Robin Van Persie - Forward - Arsenal (59 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gerd

Dec 25, 2011
Maybe.

Nevertheless there would have to be some serious tinkering by Mancini rotationwise to keep 6 forwards happy with sufficient playing time if Dzeko and Tevez eventually remain at the club on 1st September.

They will have:-

Sergio Aguero
Mario Balotelli
Robin Van Persie
Edin Dzeko
Carlos Tevez
David Silva.

Mancini is a superb tactician but, sadly for him, a poor communicator when it comes to man management and therefore I would expect accommodating all those egos a bridge to far.

The more I look at the possibilty of RvP arriving at Juve, the less likely I can see an outcome that would acceptable based on something that didn't involve trying to negotiate/sacrifice one of our valued squad players in a PX deal, or - more unlikely - a fee in excess of €20m for a straight cash deal.

As I have previously speculated, Wenger always drags these transfer situations into an interminable saga, pace Fabregas ET al. As Nicholas is probably right that the Dutchman is headed towards the Etihad( or Old Trafford I would not rule out now that they have put Berbatov on the market and realizing Welbeck is still a work in progress) it is time for Agnelli, Patrici, Marotta and Conte to bring the striker thing to a conclusion by landing a target within our financial parameters and get down to serious preparation for the upcoming matches in Bari and the friendlies against Hertha Berlin, Benfica and Malaga.
Manciogay is a dick and worthless coach , he has won the premier league only thanks to scheich money and won serie a with merda because there was no competititon :D

Buy on AliExpress.com

TARU

Apr 24, 2012
err.. yea just my opinion but I dun see RVP or can't imagine him joining ManUtd at all... maybe ManCity but definitely not ManUtd.

---------- Post added 16.07.2012 at 19:45 ----------

If the £16m bid is true then Wenger and the Arsenal board would be seriously tempted to part with him. £16m or €21m is a very fair price to the seller.

Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm...................................

http://www.oddschecker.com/football...ie-specials/club-after-summer-transfer-window
actually it seems Arsenal want £25-30m for him. :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Deep C

Apr 8, 2012
Shouldn't pay more than €15M for an injury prone, 28 year old striker with 1,5 goal scoring season under his belt. If the market was anywhere close to realistic anyway.

Luftwaffles

Il terzo uomo
Dec 1, 2005
err.. yea just my opinion but I dun see RVP or can't imagine him joining ManUtd at all... maybe ManCity but definitely not ManUtd.

---------- Post added 16.07.2012 at 19:45 ----------

actually it seems Arsenal want £25-30m for him. :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:
The only problem for Manchester United signing RvP is the Gill/Ferguson policy od refusing to sign players over the age of 27.

The last player they signed for big money approaching that age was Berbatov purchased 4 years ago for £30.8m (€37m) and now being offered for £5m if the Bulgarian's latest tweet is an accurate reflection of his relationship and understanding with the club.

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
Short term gains is not that short, 28-29 year old, plus he is obviously the kind top class quality player that will give an immediate boost to a teams competetiveness, especially in CL. Deffo love signing Jovetic and thinking long term, but its been a LONG while since Juve been around as a real top team, and signing a top striker and being a threat in "short" term basis is defenitely a necessity, not some kind of luxury. We have been rebuilding phase long enough as it is, if we have a genuine chance to sign someone like RVP, you do it, and ignore it because he isnt "young" enough, thats kind of mindset that put the team he wants to leave where they are currently.

---------- Post added 16.07.2012 at 14:10 ----------

Shouldn't pay more than €15M for an injury prone, 28 year old striker with 1,5 goal scoring season under his belt. If the market was anywhere close to realistic anyway.
You talk like he is Matri (who costed 3m more btw), and not the same RVP we all saw last season being completely brilliant attacker. Dismantling top teams and being most potent attacker around not named Messi or Ronaldo.

TARU

Apr 24, 2012
well not THAT injury prone anymore, last 10 or 11 months he been starting every matches, maybe 1 or 2 benched and it seems Conte really want this guy.

Völler

Always spot on
May 6, 2012
that is exactly the reason I don't want him at all at juve :agree:
3 bad games is the reason? :disagree::disagree::disagree:

---------- Post added 16.07.2012 at 18:08 ----------

Last season, he was arguably the best CF in the world, and 28 years isn't THAT old. I'll rather pay 20 mio for him than 30 mio for Jovetic. Not only because I think we need a CF more than another SS (I know Jovetic could be used as a CF, but I don't think that's ideal), but also because it would really send a message. If we could get the best player of Premier League last season, it would put Italy and especially Juventus back on the map.

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
Me? Just not wanting a douchebag is all. :shifty:
Does 30 goals a season make you forget he is a "douchebag" (I rarely heard him be called usually, he was pretty stubborn and bratty in his younger days, but nothing out of ze norm). If you say no I would question your sanity :p

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 58)