Rodrigo Bentancur (22 Viewers)

Suns

Release clause?
May 22, 2009
He would probably get us around 50m and we should sell. Bentancur is nice to have if you have 1-2 other top quality midfielders next to him but since we need to actually bring in those quality midfielders first Benta needs to be sacrificed.

Gian

COME HOME MOGGI
Apr 12, 2009
I can't imagine any side paying 50M for Rodrigo friggin Bentancur. I'd sell without hesitating for a fee around that

To offer some perspective the likes of Fabinho, Naby Keita, N'dombele and Rodri were sold pre-Covid for just slightly more and were the among the best CM's in their respective leagues at the time. Bentancur is even't a top 5 CM in Serie A. He doesn't represent a price tag above 30M at all.

DanielSz

Sep 6, 2014
I can't imagine any side paying 50M for Rodrigo friggin Bentancur. I'd sell without hesitating for a fee around that

To offer some perspective the likes of Fabinho, Naby Keita, N'dombele and Rodri were sold pre-Covid for just slightly more and were the among the best CM's in their respective leagues at the time. Bentancur is even't a top 5 CM in Serie A. He doesn't represent a price tag above 30M at all.
if someone offers 30m for benta tici should be tripping over himself to sign the papers.

Elvin

Nov 25, 2005
What I don't understand is there are people in this forum still want to keep this guy for a bench warmer. If you need such a player, go find someone else.
I'm one of those, he's on low wages, not injury prone and with decent stamina. Could be a useful squad player but never a starter. The days of Tacchinardis are far gone sadly, we have to settle for Bentancurs as utility MFs.

Adrian

Jan 31, 2003
What I don't understand is there are people in this forum still want to keep this guy for a bench warmer. If you need such a player, go find someone else.
In a perfect world we would have the money time and resources to completely revamp this squad and get what we need as preferred starters and as preferred back up for rotation. But we don't have the money, resources nor the fucking time in the summer to make 20 deals come to fruition.

So bentancur as preferred back up isn't a bad solution. As long as pirlo doesn't use him as the holding midfielder then he isnt a bad option in the squad.

We are not going to get 50m for him...we would be lucky to get 30m...after the share goes to Boca that is 15m...that 15m would get us no better quality than bantencur.

By the way...maybe pirlo should be taking some blame to the awful performances across our midfield group. Under sarri bentancur wasn't this bad.

juventus4life

Apr 21, 2012
In a perfect world we would have the money time and resources to completely revamp this squad and get what we need as preferred starters and as preferred back up for rotation. But we don't have the money, resources nor the fucking time in the summer to make 20 deals come to fruition.

So bentancur as preferred back up isn't a bad solution. As long as pirlo doesn't use him as the holding midfielder then he isnt a bad option in the squad.

We are not going to get 50m for him...we would be lucky to get 30m...after the share goes to Boca that is 15m...that 15m would get us no better quality than bantencur.

By the way...maybe pirlo should be taking some blame to the awful performances across our midfield group. Under sarri bentancur wasn't this bad.
For the most obvious player who needs to go besides Berna, there's still this way of thinking. How about integrating Fagioli? How about this: even the guy doesn't play in front of the defense, his fuckups don't magically disappear: he still gets silly cards. Can't contribute in attacks effectively with his frequent backpasses. Can't contribute in defense effectively with his jogging. His shooting sucks.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 19)