Road to WC2006 (6 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mar 6, 2005
++ [ originally posted by Rami ] ++

Hope the best for them. I want to see a Bahraini red devil one day:devil:
Hopefully, you will.. :)
lol that causeway really brought us closer eh?:p....I never could imagine myself rooting for Kuwait or Qatar like I was with BAH:D
Yeah.. :D I'll definitely be rooting for you guys in Germany.. :thumb:

btw, they're building a causway from Bahrain to Qatar.. can't say I'm loving that idea.. :groan: :D

Buy on AliExpress.com

Slagathor

Bedpan racing champion
Jul 25, 2001
++ [ originally posted by Jeeks ] ++
The 32 sides that have qualified for next year’s World Cup Finals are therefore:

Europe: Germany (host nation), England, France, Serbia & Montenegro, Sweden, Italy, Holland, Portugal, Croatia, Poland, Ukraine, Switzerland, Czech Republic, Spain

Africa: Ghana, Angola, Togo, Ivory Coast, Tunisia

Central North America: United States, Mexico, Costa Rica, Trinidad & Tobago

South America: Brazil, Argentina, Paraguay, Ecuador

Asia: Japan, South Korea, Iran, Saudi Arabia

Oceania: Australia
Look at that list, it's absolutely awful. So many bugger countries. When's the next Euros, anyone? :D

Rami

The Linuxologist
Dec 24, 2004
I tried to find Jeeks list of undeserving teams but couldnt, thankfully Erik brought it up.

I am not gonna argue about Saudi Arabia, I have no leverage to do that. Maybe just maybe they prove you wrong. WC 94 anyone?

But the thing is why did S. Korea make it to the list while Iran and Japan didn't. Japans qualifying campaign was no walk in the park and they hardly seemed convincing. While Iran is the same throughout the years a dominant power in Asia but in WC they failed to impress??

As for Africa, I never watched Angola or Togo...And Ivory Coast should'nt be there in the first place, since FIFA screwed Cameroon for some petty reason. Had it been any rich country all hell would break loose!

Maher

Juventuz addict
Dec 16, 2002
I dont think that bahrain will reach a stage so close for qualification , they needed only to draw 0-0 at home , who cant do that?????

mikhail

Jan 24, 2003
++ [ originally posted by Erik ] ++
Holland for the World Cup 2002. They let an inferior Ireland run all over them :fero:
:D
That's what you got for subbing on Hasselbaink and van Hooijdonk on the wings. Ten man Ireland or no, I knew you guys were done for then.

Slagathor

Bedpan racing champion
Jul 25, 2001
++ [ originally posted by mikhail ] ++

:D
That's what you got for subbing on Hasselbaink and van Hooijdonk on the wings. Ten man Ireland or no, I knew you guys were done for then.
Arguably even dumber than subbing Robben for Bosvelt agains the Czechs on Euro2004 :wallbang:

Eire

Mar 1, 2004
anyway i just backed €25 on luca toni to be top scorer at 33/1
italy are 10/1

going to see what price they will offer me for the double toni to be top scorer and italy to win the thing

Snoop

Sabet is a nasty virgin
Oct 2, 2001
++ [ originally posted by RochemBeck ] ++

Perhaps because Nawaf is not a glory hunter like the rest of lot and actually prefers his own National Team before another..
damn man how did u guess that?did u think about it alone? :confused:

isn't it the same way for almost everyone in the world?"they support their own team before another"

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
++ [ originally posted by snoop ] ++

damn man how did u guess that?did u think about it alone? :confused:

isn't it the same way for almost everyone in the world?"they support their own team before another"
What is that supposed to mean, snoop?

And no...not every single football fan prefers their own national team. This is why countries such as England and Italy have more supposed "supporters" than actual citiziens..

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004

And no...not every single football fan prefers their own national team. This is why countries such as England and Italy have more supposed "supporters" than actual citiziens..
I support Italy as well but not above my national team, is that considered glory hunting as well?

Snoop

Sabet is a nasty virgin
Oct 2, 2001

I don't think I said "every single fan"..

and yes I know Azzurri had fans like me all over the world and so are Brazil and Germany and others great nations.but that doesn't mean we don't support our nations too,or we support them more than our nations.. we support these great teams,because of our nations are not there at tournaments,so what you mean? we shouldn't not betray our country and not support other teams? :confused:

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
++ [ originally posted by K10 ] ++

Don't see what's wrong with an "and" in the name. Doesn't bother anyone.

But, for example, Trinidad and Tobago.

Two islands so close to each other. One too small to survive on its own so it survives on the bigger island. Same country man, just doesn't make any sense to have two seperate countries.
Yes, but when is it the name of a country and when is it the name of a law firm?

In a world where civil wars are far too common, having a country named by its distinct parts doesn't come off as very unifying.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
That's not exactly what I said...read my post again. Many fans in this world could not care less about their own national team and just follow the Azzurris of this world instead...you are free to support whoever you wish but at least you should support your own country along with another nation if you choose. But supporting another country over your own just boggles my mind...makes absolutely no sense to me. Now if you're nation is not involved in the tournament that's another story..

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
That's not exactly what I said...read my post again. Many fans in this world could not care less about their own national team and just follow the Azzurris of this world instead...you are free to support whoever you wish but at least you should support your own country along with another nation if you choose. But supporting another country over your own just boggles my mind...makes absolutely no sense to me. Now if you're nation is not involved in the tournament that's another story..
Have you ever been to a USA-Mexico match on U.S. soil? ;)

Granted, not everyone there is a U.S. citizen, but a number are, well...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 6)