Road to WC2006 (9 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
I know where is Nawaf coming from, had this been happening to my country I would have felt the same. Him and I know where our chances stand to qualify to the tournament. Luckily, I get over it so early as we never made it past the first qualification stage, but had we reached this far adn messed it up it will be tough. It is like reaching the final and losing, because it can't get any better for us.

Buy on AliExpress.com
OP
Chxta

Chxta

Onye kwe, Chi ya ekwe
Nov 1, 2004
  • Thread Starter #1,362
    ++ [ originally posted by Nawaf ] ++
    Open Letter to Bahraini NT

Shame on you.

Shame on you for leading us on to this.

Shame on you for such a pathetic display.

Shame on you for disrespecting yourselves.

Shame on you for disrespecting your country.

Shame on you for disrespecting your people.

Shame on you for disrespecting the Arab World.

Shame on you for always fucking things up at the last moment.

No.. That can't be right..

Shame on us for being there for you.

Shame on us for being there through thick and thin.

Shame on us for being there in every match.

Shame on us for cheering you on after each successive disappointment.

Yes. Shame on us.

After that performance, it is clear that you do not deserve us.

We pack the stadium at every game, and leave, hopeful that the next match will be a win.

When will that be?

I admit, my heart bleeds red and white.. but I wonder if it will all be the same again..

-----------------------

I would like to, on behalf of Bahrain, thank all the Arab countries for their support (a lot of you guys showed up at the pitch), and apologize that it didn't turn out better..
    -----------------------

Oh, and, yes I think that the referee is a punk bitch, and he could die in a plane crash back to his home country for all I care.. But he did not give T&T the win.. WE gave T&T the win..
    I feel for you. Welcome to the club though. We could all sit and eat popcorn during the WC...

JCK

Biased
    JCK
    May 11, 2004
    The 32 sides that have qualified for next year’s World Cup Finals are therefore:

Europe: Germany (host nation), England, France, Serbia & Montenegro, Sweden, Italy, Holland, Portugal, Croatia, Poland, Ukraine, Switzerland, Czech Republic, Spain

Africa: Ghana, Angola, Togo, Ivory Coast, Tunisia

Central North America: United States, Mexico, Costa Rica, Trinidad & Tobago

South America: Brazil, Argentina, Paraguay, Ecuador

Asia: Japan, South Korea, Iran, Saudi Arabia

Oceania: Australia

Mar 6, 2005
    ++ [ originally posted by Jeeks ] ++
    I know where is Nawaf coming from, had this been happening to my country I would have felt the same. Him and I know where our chances stand to qualify to the tournament. Luckily, I get over it so early as we never made it past the first qualification stage, but had we reached this far adn messed it up it will be tough. It is like reaching the final and losing, because it can't get any better for us.
    You couldn't be more right.. :down:

++ [ originally posted by Chxta ] ++

I feel for you. Welcome to the club though. We could all sit and eat popcorn during the WC...
    Yeah... Though I don't like popcorn all that much.. ;)

OP
    Chxta

Chxta

Onye kwe, Chi ya ekwe
    Nov 1, 2004
  • Thread Starter #1,366
    The 32 sides that have qualified for next year’s World Cup Finals are therefore:

Europe: Germany (host nation), England, France, Serbia & Montenegro, Sweden, Italy, Holland, Portugal, Croatia, Poland, Ukraine, Switzerland, Czech Republic, Spain

I want to assume that the countries that are emboldened in your list are first timers... so I've corrected the list for you...

JCK

Biased
    JCK
    May 11, 2004
    ++ [ originally posted by Chxta ] ++

I want to assume that the countries that are emboldened in your list are first timers... so I've corrected the list for you...
    No, the countries I bolded are not first timer, they are countries that don't deserve to be there. Replace these with European countries and you'll get a more quality football competition.

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
    ++ [ originally posted by Rami ] ++

I think pooling Saudi Arabia with TT is a bit unfair, after all we dominated Asia along with Japan for the past 20 years on both national and club level. True last WC was a catasrophe, but we had successes in past campaigns. I hope this time we will prove our worth, and TBH I believe it is looking good.
    Perhaps I was a bit harsh but I only mentioned Saudi Arabia because of WC2002. Quality teams were left out while they were there getting slaughtered 8-0 by Germany. If they have improved then that's good and I wish them all the best in WC2006, I just used them to make my point.

Rami

The Linuxologist
    Dec 24, 2004
    ++ [ originally posted by K10 ] ++

I have numerous friends who have way more skill than any of the players on the TnT squad. The only thing is they smoke, drink and party too much.

Trinidad just made it to the world cup so we can find another reason to party. Hell, the government declared tomorrow a holiday.
    Hell even ur president showed up in a semi-casual attire in bahrain international stadium :D

Rami

The Linuxologist
    Dec 24, 2004
    ++ [ originally posted by swag ] ++
    Speaking of pure, congrats to T&T and all, but I'll say it now as I said before the last Summer Olympics:

any country with an "and" in its name is questionably less a country and more a place with an identity crisis that can't make up its mind.

Trinidad & Tobago
    Antigua & Barbuda
    Bosnia & Herzegovina (sorry, Z)
    St. Kitts & Nevis
    St. Vincent & the Grenadines
    Sao Tome & Principe

This is one sure-fire way to have your country's delegates confused with Motown bands of the 60s. ;)
    Serbia and Montenegro

Mar 6, 2005
    ++ [ originally posted by Erik ] ++
    Seeing your nation fail to qualify for a World Cup because they self destructed is a sentiment still very fresh in my brain - I feel for you Nawaf :frown:
    Really? How so?

..and don't worry about it.. I don't care much about it anymore..

(at least until the next time they play.. which will hopefully be a long time from now)

Rami

The Linuxologist
    Dec 24, 2004

1: I was born in this country, raised in this country, and even though I may not act like it, I am 100% Bahraini.. Who else would you want me to root for? Saudi Arabia? :D
    Not much of an upgrade:D
    2: Because I've seen its potential, and I know that they can go somewhere..
    They sure did!! I just feel that they lack experience. They choke at the last moment. We all remember what happened in the Asia cup, I just don't understand how they managed to loose the semi-final. The problem is that this is by far the best generation Bahrain ever had, it would be really sad to seem them not take advantage of it and win something.

Mar 6, 2005
    ++ [ originally posted by Rami ] ++

Not much of an upgrade:D
    :LOL: .. at least you made it through, though..

They sure did!! I just feel that they lack experience. They choke at the last moment. We all remember what happened in the Asia cup, I just don't understand how they managed to loose the semi-final. The problem is that this is by far the best generation Bahrain ever had, it would be really sad to seem them not take advantage of it and win something.
    Oh, this IS the best generation yet.. and I've seen the youth teams (u-21 and whatnot), and I have to say, it's looking good so far.. So, hopefully the next generation will redeem the last one's disappointments..

What I'm thinking now is, poor Ali Hassan.. He's about the only player (Goalie, btw) that deserves merit for every match so far..

Rami

The Linuxologist
    Dec 24, 2004
    ++ [ originally posted by Stuart ] ++

Perhaps I was a bit harsh but I only mentioned Saudi Arabia because of WC2002. Quality teams were left out while they were there getting slaughtered 8-0 by Germany. If they have improved then that's good and I wish them all the best in WC2006, I just used them to make my point.
    Ya I understand, those bastards brought upon us shame that could never be forgotten :fero:

But it was always like that, we had Cameroon in 1994, they were thrashed by Russia 6-0. And Salenko (SP?) got joint best striker with Stoichkov that year. But is it appropriate that we consider Cameroon an undeserving team to be in the WC? I don't think so.

After 2002 I was so frustrated that I stopped watching them for three years. I stopped watching the leauge, anything Saudi was a no no for me. The emphasis shifted to Europe, when it was 50-50 before WC2002. It became 100-0 for a while, and now its 90-10 and I dont wanna change anything about it.

Rami

The Linuxologist
    Dec 24, 2004

:LOL: .. at least you made it through, though..

Oh, this IS the best generation yet.. and I've seen the youth teams (u-21 and whatnot), and I have to say, it's looking good so far.. So, hopefully the next generation will redeem the last one's disappointments..

What I'm thinking now is, poor Ali Hassan.. He's about the only player (Goalie, btw) that deserves merit for every match so far..
    Hope the best for them. I want to see a Bahraini red devil one day:devil:

lol that causeway really brought us closer eh?:p....I never could imagine myself rooting for Kuwait or Qatar like I was with BAH:D

Jun-hide

Dec 16, 2002

Europe: Germany (host nation), England, France, Serbia & Montenegro , Sweden, Italy, Holland, Portugal, Croatia, Poland, Ukraine, Switzerland , Czech Republic, Spain

How about all these teams from Europe failing to beat those from inferior continent? Beside, Italia and Spain hardly have best records against African countries.
    I also heard both Sweden and Serbia struggled against Korea, albeit they had to travel across Eurasia continent.
    The matter of fact is European doesnt have a monopoly on the sports anymore. I will be very suprised if countries like Ivory Coast, Ghana, and co. don't make upsets.
    Beside Brazil, who are exactly dominant anyway?
    England? Give me break.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 9)