Roberto Gagliardini - CM - Atalanta (4 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

PedroFlu

Sep 20, 2011
I don't know how good this guy can be, but paying around 30M for him is just insane.

And he clearly seems like a DM, and for that we already have Mandragora, who probably is the bigger talent. They would be redundant.

Overpaying 30M is a big gamble, I'm kind of ok with it. Just hope he isn't that good, otherwise it will have been a mistake in hindsight.

rakib567

Apr 27, 2013
I don't know how good this guy can be, but paying around 30M for him is just insane.

And he clearly seems like a DM, and for that we already have Mandragora, who probably is the bigger talent. They would be redundant.

Overpaying 30M is a big gamble, I'm kind of ok with it. Just hope he isn't that good, otherwise it will have been a mistake in hindsight.
He's not reallt a DM. He's more of a box to box midfielder but has played in the a 2 man midfield in a 3421 alonside kessie. Because of the back 3 he has been able to move from box to box like any midfielder would in a 433/352 for example.

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
We keep harping on about getting the best young Italian talent, but Verratti, Insigne, and Bernardeschi are all plying their trade for other teams. It now seems that Gagliardini is gonna be another one of those promising talents we miss out on. Yet we still have room for the likes of Sturaro.
What makes Gagliardini an assured top young talent in the vein of those you mentionned, and worthy of nearly 30m after just 8 starts? We are interested, but on our own terms. I dont get why you are overhyping him, based on what?

And we already gotten Caldara from them, its not an immediate prority to go all out on him since he wont be instant improvement nor costing mid level bargain fee or be on loan etc. We go for deals similar to how we got Mandragora mostly.

Verratti we were close to getting for low sum in hindsight, and Bernadeschi we ALMOST convinced to sign with us for free in summer of 2015, but alas he is hometown boy, but would been a coup, tho we went for the superior Berardi instead. While Gagliardini without showing that much yet is quite instantly given a fairly hefty tag, so yeah ofcourse any interest in him will be complicated, but Atalanta shouldnt be too hard, we have plenty of ways to negotiate with them, considering we have decent amount of talents to offer them in exchange.

- - - Updated - - -

I am pissed, because the alternatives are absolute garbage. Names like Rincon and Luiz Gustavo hardly inspire confidence.
I call BS, Gagliardini is a young talent who can become something and Gustavo is nearing his twilight at 29, but fuck off with this absolute bullshit garbage comments. There is very little to suggest Gustavo would NOT be the better immediate impact player, in fact its GURANTEED he would be with the qualities he shown in his career (compared to 700 minutes in top leagues 22 year old), it was not long ago he was amongst the better DMs in the top leagues, and you say absolute garbage? While comparing him to a young player you KNOW you havent seen shit of? (funny enough I very much doubt you seen Gustavo either, just know the profile of the player).

Long term its clear who to go for instead, Gagliardini (tho why does he inspire confidence? He is a risk too), but short term impact the better player is the one you calling garbage, which is ridicolous, you NEVER learn.

I repeat this is you just prior to us signing Barzagli, many were skeptical, but ONLY YOU speak with absolute terms in BS merchant way like this:

What? Excuse Me? What planet have you been living on for the past 5 years? Barzagli is pure and utter garbage. At best, A Chievo type player.

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
Rincon doesn't seem that good for sure, but this guy for 30M makes it seem like he's the next Pirlo. Is he the next Pirlo?
No one is the next Pirlo.

But in style is one we already have a stake in and he is after long injury starting full time for Sassuolo now is Stefano Sensi, will be interesting to follow his development more then most.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
No one is the next Pirlo.

But in style is one we already have a stake in and he is after long injury starting full time for Sassuolo now is Stefano Sensi, will be interesting to follow his development more then most.
He seems pretty good. But what's with these small creative Italian midfielders? Something in the water stunting their growth?

Tolisso looks to be pretty darn good too, but in dealing with Aulas we will break the bank. I don't see it happening.

petersmit

Mar 14, 2006
Moggi stuff from :beppe: just so merda buy a player for an extremely overpriced fee? Or is he really that good?

Kessie better?
The next veratti?

Really weird stuff this saga

Cronios

Juventolog
Jun 7, 2004
This must be his agent feeding the media with false rumors...
The last thing we need is another average unknown Italian DM, those players grow in trees and ate extremely easy to find.
Whats harder to get and would justify such a gamble, is a creative AMF

Klin

نحن الروبوتات
May 27, 2009
We keep harping on about getting the best young Italian talent, but Verratti, Insigne, and Bernardeschi are all plying their trade for other teams. It now seems that Gagliardini is gonna be another one of those promising talents we miss out on. Yet we still have room for the likes of Sturaro.
:lol:

You forgot the fact that we already have Rugani, Mandragora, Kean and a shitload of other youngsters spread all over Serie A and B that I can't even name them all. You can't have them all, but you still find a way to moan for the possible scenario that we may "lose" Gagliardini (a player you would have crucified Marotta for buying for 15M just a couple of months ago) to Inter for a fee in the region of 25-27M.

Gagi

Jul 19, 2007
25-27m for a promising talent, 22yo boy that started 8 Serie A games. 25-27 fucking million? Give the kid ticket to Milan.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 3)