Which players would you sell this summer (2021)? (3 Viewers)

Players to get rid of:

• Total voters

Quetzalcoatl

It ain't hard to tell
Aug 22, 2007
Buffon
Bonucci
Chiellini
Danilo
Frabotta (or Sandro)
Bentancur
Rabiot
Ramsey
Bernadeschi
Ronaldo
Dybala

PS. If someone's on that list it doesn't necessarily mean they've been poor this season. And if someone isn't there doesn't mean they've been good

Strickland

May 17, 2019
Buffon
Bonucci
Chiellini
Danilo
Frabotta (or Sandro)
Bentancur
Rabiot
Ramsey
Bernadeschi
Ronaldo
Dybala

PS. If someone's on that list it doesn't necessarily mean they've been poor this season. And if someone isn't there doesn't mean they've been good
Buffon, Chiellini (both old), Bonucci, Ronaldo, Ramsey (oldish, extra high wages) go for free or close to it. Danilo and Sandro (both oldish, high wages) go for peanuts. We probably got the cash to replace a couple of these guys, but we definitely don't have enough to let all of them go and fill out the roster with quality, we'd look like post-scudetto Milan before 10 years when all their WC oldies retired and they bought cheap clowns to replace them.

I see the sense in selling Berna, Benta, Frabotta or Rabiot as they'd actually bring in some cash and Dybala we could and should probably exchange for a useful forward or mid.

Quetzalcoatl

It ain't hard to tell
Aug 22, 2007
Buffon, Chiellini (both old), Bonucci, Ronaldo, Ramsey (oldish, extra high wages) go for free or close to it. Danilo (oldish, high wages) and Frabotta (mediocre) / Sandro (oldish, high wages) go for peanuts. We probably got the cash to replace a couple of these guys, but we definitely don't have enough to let all of them go and fill out the roster with quality, we'd look like post-scudetto Milan before 10 years when all their WC oldies retired and they bought cheap clowns to replace them.

I see the sense in selling Berna, Benta or Rabiot as they'd actually bring in some cash and Dybala we could and should probably exchange for a useful forward or mid.
It's not really about how much we can get for these players, very few of our players have decent market value except the ones we actually want to keep. And I'm aware we can't replace 11 players. This is just fantasy. But the more of them that leave, the better.

Buffon and Chiellini are two of my favourite players of all time along with Del Piero, but we need to move on from them. It would be nice if Chiellini accepted a role as the 4th or 5th CB but as long as he's here managers will be tempted to rely on him over younger players. Buffon is a good backup keeper but as you can see, we keep using him a lot more than we normally would use a second keeper and that's because of his stature and reputation. He's not good enough to play that often, sad to say.

Bonucci, I know... he's not going anywhere until 2025. Just a dream.

Danilo has been great but unless we plan to continue with Pirlo and his hybrid defence I don't know if there will be a place for him next season. He is not a CB and hasn't been good as a fullback either. But yeah, it'd be difficult to find a buyer for him anyway.

Sandro is in steady decline and Frabotta isn't good enough, but it'd be tough to sell both and find two new LBs. But we need someone better there. Whoever has to make way, I don't care. Though I expect us to neglect that department again.

I'm hoping some desperate BPL team comes in for Ramsey.

Ronaldo obviously has been great individually but I can't help but feel we can get more using his wages on two or three players. Not sure we're getting great returns on him anymore.

Strickland

May 17, 2019
It's not really about how much we can get for these players, very few of our players have decent market value except the ones we actually want to keep. And I'm aware we can't replace 11 players. This is just fantasy. But the more of them that leave, the better.

Buffon and Chiellini are two of my favourite players of all time along with Del Piero, but we need to move on from them. It would be nice if Chiellini accepted a role as the 4th or 5th CB but as long as he's here managers will be tempted to rely on him over younger players. Buffon is a good backup keeper but as you can see, we keep using him a lot more than we normally would use a second keeper and that's because of his stature and reputation. He's not good enough to play that often, sad to say.

Bonucci, I know... he's not going anywhere until 2025. Just a dream.

Danilo has been great but unless we plan to continue with Pirlo and his hybrid defence I don't know if there will be a place for him next season. He is not a CB and hasn't been good as a fullback either. But yeah, it'd be difficult to find a buyer for him anyway.

Sandro is in steady decline and Frabotta isn't good enough, but it'd be tough to sell both and find two new LBs. But we need someone better there. Whoever has to make way, I don't care. Though I expect us to neglect that department again.

I'm hoping some desperate BPL team comes in for Ramsey.

Ronaldo obviously has been great individually but I can't help but feel we can get more using his wages on two or three players. Not sure we're getting great returns on him anymore.
I agree on everything long-term, but it can't be done in one window. This summer from the ones you mentioned I'd start by offloading Ramsey and upgrading the left side. Chiellini and Buffon depends on what they want to do, economically they're perfect, cheap backups, I'd be happy if they stayed, to play or not to play them depends on the coach.

Lion

King of Tuz
Jan 24, 2007
you guys talk lots about ramsey and bentancur and rabiot.

here is the actual other problem:

douglas costa contract till 2022
berna contract till 2022
de sciglio till 2022
rugani till 2023

these are players earning wages and they are dead weights to the team. don't expect any additional signings beside one midfielder while they are on wage list, even if bentancur or ramsey is sold.

we need to stop giving players 5 year contracts. if we did 4 years instead then berna, costa, de sciglio would be off the wage bill

Mokku

Apr 17, 2019
The books need balancing and some are on high wages so selling Costa and Ramsey will be hard. Rabiot would go to EPL, Dybala has sale value so I'm for sacrifices like Dybala for Pogba but not Dybala for Locatelli alone, it has to make sense overall.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)