Roberto Baggio (8 Viewers)

marky

Aug 4, 2003
Welcome Coyote!!! It's funny u say that Baggio will play in Euro 2004 - a bunch of us were discussing this topic this morning. Why would Trap call up Roby for a friendly - he has everything to lose if he plays well. Could you imagine if Baggio scores a brace in the game against Spain, everybody would be on Trap's case to make him part of the team and Trap has been dealing with this for such a long time now - he doesn't want the controversy all over again like in 2002 going into the Euros. Also, lets not forget that Trap was scouting a Brescia game against Milan a month ago. This is my opinion, but if Baggio plays well against Spain, Trap will bring him to the Euros. If Baggio plays poorly or even average, this will justify Trap's decision not to bring him to the Euros and will even further justify his decision of why he was not selected to the WC. I just can't see Baggio having a good game against Spain and Trap not selecting him for the team. What do u guys think about this? Mate, what are people saying out in Italy about Trap's offer?

Buy on AliExpress.com

coyote

Mar 21, 2004
Thanks mark

I think that Baggio is aware of the outcome of the Spain game, and he is gonna pull out a good game and like you said we are going to create another contrversy. If Roby does play an Excellent game we must forze trap to take him. He deserves one last chance in the Azzuri team in the spot light. What you guys think Forza Baggio

Vinman

2013 Prediction Cup Champ
Jul 16, 2002
As much as I would like to see Baggio at the Euro's, I doubt it will happen

Trap is spoiled with so many choices in attack

If DP is still out of form come June, then let Roby take his spot !!!!!!!

marky

Aug 4, 2003
Maybe up front their might be some competition but why not pull Baggio back and have him work as a set-up man for Vieri and Inzaghi. If Italy plays 4-4-4, who else would they have in midfield apart from Totti. I still don't think Perrota or Camoranese are on the same level as Baggio yet their on the team?

Maybe EuroBaggio won't happen, but wouldn't u guys agree that a golden Baggio performance during the friendly would cause some problems for Trap?

Vinman

2013 Prediction Cup Champ
Jul 16, 2002
Yes, he may work as a trequartista, but he would sit the bench behind Totti

And would you ever think that Trap would take Totti off the field ????

coyote

Mar 21, 2004
HEy trap has an large amount of talent ok but some players in midfield dont compare baggios skill.
Hows this too bad Maldini doesnt want to be in the azzurri, but supose he does. I mean we can re arrange the possitions have the best of the best run forwar i mean totti del piero and vieri worked very well togheter especially in the germany game a while back.
---------------Buffon-----------

--------Nesta---- Costacuta-------Pannucci---------Maldini---------------

------Del Piero ---- Di Vaio------Inzaghi-------Roberto Baggio-------

-------- Vieri ---------- Totti ----------

coyote

Mar 21, 2004
Or how about

--------Buffon--------

---Nesta--- Costacutta----Panucci----Maldini----

---Inzaghi--- Di Vaio---- Del Piero----

----Vieri-- Roberto Baggio----Totti---

Coach Trap ----> :eek:
He should recognize

Codino

The Rival
Jul 21, 2002
Even if Baggio plays, the pressure will be on him, all the eyes of the media will be waiting for one slip up, or they will be waiting for moments of brilliance. Trapattoni is playing with our emotions. Getting the wrolds hopes up that Baggio will have a chance for the Euro's, then Baggio, and all us fans will be heartbroken and continue to feel anger at the Trap.

coyote

Mar 21, 2004
That is true but i think baggio has been waiting a long long long long time to show trap that he does have what it takes to be in the team again. I am sure baggio is focus and aware and is going to give it 110%. Oh and also i am not sure about this rummor i have been hearing but i heard that ac milans acelotti was atempting to be Italias next head coach, and if he did get that before the euro or world cup that he will give baggio a spot in the team. Any thaughts about this.

IGOR

Sep 9, 2002
Hi, brothers and sisters!
I have a big request to you all. Currently, I’m posting in one Russian speaking forum (Juventini place). There are a lot of young fans and I mean a lot. I’m very worried about their future. They post a lot of odd posts like "Totti is the Best!" "Del Piero is number one" etc. I want to show them the light at the end of the tunnel! I have already persuaded a few young fellows that there is only one football God and his name is ROBERTO BAGGIO, THE GREATEST ONE! But I want to go further and for that I need your assistance.
Mate, buddy, you have had a lot of good signatures about Robby. Can you send (PM) me them all?
Nina, I know you die-hard Robby fan, if you find some poems or songs about him, please send me everything!
Guys, you see you don’t help me, you help all those poor Russians who have never seen what R. Baggio was doing in 90’s.
Thanks, guys!

P.S.
Trap would never take Baggio to Europe-2004. But does it make any difference? As one fan said: Roberto, even if your WC dreams are over, you have everything to be proud of and nothing more to prove. Does he have to prove anything to us? Nope!
Wow, I have not been here for a long time. Forgot that the words of UV is in my signature :cool:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 7)