching cuz he is injured. Either way we are fucked cuz he is useless in both scenarios.

The reason I want him to leave is so he doesn't occupy a place in that midfield squad and we replace him with any player possible. If they can come off the bench they are more useful than he is.

Sami always had a very good football brain...shame his body couldn't hold up.

Suns

Release clause?
May 22, 2009
This dont make sense. The only reason Juve want him to leave it’s because they dont want to pay him. If Juve pays him full salary why wont they keep him, with 5 subs rule, he can make 3-4 min cameos.
Obviously you agree on a deal but at the same time how exactly do you agree on a deal if he's willing to sit on the bench for a year? If another club steps up he would not get a salary above 1m so we'd have to sweeten the deal for him to leave.

Whatever happens Khedira will be 6m euro richer by this time next year.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 26)