Roberto Gagliardini - CM - Atalanta (6 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zacheryah

Aug 29, 2010
Barcelona is a better team than Juve, that someone have bad 6 months doesn`t mean much. Pjanić came from second best team in Serie A and he has good number just because free kicks and corners but his open play is 2 levels below Pogba`s
Who the shit cares how the assist happens ?

Pjanic is nearly mandatory in the team for his insane tally on deadballs alone

Wait till he hits form

Buy on AliExpress.com

Bianconero81

Ageing Veteran
Jan 26, 2009
Well, if we miss out on this guy, I sincerely hope we are serious about getting Kessie, and maybe Fofana. Enough stop gap solutions a la Hernanes and Rincon. Our midfield is looking decidedly average at present.

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
Stat padder @Bianconero_Aus
Pjanic: 6 goals - 7 assists - 1433 minutes = goal/assist every 110 minutes :delpiero:
Higuain: 13 goals - 0 assists - 1700 minutes = goal/assist every 131 minutes
Dybala: 4 goals - 2 assists - 900 minutes = goal/assist every 150 minutes
Mandzu: 5 goals - 2 assists - 1490 minutes = goal/assist every 213 minutes

Apparently, having the best goal+assist/minute ratio on a team with Higuain, Dybala, Mandzu, a team that is top of Serie A by 7 points, and topped its CL group by 3 points, and went undefeated there, well... it's a bad thing, and indicative of flopping and stat padding. :shifty:

Bianconero81

Ageing Veteran
Jan 26, 2009
He has been disappointing, gone missing in key games, and has largely failed to impose himself in most of our games this season. I don't give a fuck what the stats say.

We are currently 4 points ahead of 2nd placed Roma, with a game in hand. The results are definitely positive, but the performances not so much. We've lost to Milan twice (surrendering the Supercup in the process), and whereas Serie A is pretty much a certainty, we need to elevate our game in Europe; otherwise, we are in for a rude awakening against Porto.

Orgut

Dec 31, 2002
Gazzetta: Inter has reached an agreement with Atalanta & Gagliardini.

Pedulla: Inter will meet with Atalanta in the coming days to close the deal for Gagliardini (loan for a huge fee with a buy-option).

Pedulla: There's no scheduled meeting between Juve & Atalanta to discuss a deal for Gagliardini.
Too bad.. I really think he is a great player, great signing for Inter..

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
He has been disappointing, gone missing in key games, and has largely failed to impose himself in most of our games this season. I don't give a fuck what the stats say.

We are currently 4 points ahead of 2nd placed Roma, with a game in hand. The results are definitely positive, but the performances not so much. We've lost to Milan twice (surrendering the Supercup in the process), and whereas Serie A is pretty much a certainty, we need to elevate our game in Europe; otherwise, we are in for a rude awakening against Porto.
Of course we need to get better. I have faith we will. Each year under Allegri we have improved in the new year.

And yes, I do care about stats, tangible results, the goals and assists that allow teams to win games and titles. Pjanic provides those.

Y'all act like the guy cost us 50+ mil for what you're expecting. He cost 30 mil. And while I want him to play like a CM worth 50+ mil, he's certainly not flopped based on the fee we paid for him, nor in terms of helping our team top the table in both comps so far with tangible end product.

If Khedira wasn't having a nightmare season since the first 3-4 games, and Dybala didn't miss 2 months (meaning we have zero creativity on the pitch outside of Pjanic) he'd probably look even better at this point. He's certainly lived up to his price tag, but it's fair to want him to be better.

Bianconero81

Ageing Veteran
Jan 26, 2009
Still, 10m for a depth player is a fair sum. 25m for an unproven young talent it a tad much.
We keep harping on about getting the best young Italian talent, but Verratti, Insigne, and Bernardeschi are all plying their trade for other teams. It now seems that Gagliardini is gonna be another one of those promising talents we miss out on. Yet we still have room for the likes of Sturaro.

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
What has this guy done so far for him to be said to be one of the best young Italian talents?

We paid 30 mil for Pjanic, who you say is a flop, and yet you want us spend 25+ mil on this guy who hasn't even looked that good thus far, at 22.

Basel93

Dec 24, 2014
We keep harping on about getting the best young Italian talent, but Verratti, Insigne, and Bernardeschi are all plying their trade for other teams. It now seems that Gagliardini is gonna be another one of those promising talents we miss out on. Yet we still have room for the likes of Sturaro.
He could be the next big thing, but I'd rather we spend a larger sum on a proven midfielder than gamble 25-30m on an unproven player.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 6)