Russia - Ukraine Conflict 2022 (94 Viewers)

Kopanja

Jul 30, 2015
Seems that the promises of more modern weapons consumes more time than expected. I remember the reports of already weeks ago that it could take a few weeks to deliver, but haven’t heard anything ever since. Or they keep everything in order to organize a big counter offensive they retreat.
Weapons come, but very slowly and so far not nearly enough. To put things in perspective, Germany promised IRIS-T SLM delivered somewhere around Octobe IIRC, but people with inside knowledge told me to ignore it – in the best-case scenario, he said it will be delivered in a year and a half. Worst case, but also probable - not delivered at all. We already see how some big European guys like Macron probing with a "do not humiliate Putin" shit, and it really does not help with morale. Don't get me wrong, no one wants to surrender, we are willing to die, but it is more in line with "are they going to throw us under the bus again? even after all this?". And even don't get me started on some of our European neighbors.
On the other hand, we are really grateful for every bit of help, we do. But it's just hard to understand someone's perspective on the gas bill when your friends and families are getting slaughtered. Rant over :)

Buy on AliExpress.com
Jun 16, 2020
Weapons come, but very slowly and so far not nearly enough. To put things in perspective, Germany promised IRIS-T SLM delivered somewhere around Octobe IIRC, but people with inside knowledge told me to ignore it – in the best-case scenario, he said it will be delivered in a year and a half. Worst case, but also probable - not delivered at all. We already see how some big European guys like Macron probing with a "do not humiliate Putin" shit, and it really does not help with morale. Don't get me wrong, no one wants to surrender, we are willing to die, but it is more in line with "are they going to throw us under the bus again? even after all this?". And even don't get me started on some of our European neighbors.
On the other hand, we are really grateful for every bit of help, we do. But it's just hard to understand someone's perspective on the gas bill when your friends and families are getting slaughtered. Rant over :)
Yeah I really understand that sentiment. I understand that the energy problem isn’t fixed over night and that I takes a lot of coordination on a global level, but plain military hardware that’s kept in storage and meanwhile crying over Russia’s aggressiveness is a classless act. They should really do more in that regard.

Kopanja

Jul 30, 2015
Yeah I really understand that sentiment. I understand that the energy problem isn’t fixed over night and that I takes a lot of coordination on a global level, but plain military hardware that’s kept in storage and meanwhile crying over Russia’s aggressiveness is a classless act. They should really do more in that regard.
Don't get me started about the bolded part too. Since 2013 we've tried to warn some about getting hooked on cheap Russian gas, that they will use it as leverage, and it's us who would have to pick up a tab. And in response, we've got patronized each and every time.

Ali

Conditioned
Contributor
Jul 15, 2002
If nothing completely out of the left field happens I don’t see how major momentum shift possible that quickly. We are at attrition point now. We don’t nearly have enough weapons yet.
Good to hear you are doing ok. You are all amazing and hopefully the Russians lose morale quickly while you replenish and get better weapons. Rooting for you.

Kopanja

Jul 30, 2015
One last thing, for all my european friends here. I know that colonal Jessup in "Few good men" is not supposed to be a hero. But he was correct about one thing – there are walls in this world, and these walls have to be guarded. Believe me, you want us on these walls, you need us there. Not because you can't do it yourself, I am sure you do. But I am also pretty sure, you don't want to stay on these walls, at least I'd prefer someone else to do it, but it's us who have to. Please, pressure your representatives to send us weapons, because if we fail, I am afraid, the world might enter turmoil that will blow your houses down like in three little piggies. Sorry about the rant, didn't have a drink for a while. Love you all, except some cocksuckers ;)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 6, Guests: 70)