Roberto Baggio (6 Viewers)

denco

Superior Being
Jul 12, 2002
++ [ originally posted by roby ] ++
dear paulo i guess u havent seen baggio play........ i do like dp he is my fav player along wid baggio but sayin that he is better than baggio that is a big crime dp is a club player he hasnt done anythin 4 the national team n in the other hand baggio has done alot 4 the national team as well as the clubs he played 4 dp did get his chance 2 prove himself in the national team but he didnt eg. france 98, euro 2000.REMEMBER BAGGIO IS THE BEST 4TH PLAYER IN THE HISTORY as robybaggio10 said"we know that he WAS the best and still is a top player in Serie A" AND THE WO0RLD.
Should i or shouldn't i , no, have your day in the sun , Baggio is the 4th best player in history hmmm;)

nina

Feb 18, 2001
Brescia won 2:1 against Chievo today and Baggio helped with both goals, creating wonderful passes :thumb: He also shot a couple of great free-kicks and the Chievo keeper really had to pull himself together to not let them go in.

Forza Baggio!

mate

Aug 28, 2002
++ [ originally posted by paulo ] ++
Am i the only Baggio hater here? :D
Just kidding..I don't hate Baggio, but I simply don't think he's as good as many people say he is. For example saying he's better than Del Piero is a joke for me.
Don't worry everybody already know that Del Piero fans "hate" Baggio... I wonder why... maybe jelousy...
But we can't care less! All the rest of the peolple love him, and not just his team fans...
Baggio was voted the forth ever from a FIFA pool made from people coming from all the world, not just Italy, so it means that a lot of people are agree with us... You, Denco and all the DP fans can go on dreaming DP is better... but the truth is that he is never ever ben mentioned in a "best ever" pool...
Here you are the FIFA pool:
FIFA Internet Award – Men
Maradona Diego (ARG) 53.60%
Pelé (BRA) 18.53%
Eusebio (POR) 6.21%
Baggio Roberto (ITA) 5.42%
Romario (BRA) 1.69%
Van Basten Marco (NED) 1.57%
Ronaldo (BRA) 1.55%
Beckenbauer Franz (GER) 1.50%
Zidane Zinedine (FRA) 1.34%
Rivaldo (BRA) 1.19%
Zico (BRA) 1.15%
Garrincha (BRA) 1.08%
Cruyff Johan (NED) 0.87%
Di Stefano Alfredo (ARG/ESP) 0.68%
Platini Michel (FRA) 0.58%
Charlton Bobby, Sir (ENG) 0.39%
Puskas Ferenc (HUN) 0.37%
Matthäus Lothar (GER) 0.37%
Yashin Lev (RUS) 0.36%
Best George (NIR) 0.32%
Zoff Dino (ITA) 0.24%
Didi (BRA) 0.22%
Matthews Stanley, Sir (ENG) 0.18%
Weah George (LBR) 0.18%
Moore Bobby (ENG) 0.17%
Fontaine Just (FRA) 0.13%
Müller Gerd (GER) 0.11%

P.S.: Obviously that's subjective... I respect everyone opionion... but if Baggio was voted forth and Del Piero is not even mentioned ther's must be a reason...

Now you can go on to say that Del Piero is like Pelè and bla bla bla... but please do it in the DP trade.... Denco few weeks ago you said this forum is not to do discussion and I stopped sayng I think DP is ovverrated, ecx... in the DP trade, so please do the same. Rules are the same 4 everybody! :D

denco

Superior Being
Jul 12, 2002
++ [ originally posted by roby ] ++
i dedicate my 100 post 2 all u baggio luvers n all the rest especially denco:D
Thx for the sarcasm:D Do not hate Baggio , as i have said it many times before, but apart from Robybaggio10, the rest of you baggio fans are a bit much if you know what i mean

Just because my avatar is Dp does not mean i think he is the best player in the world, i have said many times before that i think Baggio is a better player than Dp

I have no problems with Baggio, but like i said apart from RobyBaggio10, its the rest of you who just say things which are laughable to say the least

That poll that Mate keeps on bandying about, i just want to ask you this, do you think Eusebio is better than Baggio?

And for the last time mate, i do not diss Baggio, i just disagree with ppl like you and Roby who are completely intolerant of people's views

Anyway i do wish the great man a very successful season and hope for his sake that Brescia stays up and i am not saying that because of you guys , I am saying it because he was one of the reasons i started supporting Juventus and Italy

mate

Aug 28, 2002
Hi Denco... I'm the first one who think that you can't compare players, especially when they are from 2 different epoque... I tell you I am 26 and I am Italian so I prefer Baggio than Eusebio also cause I saw all the magic things Roby did and abuot Eusebio the only thing I know is that he was a really good player... but I'm sure a 60 years old portugese man will tell Eusebio is the best a French will say Platini, a dutch Van Basten and ecx cause they know them better than Baggio. You can't really say who are the "bests ever" a part from Maradona... I posted this pool just because a guy went here to say Baggio is not good and he's worst than Del Piero and bla bla bla... I understood your point of view but you can't say that people like me are just "dreamer"... if so many people voted Baggio as the best of soccer history there must be a reason.... I love Baggio most then everybody else cause I grow up with him and cause he played for my team and from my National team but I don't say he is the best ever and everybody who doesn't think the same is crazy... I just say he is the best Italian and one of the best of the world, I can't say the 3, the 4 the 5, the 6... is impossible, but I think he is there between the bests... you can desagree, of course, but you can't say "dream on" or staff like that cause if so many people say the same (fans and also people in the soccer business) it is like pretending all the world is crazy and blind and just you and few else really know the truth...

Majed

Jul 17, 2002
just a couple of questions to end this ridiculous topic of who's better:
1. How old are you Paulo?
2. How many Baggio games have you seen( from the 80's to 1996)??

PS: PEOPLE, STOP PRETENDING THAT DP FANS HATE BAGGIO!!

nina

Feb 18, 2001
3. he has an older brother who is one of the biggest DP fans, so when he grew up he was under a tremendous DP influence! we can't really blame the poor guy for that now can we? :D

Martin

Dec 31, 2000
++ [ originally posted by nina ] ++
3. he has an older brother who is one of the biggest DP fans, so when he grew up he was under a tremendous DP influence! we can't really blame the poor guy for that now can we? :D
So true... :D

Damn proud of it too :stuckup:;)

mate

Aug 28, 2002
Somebody of you have Tele+ satellite? Tonight on ESPN classic (channel 61) there is a Baggio special.... I'm looking foward to see it!!! Paulo... have a look to it... so maybe next time you will say more apropiate world about him... if you don't have Tele+ you can start downloading this video:

http://www.pro-paul.net/baggio/media/tribute_to_baggio.rm

it's just about Roby's Worl cup goals and few else... but you will start to understand that is not the case to dubitate about Baggio greatness...

mate

Aug 28, 2002
++ [ originally posted by RobyBaggio10 ] ++
Good game Baggio.
2 assists.
and higest rating of the week.

no surprises
All the newspapers gave him 7/7,5... To make scoring Tare and Seric it means his assist were really "chirurgic" :D:D:D...

mate

Aug 28, 2002
++ [ originally posted by RobyBaggio10 ] ++
Is it the ESPN in australia!??
It is an italian channel but if you have Tele+ satellite you can see it everywhere... You can use Tele+ everywhere also in Australia (I use it in England) the problem is that I think you can buy it just in Italy...

Darin

Sep 8, 2002
well denco i jus didnt like it wen paulo said that dp is better than baggio so i wrote my point of view regardin that 2 me all italian players r gr8 i like all of them coz am a very big fan of the azzurri

denco

Superior Being
Jul 12, 2002
Anyway this is a Baggio tribute thread and it will be inappropiate for me to say what i think of that vote but in another thread i will
Now it was asked about Paulo of his age and that what i do not like about Baggio fans, when somebody says they prefer another player, you all get mad and look down on the person and say its because that person is young

Age has nothing to do with what or how much you know about good players and on the other hand how many games of the other greats on that poll have you guys seen?

If you think somebody is too young or ignorant of Baggio , then educate that person, just like i will prove to anybody on here why i think certain players are better than others irrespective of where that player is from

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 6)