Roberto Baggio (8 Viewers)

gray

Apr 22, 2003
++ [ originally posted by IGOR ] ++
Mate, buddy, you have had a lot of good signatures about Robby. Can you send (PM) me them all?
Nina, I know you die-hard Robby fan, if you find some poems or songs about him, please send me everything!
Welcome IGOR :)

Don't bother with poems, songs and signatures. I suggest you just show them vides of the great man in action :thumb:

Buy on AliExpress.com

nina

Feb 18, 2001
Welcome coyote and IGOR :cheesy:

IGOR I advize you to just go back a few pages because one of the members posted a few poems about Roby dear :) And here are the links of my fav sites:

http://www.robertobaggio.com/ (official site)

http://www.pro-paul.net/baggio/

http://hem.passagen.se/roberto_baggio2000/ (great because it has old goals)

Today was Roby's day!!! I haven't seen the goals or the replay yet, but according to the reports Baggio had an awsome game ... he even scored two goals :star: :strong: :heart: Brescia won against Ancona with 5-2 :extatic:

coyote

Mar 21, 2004
I wonder How many goals Roby is gonna score by the end of the season. What do you guys think am guessing he will have 207, 208 goals by the end of the season. ( i know it may seem too much (or too little), but you never know =D.)

Codino

The Rival
Jul 21, 2002
to magnificant goals. both from outside the box. The second goal was so classy, a lovely chip! well, i just hope he gets 13 goals, so his brescia carrer ends as 10, 11, 12, 13! haha :)

mate

Aug 28, 2002
Yes :extatic:
What a fantastic game 4 Roby :strong:
Both the goals weare magnificant! :star:

Here to download tham:
http://www.xtclips.com/BresciaAncona1.mpg
http://www.xtclips.com/BresciaAncona7.mpg

Here the match hightlights:
http://www.raisport.rai.it/pub/static/44800/280304BresciaAncona_1.ram

And here some pictures of the match:
http://www.robertobaggio.com/upgrades_pages/PageNews254.htm

The season didn't start in a good way, probably due to the summer knee surgery... and all the injuryes looked like up to compromise it till the end, but now all looks over, Roby is in a perfect condition and in 19 games he scored 9 goals (all "on action") and made 7 assists (best serie A assistman). Grate :thumb:
I really hope that now that he looks physically ok he will change his mind of quitting soccer, it will be such a shame... Never mind the age, he still one of the best serie A player and with no dubts the most skillful and elegant so the most spectacular to look at :cool:

@IGOR: scroll carefully all this trade... I know will take long but you will find all the material you are looking 4 ;)

mate

Aug 28, 2002
++ [ originally posted by RobyBaggio10 ] ++
9 goals 11 assists ;)
Some Italian newspapers do not count assists on corner and freekicks 4 "fantacalcio", that's why sometimes the stast are different. ;)
Anycase also without it he comes out to be the best serie A assist-man, even if he missed a lot of matches, and do not have such grate teammates :cool:

marky

Aug 4, 2003
Mate, what are the people in italy saying about roby participating in the Euro's? Don't u think Trap is shooting himself in the foot by calling him up for the game against spain?

mate

Aug 28, 2002
++ [ originally posted by mark ] ++
Mate, what are the people in italy saying about roby participating in the Euro's? Don't u think Trap is shooting himself in the foot by calling him up for the game against spain?
Mmm... we think he deserve to go to EURO cause if is true that Totti and Cassano are doing grate is also true that nor Di Vaio nor Del Piero nor Miccoli nor Inzaghi deserve a call more than him. But nobody has illusion, In 2002 he deserved to go to the WC as well, and in some QE in which many fowards weare injured Trapattoni called even Marazzina, Doni and Maccarone and not him. So that's mean that there is a preclusion... Big international competions has so many interests and business behind tham... and Roby do not have any big clubs or powerful peaple to "pusch him"... he has all the fans, but unfortunately fans count nothing if not Roby wuold never ever left the NT. The truth is that Roby presence to the EURO (as to the WC) will be a disgrace 4 other players promotions and business, (so 4 their clubs and their sponsor) cause when he is around all the spothlight is 4 him.
Is absurd, but his problem is that he is too famos and too loved :groan: and of course that he do not have anybody of "the mafia of calcio" behind him...

marky

Aug 4, 2003
Well said Mate - we're glad your back posting. I completely agree with everything you said and I thought I'd never see Baggio back on the NT. But don't u think Trap is just opening up another can of worms here by calling him back up right before the tournament?

Btw - people were reporting last week that maldini doesn't want to play on the nt because of totti - is this true? wouldn't surprise me if it is.

mate

Aug 28, 2002
++ [ originally posted by Vinman ] ++
Baggio playing one last game for the Azzurri..... I think I'm gonna cry !!!!! :extatic:
Me too :touched:

@Mark: Yes Trapattoni is taking the risk of opening an other querelle about Baggio to the EURO calling him 4 the friendship, but he cannot avoid to do it, cause Roby is quitting soccer in one month and a half and fans will kill him if he deny us even a last occasion to see him with the NT jersey. I think he still have preclusions and bad feelings with Roby but he need to have back a bit of simpathy from peaple, that's why he will do this...
About Maldini: yes looks like he do not like all the privileges Totti has but I think is not the only reason, he was also badly attakked after the WC and he said he do not think to deserve it after all that he did and also looks like he do not like the athmosphiere of the NT anymore....

coyote

Mar 21, 2004
Believe it or not roby will be call up to play for the azzurri team. Sure this may be robys last chance, but as far as i know trap wants maldini in the NT and i strongly believe that maldini will put in a good for for roby. such as if he doent go i wont go ;-). Since maldinin and roby have gone through a lot not only in teh azzurri team, but in ac milan it is only common sence they are a good combination. I may be shoving my foot up my mouth, but i think if roby is call up to play in the euro and italy wins it because of him, then all i can say is expect him to look deep inside himself and look forward to WORLD CUP 2006. However, this is still up in the air and we will not know until it takes place. The bottom line is that if anyone can not only be in the Nt but also win it is most certain it can be ROBERTO BAGGIO. Look at Dino Zoff he was the oldest player to win teh world cup, look at Baggio he still can score and assist just as good as the rest of them. We must keep faith, the past is teh past but Baggio is more mature and experiece to be able to take italy all the way.

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
Beautiful goal scored by Roby today against Udinese off of that free kick. Great Touch on the ball. I'm going to cry like a little girl at an N'Sync concert for that final match against milan.

I still can't believe its almost over.

At least he will wear the Azzurri shirt one more time.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 8)