Rodrigo Bentancur (33 Viewers)

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
I'm probably one of the few who didn't vote to dump his ass. :lol:

There's room for a utility player. Our financial situation cannot handle too much coming in for a lot more. So yeah, he had a complete brain fart yesterday. But that can happen. But he's no Felipe Melo.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Alin

FINO ALLA FINE!
Jul 27, 2015
Needs to get his shit together, mistakes like this always get punished at this level and in his case is not at all a one off situation seeing this happen, he does it every game and sometimes gets away with it but his cheap giveaways hurt us so much that everything else that he might do well gets cancelled out as it most times turns out costing us points/results, i also blame the tactics just as much for putting him in that position in the first place tbf but there's still literally almost no excuse gifting away a goal like that in the first minute.

You can see glimpses of his talent when he bursts forwards after brilliantly recovering/intercepting an important ball but his concentration levels and decision making following that has you literally facepalming yourself, honestly not sure if it's even fixable at this point altough he is still not yet the finished product either.

- - - Updated - - -

I guess he has up untill the end of this season to prove if he is really worth keeping or counting on moving forward, i sure hope he somehow gets his act together and proves everyone wrong but odds are definitely not on his side atm.

Lion

King of Tuz
Jan 24, 2007
agreed. it's unacceptable. and we will get punished for it in CL against super teams like Bayern
After the Napoli game, I angrily turned to my brother and said Bentancur would cost us the qualification with something stupid. Didn't expect him to do it after 40 seconds or so into the tie. He does something like this every game.
wow we both were right.

fuck this guy

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
I like Locatelli and Aouar, but I'm worried because they're not proven enough (less so Aouar). I can't stand another season without a midfield of consistent quality and I wish we could avoid (expensive) gambles on unproven players. Proven players will cost more but the risk is less, though I don't know if that's out of reach for us.

It'd be annoying to see us settling for less again in midfield again while spending the rest of our budget on more McKennies, Kulusevskis and Rovellas (probably good signings for the future but won't make the impact we need now).

More than talent alone what we're lacking in midfield is personality. Aouar and Locatelli seem like they would be nice finishing pieces to complement an incomplete midfield but I don't know if they can be the leaders we need. Who can be that player, I don't know. But we have to get it right this time.
To be clear I'm not a particular fan of Aouar as I've not seen enough of him, I am only mentioning him because he has been strongly linked in the past and has the characteristics that we currently lack - a #8 player with skill and vision who can link midfield and attack. Someone like that is required, our own De Bruyne or Bruno Fernandes. We'll probably move for De Paul, which I wouldn't be totally against.

I am a big fan of Locatelli, I have to admit, and was one of the earlier voices on the forum for his signing. He ticks so many boxes. But any signing isn't without risk. He shows a lot of personality, skill and athleticism playing for Sassuolo and Italy, but Juve is different. I'd say it is a lot easier to play for Mancini's Italy than it is every week for Juve. I'd be hugely surprised if at least one midfielder isn't sold and we don't make him one of our priorities in the market. Maybe we'll go for some foreign prospect instead and he'll go to Inter and dominate with them for years to come. or he'll go to City and look like Tardelli. Nothing would surprise me with Paratici and co...

What I want to see of Bentancur is him being the rotation option, the guy who is not almost guaranteed to start when he is fit, simply because the other options are not great. He needs pressure to fight for his place, and if he still can't cut it then he can go and play for Valencia or something.

s4tch

Mar 23, 2015
Him and Arthur under Pirlo :green:

- - - Updated - - -

You can ruin a player by playing him all over the place all the time. Next season Pirlo should stick him in one role, and to me that role should be regista. Let him make his mistakes and give the ball away in first half of the season (other than that he looks perfectly fit as regista).
wanna rephrase that? :rofl:

Hydde

Minimiliano Tristelli
Mar 6, 2003
Say whatever you want to defend him, but his consistency in making mistakes like yesterday, giving the ball away and getting cards, is too significant to ignore.

If we dont sell now we will regret it

Luca

Apr 22, 2007
To be clear I'm not a particular fan of Aouar as I've not seen enough of him, I am only mentioning him because he has been strongly linked in the past and has the characteristics that we currently lack - a #8 player with skill and vision who can link midfield and attack. Someone like that is required, our own De Bruyne or Bruno Fernandes. We'll probably move for De Paul, which I wouldn't be totally against.

I am a big fan of Locatelli, I have to admit, and was one of the earlier voices on the forum for his signing. He ticks so many boxes. But any signing isn't without risk. He shows a lot of personality, skill and athleticism playing for Sassuolo and Italy, but Juve is different. I'd say it is a lot easier to play for Mancini's Italy than it is every week for Juve. I'd be hugely surprised if at least one midfielder isn't sold and we don't make him one of our priorities in the market. Maybe we'll go for some foreign prospect instead and he'll go to Inter and dominate with them for years to come. or he'll go to City and look like Tardelli. Nothing would surprise me with Paratici and co...

What I want to see of Bentancur is him being the rotation option, the guy who is not almost guaranteed to start when he is fit, simply because the other options are not great. He needs pressure to fight for his place, and if he still can't cut it then he can go and play for Valencia or something.

I was thinking last night whilst watching how we had a sole Italian on field for the majority of the match. I have started to think there’s a lack of understanding between the lines in transition and how that wasn’t really an issue when there was that Italian core.

The Bernardeschi case with Italy is a strange one seeing as Italy suddenly play great football and Juve no longer provide the core. It’s highly unusual, so I wouldn’t read too much into that. Providing that Juventus sort themselves out, I think a player like Locatelli will bring his game to us. But in the meantime, I have to admit it’s highly annoying to see Inter that have thrived on those fronts.

To be honest though, I wouldn’t be surprised if we didn’t manage to offload any of our centre mids. The one that I wouldn’t mind keeping in Rabiot is probably the likeliest one to be sold since the others are just so unattractive in ranging between being overpaid, injury prone and just flimsy.

Bentancur/Rabiot both should be in direct competition for a spot in an ideal world because they’re both beta types of players. They should be foil to the type of class midfielder we miss.

Last edited:

IliveForJuve

Burn this club
Jan 17, 2011
I wish I was there, I would have given him a big slap to the face
I bet your penis isn't big enough to cockslap someone.

- - - Updated - - -

I remember the days when our subs (i.e. Giaccherini) were better than our current starters.

- - - Updated - - -

I'm probably one of the few who didn't vote to dump his ass. :lol:

There's room for a utility player. Our financial situation cannot handle too much coming in for a lot more. So yeah, he had a complete brain fart yesterday. But that can happen. But he's no Felipe Melo.
Yeah, given his low wages, he should ride the bench.

Dispose of the big leeches like Rabiot and Ramsey.

Strickland

May 17, 2019
Exactly, the difference between him and Rabiot is minimal, sometimes Bentancur is on form and sometimes Rabiot is on form, but mostly they're mediocre or sometimes even outright bad, neither consistent enough to be undisputed starter for Juve. But Rabiot is a 25yo on 7m wages and Bentancur a 23yo on 3m wages, Rodrigo is the obvious choice to remain as backup.

DanielSz

Sep 6, 2014
Say whatever you want to defend him, but his consistency in making mistakes like yesterday, giving the ball away and getting cards, is too significant to ignore.

If we dont sell now we will regret it
while I get that he’s been shit, he’s also not a big investment. His wages aren’t great either, so he fits as a backup. Just never play him as a regista and I think he‘d be ok.

Adrian

Jan 31, 2003
Need at least 5 midfielders in the squad who are reliable and not consistently injured. I just dont see bentancur leaving or even rabiot unless they put up their hand should others join in the summer. Would happily take locatelli and aouar. Pogba even better.

Arthur is our biggest issue right now...we really don't know if his body can hold up and give us consistency in that holding role.

One thing is for sure right now no club is going to be jumping to take either bentancur or rabiot in the summer.

Akshen

Aug 27, 2010
he can stay for all I care, just dont play him as the guy who has to make play from the defence - he cant do it and every coach should see it. He averages two clumsy looses each game in this positiom which normally should let the opponent score and only blinded coach wouldnt know it would backfire at least once, we were just lucky before. U dont need analyst team to find it out.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 28)