Rock, in all shapes and sizes (11 Viewers)

Strickland

May 17, 2019
oh my :tuttosport: they'll release an album in june, someone hold me. one of my all time favorite bands, and nuno is still one of the very few original guitar heroes. okay, he's got some evh vibes but who cares :p i'd also love to look as fit as him in my mid 50's

This song doesnt deserve this guitar solo, its absolutely mindblowing. 5/10 song, 10/10 solo

Strickland

May 17, 2019
Just learned that after a long wait Rival Sons are releasing new music this year and its not just one, but two albums, first one due mid year and the 2nd one end of the year. From what they've released so far looks promising as fuck, I especially like "Bird in the hand". Too bad their tour is almost exclusively NA with the only 2 European shows planned in Norway.

Jul 15, 2006
Just learned that after a long wait Rival Sons are releasing new music this year and its not just one, but two albums, first one due mid year and the 2nd one end of the year. From what they've released so far looks promising as fuck, I especially like "Bird in the hand". Too bad their tour is almost exclusively NA with the only 2 European shows planned in Norway.
Never heard of it — got a link?

--

Strickland

May 17, 2019
The 3 tracks Ive heard from the new Foo's album have been surprisingly good. Simple and raw songwriting, might be their best since Wasting Light. I always found funny how they have 3 guys playing electric guitars, when some songs dont need more than 1 and hardly any songs need more than 2 :D

s4tch

Mar 23, 2015
@Strickland gotta appreciate these interviews. nuno is one of my guitar idols obviously, but even if you don't play, just are interested in music, it's fascinating. i'm at 18 minutes, i need to take a leak for at least 10 minutes and can't stop watching. his passion is addictive. he must be one of the coolest people in rock.

Strickland

May 17, 2019
@Strickland gotta appreciate these interviews. nuno is one of my guitar idols obviously, but even if you don't play, just are interested in music, it's fascinating. i'm at 18 minutes, i need to take a leak for at least 10 minutes and can't stop watching. his passion is addictive. he must be one of the coolest people in rock.

Ive played the acoustic for about 15 years now and at a rather okayish level for the last 2-3 years, but never bought an electric. Thanks for the link, looks super interesting, Nuno is a character and one of the modern era guitar heros.

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
Saw Foo Fighters at Boston Calling a few weeks ago. Phenomenal show, but very emotional. Violet sang backup on Rope and Shame Shame. Taylor's son came out for This is a Call. Josh is terrific.

The new album is brilliant. Their best in 25 years. It took the death of his mom and Taylor to channel this, but its a heartbreaking yet hopeful work at the same time. The Teacher is possibly the best rock song I've heard in a decade.

- - - Updated - - -

Nuno is a guitar god.

My wife and I are going to see them at their homecoming in Boston in August

- - - Updated - - -

And before anyone has a good laugh, I strongly recommend Justin Hawkins' YouTube channel. He really knows his music

GordoDeCentral

Diez
Apr 14, 2005
Saw Foo Fighters at Boston Calling a few weeks ago. Phenomenal show, but very emotional. Violet sang backup on Rope and Shame Shame. Taylor's son came out for This is a Call. Josh is terrific.

The new album is brilliant. Their best in 25 years. It took the death of his mom and Taylor to channel this, but its a heartbreaking yet hopeful work at the same time. The Teacher is possibly the best rock song I've heard in a decade.

- - - Updated - - -

Nuno is a guitar god.

- - - Updated - - -

And before anyone has a good laugh, I strongly recommend Justin Hawkins' YouTube channel. He really knows his music
Good to hear from you pardner

s4tch

Mar 23, 2015
Nuno is a guitar god.

he certainly is. glad that their tour isn't out of reach for you. their european tour though, man, i really hoped for a budapest gig, and the closest venues are a flight away (paris, berlin, amsterdam, milano). we'll see.

Strickland

May 17, 2019

- - - Updated - - -

Nuno is a guitar god.

- - - Updated - - -

Id say its the best in 12 years since Wasting Light, which was a great fucking record, but this is a really good too.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 11)