Roberto Baggio (7 Viewers)

Majed

Jul 17, 2002
++ [ originally posted by Alex ] ++

So true... :D

Damn proud of it too :stuckup:;)
What we're saying is that people shouldn't judge a player they havn't seen play....thats it.. the age thing is just a general way of knowing how much background the person has of an old player.

BTW Alex, u should have told me he's ur brother, i would have sucked up to him a bit ;) .....my post count isn't too high u know and saying "DP is better than Baggio" might give me another few hundred post counts........ :devil:

PS: it was nice knowing you all (incase i get kicked out!) :eek:

Buy on AliExpress.com

denco

Superior Being
Jul 12, 2002
Okay i have been watching football as far back as 1978 and its been my passion since then, now i have seen a lot of great players and if Paolo thinks that Dp is better than baggio, i won't agree with him but i think i will understand why, because quite frankly there is very little to choose between them.
Now i do not know how long some of you have been watching but if you say because someone is young , he has no right to say that so and so is better than Baggio, then you have no right to say Baggio is better than players you guys never saw yourselves

If you say Baggio is the greatest, then you should say he is the best you have seen, not that he is the best

I guess my point is that if you cannot take it then don't dish it out

Majed

Jul 17, 2002
aha...good point....

Then nobody in the World has the right to say anyone is THE BEST unless he/she is more than 150 years old!!

..... Paolo's made a specific comparision between 2 players. the age thing is not concrete...it does not mean lack of knowledge.

He might actually know Baggio and think that DP is better...but Alex pointed out that he hasn't seen anygames.....this makes his argument false....not the age thing!!

i asked the age first because if he said he's 50, i would assume that he based his claim on experience.

Anwyay....FORZA DP and FORZA BAGGIO (just as much forza as dp's forza!) ;)

mate

Aug 28, 2002
++ [ originally posted by denco ] ++
Okay i have been watching football as far back as 1978 and its been my passion since then, now i have seen a lot of great players and if Paolo thinks that Dp is better than baggio, i won't agree with him but i think i will understand why, because quite frankly there is very little to choose between them.
Now i do not know how long some of you have been watching but if you say because someone is young , he has no right to say that so and so is better than Baggio, then you have no right to say Baggio is better than players you guys never saw yourselves

If you say Baggio is the greatest, then you should say he is the best you have seen, not that he is the best

I guess my point is that if you cannot take it then don't dish it out
I always said Roby Baggio is the best I'VE SEEN after Maradona. And I can't compare him with different epoque players like 4 example Eusebio cause I didn't see them. Anycase the fact that Baggio is one of the best player of soccer history is an "objective" thing. :thumb: .

Martin

Dec 31, 2000
++ [ originally posted by mate ] ++
Somebody of you have Tele+ satellite? Tonight on ESPN classic (channel 61) there is a Baggio special.... I'm looking foward to see it!!! Paulo... have a look to it... so maybe next time you will say more apropiate world about him... if you don't have Tele+ you can start downloading this video:

http://www.pro-paul.net/baggio/media/tribute_to_baggio.rm
Paulo doesn't have ESPN but he likes that video, as do I :cool:

mate

Aug 28, 2002
I love this video!!!:thumb: Ther's thousends of TV program and videocassette about Baggio here... but you know wath, usually or I don't like the music or ther's some TV presenter saying stupid or boring things... this video It's very schort but the music fits it perfecty! Maybe that's why I love it so mutch!!!

mate

Aug 28, 2002
Roby's book "A door in the sky" had got the third place of Bancarella Prize!!! That's an absolute record from a "sport man"! Usually books from soccerplayers or others sport players here are just flops and his book was voted the tird of the year! They said it is surprising like if Luciano De Crescenzo (famos writer) wuould be called to play in the NT.... FORZA ROBY!!!

Codino

The Rival
Jul 21, 2002
5 of the best Baggio Videos to buy ( i will post them one after another, pleez do not post until im finished :D )

1. Campionissimi Baggio.
In this Video, They show Baggio and all the great things that happened wen he played for Juve!

Codino

The Rival
Jul 21, 2002
4. Baggio e Delpiero
In this video they show how these 2 players become the heroes of Juve. But also shows the rivalry between these 2 great players.

Codino

The Rival
Jul 21, 2002
5. Goals di roby
Most of the goals of Roberto Baggio from Fiorentina till Bologna.

im yet to see this video, but i hear that its good.

mate

Aug 28, 2002
WOW... I just have "Io, Roberto Baggio" I will look from the others... But I think there will be a new one soon... None of them include 1998 WC and his seasons in Brescia...

mate

Aug 28, 2002
Italians didn't give up to see Baggio in the NT again... ther's a new initiative "No Roby? No party!" who is mentioned in most of the unofficial Robysites and now also in his official one, in the Brescia one end in "La Gazzetta dello Sport" on sunday. And yesterday at "Il Processo di Biscardi" TV schow they said that fans from Naples writed them plenty of emails cause they really want Roby on field in the match Italy-Yugoslavia who will be in Naples 12 of october. Let's see what's going on... I don't think Trap has any intenction to call Roby back... but the Italian team belong also to the Italian people... so... maybe...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 6)