Roberto Baggio (8 Viewers)

Vinman

2013 Prediction Cup Champ
Jul 16, 2002
++ [ originally posted by coyote ] ++
Believe it or not roby will be call up to play for the azzurri team. Sure this may be robys last chance, but as far as i know trap wants maldini in the NT and i strongly believe that maldini will put in a good for for roby. such as if he doent go i wont go ;-). Since maldinin and roby have gone through a lot not only in teh azzurri team, but in ac milan it is only common sence they are a good combination. I may be shoving my foot up my mouth, but i think if roby is call up to play in the euro and italy wins it because of him, then all i can say is expect him to look deep inside himself and look forward to WORLD CUP 2006. However, this is still up in the air and we will not know until it takes place. The bottom line is that if anyone can not only be in the Nt but also win it is most certain it can be ROBERTO BAGGIO. Look at Dino Zoff he was the oldest player to win teh world cup, look at Baggio he still can score and assist just as good as the rest of them. We must keep faith, the past is teh past but Baggio is more mature and experiece to be able to take italy all the way.
2006 ?????:confused:

I'd just be happy if he played in this years Euro's

delpiero10

Apr 5, 2004
Baggio has had his changes, and he will not play in euro04 (Trap would never do that :(. Its sad that he never won anything with Italy, but for me he will remain as the best player in the history.

mate

Aug 28, 2002
An other grate match 4 Roby :thumb:
A magic goal on freekick and a wonderful assist to Maniero :extatic:
So now his average of the current season is 20 matches, 10 goals, 12 assists :strong:

Here to see Roby goal:
http://www2.raisport.rai.it/gol/040404baggiogol.mpg
http://www.xtclips.com/UdiBre4.mpg

Here Maniero one assisted perfectly by Roby:
http://www.xtclips.com/UdiBre6.mpg

And here the whole match hightlights:
http://www.raisport.rai.it/pub/static/45200/040404calcioUdineseBrescia_1.ram

4 the Euros... guys don't have illusions, Roby will not be called even if we all see that he deserve it, there are too many "power games" in the NT unfortunately :(

Let's enjoy his last 7 games and do not worry about the rest :)

Codino

The Rival
Jul 21, 2002
Great game on the weekend against udinese! so much action.
Roberto played pretty damn good. One touch passing, and trying to make the game flow. but not many brescia players were up to the task. Baggio had a chance and should of scored but the ball came off the post! wen he stepped up for the free kick i told my dad 'watch this'.. then baggio just put in a pirler! you just knew he was gonna do it!! And what about that pass for the third goal. So cheeky. The man is playing probably (behind juventus and fiorentina days) playing the best soccer of his career.

coyote

Mar 21, 2004
Baggio is getting better and better as games are going by. It could eb becuase roby as surpass the 200 goal mark, rumors about is possible retirement :down: in which he wants to leave with a bang, a true legend, end at the top, or maybe it is that he is soo ancious and aware of the bigg match against Spain where he will play for the NT in which he has woken up and is feeeling like the old baggio again. What you guys think.

Jan 7, 2004
++ [ originally posted by coyote ] ++
Baggio is getting better and better as games are going by. It could eb becuase roby as surpass the 200 goal mark, rumors about is possible retirement :down: in which he wants to leave with a bang, a true legend, end at the top, or maybe it is that he is soo ancious and aware of the bigg match against Spain where he will play for the NT in which he has woken up and is feeeling like the old baggio again. What you guys think.
let him retire now that he still is a legend

nina

Feb 18, 2001
As I said before, even if he relives his most successful days I don't want him in the Azzurri ... he is way too good for them!

coyote

Mar 21, 2004
Roby Baggio is a legend Period. No matter what happends he is already a legend. If he doesnt do anything from now on he is still a legendary player, and i still want him to be in the azzuri team, he deserves another shot his last shot. Maybe he can shouw this new commers a thing a too ;-). I think yeah i think that the rummor that baggo is stronging thinking on joining mazzonne, butam not sure. I hoep he does.

Len

Feb 13, 2004
He might be picked for EURO2004 and score the winning goal in the final for Italy to be champions....
Today he says he will retire, tomorrow he might say I still haven't had enough.....
You never know whats gonna happen :D

mate

Aug 28, 2002
++ [ originally posted by Don Bes ] ++

wouldnt u rather see Gila there?
Both of them will deserve the Euro!
If the starting fowards will be Totti + Cassano + Vieri like it schould be is clear that Roby is the first fantasista/second foward and Gila the first striker (and I will even put him before Vieri) behind tham.
But unfortunately we all know that there are things more important that sport value to play in the NT :groan:

mate

Aug 28, 2002

in other words Corradi will go
Maybe Corradi... but most probably Del Piero and Inzaghi, that this season have something like 10 Italian fowards before tham...
IMO we won't go anyweare in the EURO with players like tham + others like Cannavaro and Panucci... I really hope this year will be called and play who schowed in the field that they deserve it if not I'm afraid it will end like always :groan:

nina

Feb 18, 2001
With Trap the chances of seeing players who really perform and would deserve the call-up is close to none I'm afraid. Which in a way is good as FIGC will finally realize what a clown they have for a coach :rolleyes:

Vinman

2013 Prediction Cup Champ
Jul 16, 2002

wouldnt u rather see Gila there?
Gila is NO WAY IN HELL ANYWHERE NEAR the class of Roberto Baggio

This kid has a long way to go.........................

Baggio should be picked !!!!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 8)