Rock, in all shapes and sizes (100 Viewers)

OP
CrimsonianKing

CrimsonianKing

U can't expect an Inexperienced team like Juventus
Jan 16, 2013
  • Thread Starter #1,123
    Got tickets to see Amyl and The Sniffers next week. haven’t been to a proper punk show since my teen days when I rocked a 10” tall Mohawk :touched:

Wifey has no idea what’s in store for her when the mosh pit gets going.

@s4tch are you familiar with them?

OP
    CrimsonianKing

CrimsonianKing

Jan 16, 2013
  • Thread Starter #1,125
    I will be seeing them in July. Them and The Hives are opening up for Foo Fighters
    That’s a nice lineup. I’m sure it will be great! I’m reading Dave Grohl’s new book (which is fantastic btw if you haven’t read yet) so I’ve been meaning to see them next time they come down here. Love the new album too.

Regarding Amyl can't remember who first told me about them but I remember hearing she was the “new Iggy Pop” or they were the “new Sex Pistols” and I was like fuck off, another one of those “this artist is the new this or that” Until I heard them. Proper old school punk without trying to be just a revival band. That girl is a star.

Stevie

Mar 30, 2003
    New Rolling Stones and Blink-182 albums?

On the same fucking day?

It doesn't get much better than this if you are a fan of rock music.
    Loving that Blink are batter and Tom seems fully invested this time.
    Had tickets to see them play but the shows been postponed unfortunately.

- - - Updated - - -

Corey Taylor live in November booked, couldn't really pass up on this chance tbh
    Seen his solo show a few years ago in New York was great. Got to meet him the next day too at one of his book singings.

Stevie

Mar 30, 2003
    Foo Fighters never sparked any resemblance of interest in me despite trying. Its just so generic that it blows my mind. The two others acts Id love to see live tho.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Same. Love Nirvana. Appreciate Dave Grohl and Pat Smear but Foo fighters are so generic they bore the life out of me I struggle to finish a song.

- - - Updated - - -

That's Blink for me, this and Travis Barker being an insufferable douchebag.
    You are right about Travis. He really did turn into such a pretentious douche. The early Blink albums before he joined the band are my favourite too.

Still love the band and I think the appeal has always been about Mark and Tom. It's their chemistry that made them great.

Last edited:

swag

L'autista
    Administrator
    Sep 23, 2003
    I'm not gonna dis on their many fans, but I could never stomach Blink-182. They always seemed like the ChatGPT-generated punk offspring of Green Day wannabes who bypassed their edgier early work and went straight for the shiny pop veneer at the time.

Nirvana was great and a bit conflicted. But that was their own self-awareness that Blink-182 lacked.

The Foo Fighters are alright. I appreciate some of their earlier records (Grohl's first solo work, post-Cobain suicide, on their first album is far and away my favorite). I also appreciate what they've tried to do for the industry and the history of music. But it's mostly just arena rock now.

JuveJay

Senior Signor
    Mar 6, 2007
    I got to a point with both Green Day and Blink-182 where it just seemed like old dudes playing at it, so it lost a bit of appeal. Used to love them both as a teen to mid 20s though. Also Alkaline Trio so enjoyed the spell with Matt Skiba involved as a crossover.

Strickland

May 17, 2019
    Foo Fighters never sparked any resemblance of interest in me despite trying. Its just so generic that it blows my mind. The two others acts Id love to see live tho.
    IMO Wasting Light is a great album, was rock album of the year at the Grammies that year and should've won album of the year too, but for a rock album to get nominated for album of the year in Grammies is an achievement in itself.

However a lot of their albums since then have been pretty generic, 2-3 good songs and a lot of filler, but this last album of theirs again is a masterpiece, focused and emotional songwriting and delivery.

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
    Welp.

The Sergio Summer Concert Series for 2024 looks to be fully booked.

Niall Horan 6/15 (Xfinity Center)

Foo Fighters , The Hives, Amyl and The Sniffers 7/21 (Fenway Park)

Blink 182, Pierce the Veil 7/23 (Fenway Park)

Metallica and Mammoth WVH, Pantera, Five Finger Death Punch, Ice Nine Kills 8/2 and 8/4 (Gillette Stadium)

I am officially done

officially

Unless Lady Gaga, Harry Styles, or The Rolling Stones go out on tour, then I will revisit this

Tak!

Jun 23, 2011
    Nice. I know them well.

I even liked Amy's work with the Sleaford Mods

Reminds me of Blur. Which in itself is a huge compliment from my point of view.
    I am a huge fan of monotonous music like Epic45, Lights out Asia, Manual, Helios, and so on. But unless they are kind of intended to be so I want some more diversity or something happening in the music. Blur is monotone but with randomness and a bit everywhere. I'd really like it if they went into that direction. But that's just me. :)

OP
    CrimsonianKing

CrimsonianKing

Jan 16, 2013
  • Thread Starter #1,138
    Amyl and the Sniffers were fucking amazing! I ditched the wife and went with a friend and I’m glad I did. She wouldn’t have enjoyed it. Small venue, proper moshpit, sound guy did a hell of a job. At one point he went “man, this is the closest we’ll get to being back in 1977 at a proper punk show” and he wasn’t wrong. Shit was legit. :delpiero:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 100)