Rodrigo Bentancur (10 Viewers)

kao_ray

Feb 28, 2014
I'd rather keep him than Rabiot or Ramsey. None of them have the consistency that is required to succeed at a club like Juve so I'd rather keep the less expensive one.
I fully disagree. Rabiot is miles ahead of Bentancur. Yesterday he was our best mid. Not that it says much though. I wouldn't mind having Rabiot as a rotational player. I wouldn't mind selling him too.

Xperd

Allegrophobic Infidel
Jun 1, 2012
I fully disagree. Rabiot is miles ahead of Bentancur. Yesterday he was our best mid. Not that it says much though. I wouldn't mind having Rabiot as a rotational player. I wouldn't mind selling him too.
Having a player for rotation on €7M net is too expensive for us. Rabiot is the first one that needs to be shipped if a good offer arrives.

Jun 27, 2011
After the Napoli game, I angrily turned to my brother and said Bentancur would cost us the qualification with something stupid. Didn't expect him to do it after 40 seconds or so into the tie. He does something like this every game.

LiquidPLP

Jun 9, 2012
Having a player for rotation on €7M net is too expensive for us. Rabiot is the first one that needs to be shipped if a good offer arrives.
On one had you're correct, on the other there's no such thing as 'starter' here. Every season we have so many injuries that force rotation/bench options to start crucial games.

Bottom line probably is that both Rabiot and Bentancur are too often hot and cold. Neither is capable of stringing a couple of stable performances.
Ramsey is even worse, he's literally never there in the first place.

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
I'd sell Rabiot, Bentancur and Ramsey with no hesitation if we got decent offers. Ramsey is what he is, he's a good and useful player who is often injured, and we knew that when we signed him to his big contract.

Sign a Locatelli and a Aouar level / type of player and have some faith in Fagioli and Ranocchia to come through and fight for places. I know people would rather sign a third player for big money but the economic situation is difficult, especially if Dybala goes for nothing. We have two good CM prospects now which we didn't have when we signed Rabiot.

Robee

Jun 21, 2011
I'd rather keep him than Rabiot or Ramsey. None of them have the consistency that is required to succeed at a club like Juve so I'd rather keep the less expensive one.

He looked very promising last season. Kept things simple maybe because he had Pjanić to run the midfield. When he's given the responsibility to do the same, he fails. His best games this season has been with Arthur runnjng the midfield for us. As i said, he's a good complmentary player who can probably elevate his game if paired with top midfielders.
Price is an issue but Rabiot is definitely a step above him when actually paired with a half decent regista. With that said; both of them and Ramsey need to go. Arthur, McKennie and some new guns please.

s4tch

Mar 23, 2015
Ok, sell Rabiot, but stop entertaining the idea of keeping Bantancur. He is a liability that offers a free yellow card per game. He needs to leave ASAP
failed back passes are a serious issue. he's questioned because of those.

yellow cards for a rotation player? i don't mind if he sits out 2-3 matches per seasons, as he'd be rotated anyway. i'd be happy to keep him if he could play with the same drive and physical presence he showed before the covid break last season, and occasional or even regular yellows would be a non issue for me. those idiotic passes though... those should not be tolerated.

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
I wouldn’t even be the slightest surprised if the announcement came tomorrow that he’s been given a new 5 year contract with a hefty pay raise:lol:

- - - Updated - - -

I would pay to get rid of this bum, let alone losing a few %.
We have a habit of approving pay bump requests to inconsistent players.

- - - Updated - - -

To think we gave up Tevez for this guy :lol:

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
We have a habit of approving pay bump requests to inconsistent players.

- - - Updated - - -

To think we gave up Tevez for this guy :lol:
Tevez wanted to go back home, it's his choice. To think we accepted Boca's offer is the big joke. But as @Dru said, we still have Davala in the deal so it might not be that bad afterall.

kao_ray

Feb 28, 2014
failed back passes are a serious issue. he's questioned because of those.

yellow cards for a rotation player? i don't mind if he sits out 2-3 matches per seasons, as he'd be rotated anyway. i'd be happy to keep him if he could play with the same drive and physical presence he showed before the covid break last season, and occasional or even regular yellows would be a non issue for me. those idiotic passes though... those should not be tolerated.
The sweet old times of the pre Covid world when our mid was the pinnacle of the world with Bentancur in it. Ben was always underwhelming. We should cut our losses and move on.

InterMerda

Feb 9, 2016
He's always been total ass. He never had that something special. There are billions of Bentancurs out there. I don't want Juve to sell him tho, I want him to rot on the bench until his contract expires. I don't want Boca to grab a penny from a sale.

Quetzalcoatl

It ain't hard to tell
Aug 22, 2007
I'd sell Rabiot, Bentancur and Ramsey with no hesitation if we got decent offers. Ramsey is what he is, he's a good and useful player who is often injured, and we knew that when we signed him to his big contract.

Sign a Locatelli and a Aouar level / type of player and have some faith in Fagioli and Ranocchia to come through and fight for places. I know people would rather sign a third player for big money but the economic situation is difficult, especially if Dybala goes for nothing. We have two good CM prospects now which we didn't have when we signed Rabiot.
I like Locatelli and Aouar, but I'm worried because they're not proven enough (less so Aouar). I can't stand another season without a midfield of consistent quality and I wish we could avoid (expensive) gambles on unproven players. Proven players will cost more but the risk is less, though I don't know if that's out of reach for us.

It'd be annoying to see us settling for less again in midfield again while spending the rest of our budget on more McKennies, Kulusevskis and Rovellas (probably good signings for the future but won't make the impact we need now).

More than talent alone what we're lacking in midfield is personality. Aouar and Locatelli seem like they would be nice finishing pieces to complement an incomplete midfield but I don't know if they can be the leaders we need. Who can be that player, I don't know. But we have to get it right this time.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 10)