Rodrigo Bentancur (12 Viewers)

Suns

Release clause?
May 22, 2009
I can't imagine any side paying 50M for Rodrigo friggin Bentancur. I'd sell without hesitating for a fee around that

To offer some perspective the likes of Fabinho, Naby Keita, N'dombele and Rodri were sold pre-Covid for just slightly more and were the among the best CM's in their respective leagues at the time. Bentancur is even't a top 5 CM in Serie A. He doesn't represent a price tag above 30M at all.
Barca, Real and many other teams have been interested. Bentancur has value and is only 23. All of those you just mentioned are not better than Benta and don't have half of his CV at that age. Benta has been a regular for us for 3 years now and has won a lot. Let's stop exaggerating how bad some of our players are as usual. I'd only sell him to invest in the midfield.

Buy on AliExpress.com

X Æ A-12

Contributor
Sep 4, 2006
I'm curious, does he still have the 50% clause? I recall rumors in the summer that we would pay our way out of the clause in installments to boca.

Did that ever happen?

Brny44

Aug 24, 2020
His world class passes are saving our season. What a waste... I think boca juniors management is crying. They'll get 50% of his next transfer. Soo probably 0

DanielSz

Sep 6, 2014
Playing him at regista isn’t utilizing his skillset. He’s good at tracking back and recovering the ball, and his passing would look a lot better if it wasn’t his responsibility to set the tempo of the entire squad. Him and Rabiot are redundant though, so sell at least one of them, preferably Rabiot because of his wages.

Nedved96

Sep 1, 2017
For the most obvious player who needs to go besides Berna, there's still this way of thinking. How about integrating Fagioli? How about this: even the guy doesn't play in front of the defense, his fuckups don't magically disappear: he still gets silly cards. Can't contribute in attacks effectively with his frequent backpasses. Can't contribute in defense effectively with his jogging. His shooting sucks.
His jogging is the most baffling part. The reason why he was decent last season was mainly because of his workrate, but now that’s gone too.

JuelzSantana

Sep 28, 2017
You could see that he played scared. Clearly the criticism has gotten to him.

Doesn't seem like a player who will quickly play himself out of a slump either. Before he makes another mistake and it goes further south, Pirlo should sit him a few games and let him recover mentally first and foremost.

pavluska

Apr 25, 2013
Confidence is shot atm. Generally a good passer sans the dangerous giveaways but struggling with simple passes now. Pretty much all his attempts of switching the ball were inaccurate in last two games.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 11)