Roberto Pereyra (6 Viewers)

PedroFlu

Sep 20, 2011
Ogbonna and Bonucci for €15m are both fair deals. That's the price you'd have to pay for a NT player in the mid 20s.
Isla showed a lot of potential when at Udinese but I agree €15m was a little over the top! You're judging these deals too soon - people claim Pereyra can be the next Di Maria. Mind you the difference (not only in quality) but also in price is around €40m. Di Maria is valued €55m - Pereyra for €15m can turn out to be a steal even if he's only reaching a third of Di Marias level.
As of today it is an overpayment. You see Udinese games and you don't even notice Pereyra. He's an utility player. I hope he can be much better than this. I'm judging now, yes, and I hope I am wrong.

Ogbonna was massively overpayed. The guy had had a bad 2012-13 season. He hadn't show much so far. Even Cairo admitted that if it wasn't for Juventus we would never get that kind of money for him. 2013-14 Ogbonna was not very good. He was pretty irregular. Definitely didn't show to be worth 15M last season.

Isla I agree, he showed a lot of potential. Initially it should have been 18M for him (the first half payed was of 9M), but he was so bad that it went down to something like 15M (even though we only payed 4.5M for the 2nd half - actually it was a discount compensated on paying 1.5M for Pasquato).

He definitely IS NOT Di Maria. That's for sure. Not even close. He could be a good player, I hope he is. But I have watched him play like 6 or 7 times last year, and the guy doesn't stand out at all. You barely notice he is playing. He looks just a solid do-it-all kind of player. As of today, no way he is worth 15/17M. We sold Immobile for 8M for his half, valueing him 16M.

How can you value Immobile 16M and Pereyra 17M??? Does it make sense?

It's another huge gamble from Marotta, overpaying for a young player, like he did with Morata. He is paying the price the guy might be worth one day, not the price he is worth now.

- - - Updated - - -

Ogbonna was 13M. Bonucci was like 4M cash and a bunch of garbage attached.
Really? How was Bonucci deal? I am certain that we paid cash for him.

Ogbonna was 13M + 2M bonus.

Buy on AliExpress.com

TheLaz

Oct 6, 2011
As of today it is an overpayment. You see Udinese games and you don't even notice Pereyra. He's an utility player. I hope he can be much better than this. I'm judging now, yes, and I hope I am wrong.

Ogbonna was massively overpayed. The guy had had a bad 2012-13 season. He hadn't show much so far. Even Cairo admitted that if it wasn't for Juventus we would never get that kind of money for him. 2013-14 Ogbonna was not very good. He was pretty irregular. Definitely didn't show to be worth 15M last season.

Isla I agree, he showed a lot of potential. Initially it should have been 18M for him (the first half payed was of 9M), but he was so bad that it went down to something like 15M (even though we only payed 4.5M for the 2nd half - actually it was a discount compensated on paying 1.5M for Pasquato).

He definitely IS NOT Di Maria. That's for sure. Not even close. He could be a good player, I hope he is. But I have watched him play like 6 or 7 times last year, and the guy doesn't stand out at all. You barely notice he is playing. He looks just a solid do-it-all kind of player. As of today, no way he is worth 15/17M. We sold Immobile for 8M for his half, valueing him 16M.

It's another huge gamble from Marotta, overpaying for a young player, like he did with Morata.
He is paying the price the guy might be worth one day, not the price he is worth now.
I haven't seen enough of Pereyra to judge his current ability nor his potential ability. What is know is this; people draw similarities to Di Maria. Inarguebly because he's Argentinian, but also because of similar traits. Pereyra has the traits to do well at a big club. He might not have managed to stand out at Udinese but he's still just 23 years old!
Sometimes you have to take a gamble and hope for the better outcome. Juventus can't/won't sign top players anymore. I'm happy for this strategy of taking a gamble and hope for the best. We've had scouts on Pereyra no doubt, and recently those scouts have done pretty damn good. Again; he's a player of flair, fancy, pace - exactly the traits we need from new signings. Compare him to Immobile and it does sound like Marotta's had a brainfart, but there are so many other deals worth €20m who looked way more stupid then this one. Icardi, Borini, Destro - all of which went for €20m, and none of which has ever scored more then 14 goals a season..

I simply don't agree with you on Ogbonna. He's 25 years old - there are so many years left in him at top level. He's 1.95, fastest player in the team and captained Torino (proving his mental skills) - there's no way we'd get less then €15m for him even if we were to sell him tomorrow.

only-juve

Jan 5, 2008

It's another huge gamble from Marotta, overpaying for a young player, like he did with Morata. He is paying the price the guy might be worth one day, not the price he is worth now.

- - - Updated - - -
Thank you, said everything I need to say.

Top scorer of Serie A is priced at 16 mil and this average player priced 15 mil is madness !

Funny/Sad thing is some here still think Marotta is a genious, it's Secco fiasco all over again

PedroFlu

Sep 20, 2011
I haven't seen enough of Pereyra to judge his current ability nor his potential ability. What is know is this; people draw similarities to Di Maria. Inarguebly because he's Argentinian, but also because of similar traits. Pereyra has the traits to do well at a big club. He might not have managed to stand out at Udinese but he's still just 23 years old!
Sometimes you have to take a gamble and hope for the better outcome. Juventus can't/won't sign top players anymore. I'm happy for this strategy of taking a gamble and hope for the best. We've had scouts on Pereyra no doubt, and recently those scouts have done pretty damn good. Again; he's a player of flair, fancy, pace - exactly the traits we need from new signings. Compare him to Immobile and it does sound like Marotta's had a brainfart, but there are so many other deals worth €20m who looked way more stupid then this one. Icardi, Borini, Destro - all of which went for €20m, and none of which has ever scored more then 14 goals a season..

I simply don't agree with you on Ogbonna. He's 25 years old - there are so many years left in him at top level. He's 1.95, fastest player in the team and captained Torino (proving his mental skills) - there's no way we'd get less then €15m for him even if we were to sell him tomorrow.

Hmmmm...I don't think Pereyra is a player of flair, fancy, dribbling, pace. If he was I would be all in. But it seems to me that he's not that fast, and also not very creative.

He strikes me as a hardworking utility guy who has got decent skills. Solid but not good enough to make a real difference.

But we shall see. Hopefully he will be a surprise to most of us.

- - - Updated - - -

Thats the worst populistic idea in a year

- - - Updated - - -

If you are a complete idiot, you can have these toughts offcourse.

Like for example completely pulling the immobile deal out of context
Please enlighten us. Juve received 8M for Immobile, thus agreeing to an evaluation of 16M for him.

Juve agreed to pay up to 17M for Pereyra.

Zacheryah

Aug 29, 2010
Can you confirm the mango and peanut theory please.
Lets take a look at our defence if we play a back 4

lichtsteiner - Barzagli - Chiellini - Evra
Meaning we got Caceres, ogbonna and bonucci.

Caceres makes defensive mistakes in the center. Not blunders, but mistakes cause he aint a natural cb. I prefer him down the wing.
Ogbonna is unconvincing and lacks intelligence. He's good in duels, but his thinking is slow and mediocre. I'd like us to sell Ogbonna.

Bonucci when concentrated, is quite a good CB. His positionning is excellent, his ballplaying adds a dimension, and he is not as bad in duels as some make out of it. His tackle is quite good.

Considering the older age of our central defenders, its absolutely stupid to sell bonucci. Hate him all you want cause you only understand the physical side of defending like the fucktards of the EPL who's money and shit for brains killed good defending a decade ago, but Bonucci is a topclass central defender. And when in form, top3 in serie a easely.

The midfield ? Insane joke

We currently see Pogba-Vidal-Pirlo. With Asamoah, Marchisio and Pereyra as bench. Now Pereyra will allmost certainly be used as the offensive or winger option. Asamoah isnt a real defensive mid aswel. He likes to play simular to Vidal and Pogba, going in duels and making forward runs
Marchisio is an allround quality player, that can be slotted in allmost every central role. He's actually the best vice pirlo we got.

Peasants love the man utd rumors. Why do they want him ? Why do analysts praise him ? Cause he simply is a pretty damn solid player, and we cannot get a better player for the same price

So offcourse we wont sell Marchisio and Bonucci. WHy would we ? We have an excellent starting team, and we are creating quite a good bench.

Zacheryah

Aug 29, 2010
Hmmmm...I don't think Pereyra is a player of flair, fancy, dribbling, pace. If he was I would be all in. But it seems to me that he's not that fast, and also not very creative.

He strikes me as a hardworking utility guy who has got decent skills. Solid but not good enough to make a real difference.

But we shall see. Hopefully he will be a surprise to most of us.

- - - Updated - - -

Please enlighten us. Juve received 8M for Immobile, thus agreeing to an evaluation of 16M for him.

Juve agreed to pay up to 17M for Pereyra.
Its easy really.

Immobile played for Torino, not Juve. If we do a blind auction (massive risk), on equal bid he'd go to torino.
Immobile hates Tevez
Tevez thinks Immobile is a fucking cunt.
Immobile allready doesnt want to come to juventus for this reason alone

Torino tells immobile they agree his big transfer to Dortmund. Juventus can eighter accept the deal, or purchase his half. But Torino doesnt want to sell to us and the player doesnt want to come here.

So what we basically have, is that Torino negotiated a very bad price with Dortmund, and we were not in a position to do much about it. Thats why the price is low

Pereyra ? Very simple. 1 buyer, 1 seller who prefers to keep him.

- - - Updated - - -

I hope we sell Bonucci, hell give him for free, at least that way he won't cost us goals every 2 games.
Lets forget he's actually better then most defenders, and has made less mistakes then Chiellini the past year :tup:

Dostoevsky

Tzu
Administrator
May 27, 2007
Lets forget he's actually better then most defenders, and has made less mistakes then Chiellini the past year :tup:
Chiellini had the highest rating among our defenders last season.

And yeah, Bonucci's mistakes cost us the most by far. They all make occasional brain farts but when Bonucci does that we're always fucked up.

IMO Bonucci is by far our worst CB at the moment. Sweeper, or whatever you want to call him. We're obviously gonna prioritize 4 man defense next season and if we're gonna sell anyone from that department then it has to be Bonucci.

Zacheryah

Aug 29, 2010
Chiellini had the highest rating among our defenders last season.

And yeah, Bonucci's mistakes cost us the most by far. They all make occasional brain farts but when Bonucci does that we're always fucked up.

IMO Bonucci is by far our worst CB at the moment. Sweeper, or whatever you want to call him. We're obviously gonna prioritize 4 man defense next season and if we're gonna sell anyone from that department then it has to be Bonucci.
Chiellini has the highest rating, but also made the most blunders

Especially in CL, and it hurted us

Bonucci didnt fucked up in CL afaik

Dostoevsky

Tzu
Administrator
May 27, 2007

Bonucci didnt fucked up in CL afaik
I agree with that. However not any individual should be blamed for our disaster in Europe IMO.

And I also think Chiellini used to be a LOT better a couple of years ago.

But he's still very good and should be in our starting XI next to Barzagli (when he comes back) without a doubt.

MikeM

Footballing Hipster celebrating 4th place with Tuz
Sep 21, 2008
Chiellini has the highest rating, but also made the most blunders

Bonucci didnt $#@!ed up in CL afaik
Well there was that one time Bonucci decided to send Drogba in on a breakaway...

Also, the only CB we have who is better in a 3 man defence is Bonucci. People don't realize Chiellini's perceived dip in form has coincided directly with a 3 man defence?

Chiellini gets in trouble when he has to leave the back line to either man mark or to handle the ball.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 6)