Russia - Ukraine Conflict 2022 (32 Viewers)

s4tch

Mar 23, 2015
Yeah, just remembered you posted a "theory" a while back about hungary and poland annexing parts of Ukraine in agreement with russia. Thought it was intresting Ukraine are suggesting that.

For the Oil and Gas part, feel free to eleborate, its always intersting. I'll just say that personally I dont hold it against smaller countries who are dependent on russian energy. Im a realist, no country will sink its own enconomy on moral grounds while bigger ones lacked the foresight to reduce global dependency for decades now and some who can afford it wont even pay the full price themselves.
yeah, that theory was published by a former polish minister and never got any traction. it might or might not have any truth to it, i don't know. the point is that hungary - while orbán clearly being a putin lapdog - always voted in sync with its eu/nato membership, we just won't shoot ourselves in the foot. we have zero options besides russian gas, literally zero.

the gas/energy issue is much more complex, i'll try to explain it in the general politics thread later, i'll just say that in my view the bottom line is orbán counting the votes and not willing to lose its domestic voting base. it's more about internal politics and economy than russia/ukraine itself, and that's why we're trying to picture ourselves as the switzerland of central europe, the bastion of neutrality lol. and of course the ukrainians, who had plenty of conflicts on the rights of the hungarian minority in ukraine with orbán's system way, way before the war, are milking that situation just to put some dirt on hungary. this "hungary would pick their gas bill over ukrainian lives" has been going on since the start of the war, and while it has some truth to it, as you just wrote, they can't expect us to sink our economy just to sanction russia. hungary is a small player in this game anyway.

also on the gas/petrol sanctions, eu might give some exceptions to countries that are overly dependent on russian gas. so we might end up voting for the sanctions, but still not forced to apply them before a given date. we'll see.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Juventino[RUS]

Mar 9, 2006

This axiom, understandable for Ukrainians, was confirmed again by the captured invader. The 22-year-old wounded occupier, like many of his colleagues, was abandoned by their commanders in the battle near Rubizhne in Luhansk region. He was left to die by his own comrades... However, the soldier was lucky - he survived, and did not go back to his family in a black plastic bag. The SSU is conducting appropriate investigative actions with the Russian occupier. He will be responsible for everything he did!

X Æ A-12

Contributor
Sep 4, 2006

This axiom, understandable for Ukrainians, was confirmed again by the captured invader. The 22-year-old wounded occupier, like many of his colleagues, was abandoned by their commanders in the battle near Rubizhne in Luhansk region. He was left to die by his own comrades... However, the soldier was lucky - he survived, and did not go back to his family in a black plastic bag. The SSU is conducting appropriate investigative actions with the Russian occupier. He will be responsible for everything he did!
Isn't he a POW?

Juventino[RUS]

Mar 9, 2006

- - - Updated - - -

Now you can see what they were doing to russians for 20 years

- - - Updated - - -

Wtf! Which idiot thought leaking this was a good idea?
Several American media at once (
@NBCInvestigates
@nytimes
@washingtonpost
), citing their sources, report that the United States helped Ukraine identify the cruiser Moskva and handed over its coordinates, after which the Ukrainians sank it

Elvin

Nov 25, 2005
there surely is a rise in anti-Russian sentiment right now (even on this forum probably), but I think it's way more similar to a rise in anti-kraut sentiment during ww2 than anti-semitism :D
I personally always knew that Russia is a fucked up state. Individually they are normal people of course, but there is something terribly wrong with their mentality when it comes to geopolitics.
I blame negative natural selection -- most of their good, brave and intelligent genes have been wiped out through centuries of purges and wars.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 26)