Robin Van Persie - Forward - Arsenal (11 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
Look at his face.
:lol:

Does 30 goals a season make you forget he is a "douchebag" (I rarely heard him be called usually, he was pretty stubborn and bratty in his younger days, but nothing out of ze norm). If you say no I would question your sanity :p
Zlatan made me forget his first season with us. By his second, I wanted him run out of town.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Bezzy

The Bookie Queen
Jun 5, 2010
3 bad games is the reason? :disagree::disagree::disagree:

---------- Post added 16.07.2012 at 18:08 ----------

Last season, he was arguably the best CF in the world, and 28 years isn't THAT old. I'll rather pay 20 mio for him than 30 mio for Jovetic. Not only because I think we need a CF more than another SS (I know Jovetic could be used as a CF, but I don't think that's ideal), but also because it would really send a message. If we could get the best player of Premier League last season, it would put Italy and especially Juventus back on the map.
he is always shit in dutch shirt
Not wanting a player like Van Persie for Juventus, a team currently in dire need for a class player up top.

:rolleyes:
i have explain it earlier
but point is that i don't see him adapt in italy soon.

Bianconero81

Ageing Veteran
Jan 26, 2009
He might/probably will give us 2-3 quality seasons, and then we'll be stuck with his wages and he'll have no resale value by then.

I'd rather get JoJo (who will earn way less btw), and will last the best part of a decade in a Juventus shirt (unless we sell him for some crazy money a la Zizou).

Jovetic + Berbatov on a 2 year contract would be a far better deal.

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
You convinced me, because you involved Berbagod into it, damn you for knowing my kryptonite.

P.S Would lol hard to see Vuci and Dimitar in same team...:D

Ken

The Dutch Touch
Aug 17, 2007
Me? Just not wanting a douchebag is all. :shifty:
I know you're motivation and there is no point is discussing how you feel towards the guy. I'm simply talking to the people who actually think he wouldn't have a major impact, football-wise.

he is always shit in dutch shirt

i have explain it earlier
but point is that i don't see him adapt in italy soon.
I don't see how he possibly couldn't adapt to the Italian game really. A player with his qualities would rip apart most teams in Serie A.

That could easily describe a lot of Dutch players though.
If people went by that, the only decent player in our NT would be Sneijder, judging by these Euros.

He might/probably will give us 2-3 quality seasons, and then we'll be stuck with his wages and he'll have no resale value by then.

I'd rather get JoJo (who will earn way less btw), and will last the best part of a decade in a Juventus shirt (unless we sell him for some crazy money a la Zizou).

Jovetic + Berbatov on a 2 year contract would be a far better deal.
For the long run, I agree, though Van Persie will have a bigger impact straight away I'd imagine. Van Persie would give us that extra boost only very, very few could, straight away, heading into a CL year being a seriously good team. Not a lot of people seem to like him, but it's strange so many seem convinced he couldn't get the job done, not just preferring others.

The same people who talked about a top CF, a proven player to give us a boost are now fapping their balls dry to a young player who isn't even a striker. They forget how good a player like Van Persie could do for us. Not taking anything away from Jovetic' talent here, I'd kill to see him in black and white.

Bianconero81

Ageing Veteran
Jan 26, 2009
You convinced me, because you involved Berbagod into it, damn you for knowing my kryptonite.

P.S Would lol hard to see Vuci and Dimitar in same team...:D
:klin: ;) Berbatov is lazy as fuck, but on a 2 year contract, a strong desire to prove himself, and possibly get Bulgaria to the WC in 2014, he'd be awesome in the short-term, and beastly on CL nights :D

Bianconero81

Ageing Veteran
Jan 26, 2009
For the long run, I agree, though Van Persie will have a bigger impact straight away I'd imagine. Van Persie would give us that extra boost only very, very few could, straight away, heading into a CL year being a seriously good team. Not a lot of people seem to like him, but it's strange so many seem convinced he couldn't get the job done, not just preferring others.
I rate Van Persie very highly; I think he's a great player, and I like him too. I'd love to see him here, but I was thinking more of long term and wage structure, and that's why JoJo seems to fit the bill more. I also want to believe that with a good showing in the CL, another solid season, and more money, we'd be able to entice Cavani or Higuain here next season :D

---------- Post added 17.07.2012 at 04:50 ----------

He quit playing for our national team!
Perhaps Juventus will rekindle his spark :D

Ken

The Dutch Touch
Aug 17, 2007
I rate Van Persie very highly; I think he's a great player, and I like him too. I'd love to see him here, but I was thinking more of long term and wage structure, and that's why JoJo seems to fit the bill more. I also want to believe that with a good showing in the CL, another solid season, and more money, we'd be able to entice Cavani or Higuain here next season :D

I know. That's why for the long run, I agree.. I know your point on the matter. :tup:

It's just that a lot of people jump on any bandwagon if enough others fap over a player and seriously underrate the possible impact of someone like, in this case, Van Persie.

The scenario you got laid out there sounds like the perfect plan, but.. let's get Jovetic first and take it from there. :p

Bezzy

The Bookie Queen
Jun 5, 2010
I know you're motivation and there is no point is discussing how you feel towards the guy. I'm simply talking to the people who actually think he wouldn't have a major impact, football-wise.

I don't see how he possibly couldn't adapt to the Italian game really. A player with his qualities would rip apart most teams in Serie A.

If people went by that, the only decent player in our NT would be Sneijder, judging by these Euros.

The same people who talked about a top CF, a proven player to give us a boost are now fapping their balls dry to a young player who isn't even a striker. They forget how good a player like Van Persie could do for us. Not taking anything away from Jovetic' talent here, I'd kill to see him in black and white.
i don't think he will adapt easily, he needs his team and i am not sure if he will get that time
let me put it this way as a footballer i love van persie
as a person i am not convince he will fit the italian life. van persie needs confident from the manager
conte to me seems more the other way around also i am scared van persie won't understand a lot as long as he doesn't speak italian
to me he seems very sensitive

Bezzy

The Bookie Queen
Jun 5, 2010
i have no idea how conte is with van persie

but van persie is really Dutch just like Bergkamp and van der sar, and conte is really Italian

i am.not sure if that will go well

i am not criticzing conte

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 11)