Roberto Gagliardini - CM - Atalanta (4 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

abstract

Mar 3, 2012
25 mil for this guy is absurd.He played only 775 minutes in Serie A and he's 22 years old.
If he goes for that, it'll be more ridiculous than any of the EPL transfers.

pitbull

Jul 26, 2007
22 or 20 or 18 doesn't matter, he's still very young with 10+ years ahead of him, many players who are big names at 19 are old at 29. I just don't get why Inter are trying to get him, they have a big squad that is poorly managed to say the least, FFP troubles guaranteed for a few more season and pretty low chances of making CL this season with or without Gagliardini. Simeone is probably coming after 1.5 years and they are doing their best to fuck the club up even more before he comes.

Robee

Jun 21, 2011
We keep harping on about getting the best young Italian talent, but Verratti, Insigne, and Bernardeschi are all plying their trade for other teams. It now seems that Gagliardini is gonna be another one of those promising talents we miss out on. Yet we still have room for the likes of Sturaro.
So let us be clear here... You'd pay more than 25-27 mil for him?

Bianconero81

Ageing Veteran
Jan 26, 2009
He could be the next big thing, but I'd rather we spend a larger sum on a proven midfielder than gamble 25-30m on an unproven player.
Who? So far we have gotten Rincon, and are being linked with Luiz Gustavo. Hardly inspiring names to aid us in our push for CL glory. We have managed to severely debilitate our midfield in under 3 seasons, so pardon my pessimism.

- - - Updated - - -

So let us be clear here... You'd pay more than 25-27 mil for him?
Definitely not. However, I'm sure if we really wanted him, we could close the deal for 20 + bonuses, or some player exchanges.

- - - Updated - - -

What has this guy done so far for him to be said to be one of the best young Italian talents?

We paid 30 mil for Pjanic, who you say is a flop, and yet you want us spend 25+ mil on this guy who hasn't even looked that good thus far, at 22.
Read the first few pages of this thread. Some people were even saying he is better than Kessie. I know it's only half a season, but he has shown promise.

Bianconero81

Ageing Veteran
Jan 26, 2009
I am pissed, because the alternatives are absolute garbage. Names like Rincon and Luiz Gustavo hardly inspire confidence. Run of the mill, a dime a dozen type players who have barely done anything of note in their pathetic careers. At least this guy is young, Italian, and possesses potential. I wouldn't be upset if we were missing out on him, and getting someone awesome instead, but the names we are being linked with are barf-worthy and puke inducing.

Basel93

Dec 24, 2014
Who? So far we have gotten Rincon, and are being linked with Luiz Gustavo. Hardly inspiring names to aid us in our push for CL glory. We have managed to severely debilitate our midfield in under 3 seasons, so pardon my pessimism.
Our midfield has certainly been downgraded from the previous years. I didn't mean anyone specific, just saying 25m is too much for this kid as of now, even when Verratti was causing waves in Serie B his price was around 6m and we only lost him because PSG outbid us with 12m or something.

Mar 17, 2016
Sooner or later we'll have to up our game or we will end up losing all of our primary transfer targets.

That's how competition works and that's why people want beelan and merda strong, so we can improve as well.

Robee

Jun 21, 2011

- - - Updated - - -

Definitely not. However, I'm sure if we really wanted him, we could close the deal for 20 + bonuses, or some player exchanges.

- - - Updated - - -

Read the first few pages of this thread. Some people were even saying he is better than Kessie. I know it's only half a season, but he has shown promise.
First of all, I'd certainly play Luis Gustavo over Gagliardini today if I had both of them in my team so as far as improving short term goes, that's easily the better choice. Difficult to argue about that when we simply compare the resumés...

Secondly, it's hard to see us close a deal for 7 mil less than someone else is offering. And being sure about it, is certainly not realistic.

Last but not least, Gagliardini looks like a talent to me, one bigger than Kessié but it is still a gamble and we do not know who we'll target/buy this summer. There's no need to buy another talent if we're to add a midfielder or 2 with starting quality. That would bench and ruin your talent unless you loan him... which makes splashing all that cash all the more stupid. Especially since we already own players like Sensi, Mandragora, etc. or at least have options on them.

Bianconero81

Ageing Veteran
Jan 26, 2009
First of all, I'd certainly play Luis Gustavo over Gagliardini today if I had both of them in my team so as far as improving short term goes, that's easily the better choice. Difficult to argue about that when we simply compare the resumés...

Secondly, it's hard to see us close a deal for 7 mil less than someone else is offering. And being sure about it, is certainly not realistic.

Last but not least, Gagliardini looks like a talent to me, one bigger than Kessié but it is still a gamble and we do not know who we'll target/buy this summer. There's no need to buy another talent if we're to add a midfielder or 2 with starting quality. That would bench and ruin your talent unless you loan him... which makes splashing all that cash all the more stupid. Especially since we already own players like Sensi, Mandragora, etc. or at least have options on them.
Do you really think that is going to happen? I have serious doubts, considering how the past couple summers have gone. We lost a lot of heart, character, and talent in midfield, and it has yet to be adequately replaced.

- - - Updated - - -

Mandragora and Sensi are better anyway :baus:
:agree: Because they belong to us :baus:

zizinho

Apr 14, 2013
Do you really think that is going to happen? I have serious doubts, considering how the past couple summers have gone. We lost a lot of heart, character, and talent in midfield, and it has yet to be adequately replaced.

- - - Updated - - -

Ofcourse

Bentancur shits all over him as well

Robee

Jun 21, 2011

- - - Updated - - -

I don't know but realistically speaking - thereby I mean trying the ignore the overly pessimistic as well as the overly optimistic bunch - I see ourselves in this situation...

We brought in some quality midfielders with our current management a few years back. That midfield is completely ruined at this point since we clearly expected to hold on to Pogba for another summer. The funds are probably there to invest coming summer since we will sell a bit of deadwood and we spent very little net last summer.
So on the one hand we have a management capable of scouting good midfielders with cash in hand and on the other hand we have gaping holes in midfield clear for everyone to see. I'd have faith.

Xperd

Allegrophobic Infidel
Jun 1, 2012
Juventus has had confirmation from Gagliardini's agent that they did not reach an agreement with Inter. [Mediaset]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 3)