Which players would you sell this summer (2021)? (7 Viewers)

Players to get rid of:

• Total voters

Strickland

May 17, 2019
This thread is predicated on the premise of Paratici's ability to sell lol
What'd be your selling point for Berna though? :D Since joining Juventus he's gotten worse and worse, atm can't do the basic things right, his goals and assists have dried up to numbers that you'd expect from a CB and he earns 4m per season. I honestly have no idea who'd take him, maybe it'd be a good idea to pitch him to Sousa's team, who coached him at Fiorentina, but even that fucker is managing fucking Poland NT :( If we do get rid of him, it's a loan, maybe with an option and maybe we don't have to cover part of his wages.

Next popular option Ramsey as well has to be given away for free and even that'd be a challenge to find someone mad enough to pay him 7m a season. Last season he started 14 games and played the full 90 in exactly 1 game. This season he's doing a bit better - 15 starts, but again he managed to finish the game only on 3 occasions. And it's not like he's setting the world on fire when he gets to the pitch. 7m net in most countries costs the team 12-14m a season, that's quite the cost for the 12-14 games a season he's going to play lol.

Buy on AliExpress.com

.zero

★ ★ ★
Aug 8, 2006
Tbh that is his problem. Not yours, mine, or anyone else.

I'm not claiming that his job is easy or that I could do better, nor has recent events (e.g. COVID) made his job any easier. However, we went from the joke of being known as a selling club to a joke of not being able move bad contracts.

Bottom line that I believe most agree on is that he needs to continue his squad renovation from last summer. But this time he has players he can potentially flip compared to Higuaín and Blaise who probably had to zero NPV book values with years remaining on their deals.

LiquidPLP

Jun 9, 2012
Yeah it's tuz turning into fif/redcafe now. It's (almost) the worst time to have a thread like this. Only creating it after the reverse leg would be worse :D

There's a big list of players outside the club right now that needs to be dealt with: DC, Rugani, Pjaca, Perin and MDS. You combine their wages and you get ~17m net, just in wages! Sure, we don't cover most of these wages at the moment but those players will come back and you need to find a solution for them. Some of them still have some market value, even if insignificant.

Then, selling players from the actual squad needs to be done with consideration of possible replacements. For example I'd strongly bet on comeback for both Aouar and Locatelli (been mentioning these two for months now) and getting those two allows to release Ramsey + Bentancur/Rabiot (easier said than done tho).
Berna is so useless that I'd sell him without any considerations. Boga still hasn't renewed his contract with Sass, he could be an interesting player to have.
I guess Dybala will be offloaded. He's still in the game for redemption but I fail to see how the club can extend his contract. With one year of the contract left, I won't be surprised to see him go for 50m to PSG/Barca.

Not sure what the club thinks of Ronaldo but I think he will stay, he's impossible to sell anyway and a replacement would be too expensive to deal with in post-covid period.

Bianconero81

Ageing Veteran
Jan 26, 2009
So now we are redcafe... we are really declining fast
The team is declining fast, so this thread was inevitable.

I'd sell anyone and everyone, as long as we get good value for them.

The likes of Turdeski, Frabotta, Portanova and all the other Jabroni Pezevenkis are no brainers for me. Not good enough for Juventus, not even as bench players. I'd sell every single one of our kids, except McNuggets and maybe Arthur (give him one more season). I'd keep Dybala unless there's an insane offer or an exchange deal that's too good to turn down. However, if we're selling Dybala to find Locatelli and Jabroni number 7, then no thanks.

If we can move Ronaldo's contract, I'd do it without hesitation. We've regressed as a team since he's been here, he's not getting any younger, and we're not competing (let alone winning) the CL with him here, so maybe it's time to do things differently.

I'd also get rid of Tootsie, Bozo and Pirlo.

OP
s4tch

s4tch

Mar 23, 2015
  • Thread Starter #49
    Yeah it's tuz turning into fif/redcafe now. It's (almost) the worst time to have a thread like this.
    it's just some harmless fun and part of the discussion. the same question is always discussed in the mercato threads anyway. as far as i'm concerned, it can be closed, these ~50 votes already give us an idea on tuz's current collective opinion. not many surprises here, berna is an easy candidate for the top spot any day of the year, bonbon is public enemy number 2 usually, rest of the top5 was more or less predictable after yesterday's shitshow. it would have been quite a bit different after our 6 match winning streak.

i'm a bit surprised that danilo got more than 1 vote, he's a solid squad player at least, and that @DanielSz didn't pick cuadrado :p

Bianconero81

Ageing Veteran
    Jan 26, 2009
    Dybala on 38%

Thoughts?
    Too many ungrateful peasants on Tuz? :boh:

I get it - he's a divisive figure. I like players that excite the imagination and can make something happen. That's why I'd always choose Dybala ahead of Ronaldo, but to each his own. Having said that, I'd also consider selling him, but it has to be for a very good offer (80+) or some real quality players (not just one) coming to us in exchange. Knowing Tootsie and Bozo, I'd rather keep Dybala, because I wouldn't trust either of them to tie my shoelaces.

DAiDEViL

Feb 21, 2015
    Too many ungrateful peasants on Tuz? :boh:

I get it - he's a divisive figure. I like players that excite the imagination and can make something happen. That's why I'd always choose Dybala ahead of Ronaldo, but to each his own. Having said that, I'd also consider selling him, but it has to be for a very good offer (80+) or some real quality players (not just one) coming to us in exchange. Knowing Tootsie and Bozo, I'd rather keep Dybala, because I wouldn't trust either of them to tie my shoelaces.
    Damn.

Thoughts? @Arcticdaly

Adrian

Jan 31, 2003
    By far the hardest market in a long time. The players returning from loan will take up most of their time in terms of sorting them out. Then we have a handful of shit in the current squad that no clubs are going to be interested in.

Then we have players who can generate cash to actually help fix other areas like the midfield.

If I was running the club I would be putting in a few more guys to make all this happen. Unless the transfer market is extended for an additional 6 months..how can all the changes be made?

DanielSz

Sep 6, 2014
    it's just some harmless fun and part of the discussion. the same question is always discussed in the mercato threads anyway. as far as i'm concerned, it can be closed, these ~50 votes already give us an idea on tuz's current collective opinion. not many surprises here, berna is an easy candidate for the top spot any day of the year, bonbon is public enemy number 2 usually, rest of the top5 was more or less predictable after yesterday's shitshow. it would have been quite a bit different after our 6 match winning streak.

i'm a bit surprised that danilo got more than 1 vote, he's a solid squad player at least, and that @DanielSz didn't pick cuadrado :p
    thats because I never said anything about Cuadrado other than I like Chiesa more. I think the worst thing I said about him was that he was average. May have called him a jabroni as well, but I use that word loosely. I definitely don’t hate the guy, and I’m fine with him on the team. Now Ramsey on the other hand...

Lion

King of Tuz
    Jan 24, 2007
    By far the hardest market in a long time. The players returning from loan will take up most of their time in terms of sorting them out. Then we have a handful of shit in the current squad that no clubs are going to be interested in.

Then we have players who can generate cash to actually help fix other areas like the midfield.

If I was running the club I would be putting in a few more guys to make all this happen. Unless the transfer market is extended for an additional 6 months..how can all the changes be made?
    you know, looking at the liverpool and manu rcently i want to use them as examples. not that we are exactly same situation, but in terms of what was missing.

liverpool had chance to make a good team together, but were missing the final leadership and organization that a great cb brings. once van djik came in their team was a monster team to face.

manu was missing a midfielder to make all pieces tick. they get bruno and he's been incredible for them.

for us, i feel like getting a really good quality midfielder. someone who sits deep and allows others are ound him to push forward would make this team a lot better. there is still issues of consistency, but 1 player can make a big difference in how a team plays. imagine in this team instead of bentancur being ball distributor u had marchisio or pirlo. team would immediatley play better.

so imo, while your points are very valid, getting one quality midfielder could improve team vastly.

Adrian

Jan 31, 2003
    you know, looking at the liverpool and manu rcently i want to use them as examples. not that we are exactly same situation, but in terms of what was missing.

liverpool had chance to make a good team together, but were missing the final leadership and organization that a great cb brings. once van djik came in their team was a monster team to face.

manu was missing a midfielder to make all pieces tick. they get bruno and he's been incredible for them.

for us, i feel like getting a really good quality midfielder. someone who sits deep and allows others are ound him to push forward would make this team a lot better. there is still issues of consistency, but 1 player can make a big difference in how a team plays. imagine in this team instead of bentancur being ball distributor u had marchisio or pirlo. team would immediatley play better.

so imo, while your points are very valid, getting one quality midfielder could improve team vastly.
    For sure...that regista is key for us and who knows whether Arthur can make it his own. But yes we have focused on big signings over the years...ronaldo for the front line...MDL for defense....surely after so many years of not nailing a top notch midfielder this summer may be it.

Only question I have is whether their is a world class regista type available? Locatelli isn't world class.

Bianconero81

Ageing Veteran
    Jan 26, 2009
    Thanks for the early birthday wishes, but I don't turn 40 until the 26th :p

Riddle me this:

Were results better before Ronaldo arrived?

Were performances better before Ronaldo's acquisition?

Were we better as a team before Ronaldo was purchased?

The emphatic response to all the above question is YES!

Now, I am not blaming Ronaldo, but it can't all be pure coincidence. Yes, we've had a couple of coaching changes and our mid has become progressively worse, but we've regressed, in spite of having Ronaldo on our team.

CrimsonianKing

The end of Jihadism
    Jan 16, 2013
    Thanks for the early birthday wishes, but I don't turn 40 until the 26th :p

Riddle me this:

Were results better before Ronaldo arrived?

Were performances better before Ronaldo's acquisition?

Were we better as a team before Ronaldo was purchased?

The emphatic response to all the above question is YES!

Now, I am not blaming Ronaldo, but it can't all be pure coincidence. Yes, we've had a couple of coaching changes and our mid has become progressively worse, but we've regressed, in spite of having Ronaldo on our team.
    Those issues are beyond having Ronaldo or not. I believe we’d be in an even worse position had we not bought him when we did. There’s really nobody as talented to rise to the occasion like the countless times he did.

Now, even though I don’t agree I think there’s the possibility your theory holds water. The Ronaldo we got is clearly not the skilled Ronaldo of his younger days, and the problem with mainly relying on what this Ronaldo can do is exactly that, he isn’t that player anymore. He’s still determined and still plays the part of someone who wants to win but not having other players of that caliber (not exactly a peak Ronaldo as it’s impossible but you know what I mean) is what’s really hurting us. Having real talent instead of a bunch of bums who can’t create if their lives depended on it.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 7)