Russia - Ukraine Conflict 2022 (21 Viewers)

X Æ A-12

Contributor
Sep 4, 2006
Leaking this kind of direct collaboration is dangerous IMO.
More dangerous than what? The the public retoric which itself has been incredibly hawkish?

Joe Biden himself said the only ending here is regime change. A number of other US govt officials have floated vague statements about no fly zones or even boots on the ground in ukraine

Ronn

#TeamPestoFlies
May 3, 2012
More dangerous than what? The the public retoric which itself has been incredibly hawkish?

Joe Biden himself said the only ending here is regime change. A number of other US govt officials have floated vague statements about no fly zones or even boots on the ground in ukraine
Hawkish talk is just talk. This is real involvement.

Ronn

#TeamPestoFlies
May 3, 2012
Maybe from the press but I don't think any talk from govt officials in this situation, in which we've cut off direct communication with the Russians, is "just talk" anymore
I can ask for many things (including regime change) there’s a difference in actively getting involved and just asking for something. That’s what I meant.

X Æ A-12

Contributor
Sep 4, 2006
The only danger would be Russia using nuclear weapons. If you think that is a distinct possibility then these leaks are dangerous, yes, but Russia won’t be starting a conventional war with NATO.
course not. Russia can barely even handle a Ukraine (with Western intelligence and anti tank weaponry) via conventional war

So...the only weapon in conflict with the west is nuclear.

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
course not. Russia can barely even handle a Ukraine (with Western intelligence and anti tank weaponry) via conventional war

So...the only weapon in conflict with the west is nuclear.
So that’s what I mean, unless they are willing to escalate to a nuclear level, there’s nothing they can do about the US providing this sort of intel to Ukraine.

And if they are willing to take this nuclear, it was probably just a matter of time anyways, unfortunately.

Ronn

#TeamPestoFlies
May 3, 2012
Arms and intel is also real involvement. Don't really see what this changes.
Intel is involvement of course. That's where the whole convo started.
Disagree with arms sale.

- - - Updated - - -

The only danger would be Russia using nuclear weapons. If you think that is a distinct possibility then these leaks are dangerous, yes, but Russia won’t be starting a conventional war with NATO.
That is indeed the nightmare scenario.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 17)