Rio 2016 Olympics (4 Viewers)

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
Damn Great Britain is cleaning up.

London 2012 doing some work.
It is pretty impressive.

But the USA's track record on Olympic medals is simply insane. They've won the medal count every Olympics since Atlanta. I mean, of course they are a big country, but they don't even have half the population of China or India.

Buy on AliExpress.com

king Ale

Oct 28, 2004
People LOVE sports in the US, one achievable path for success is sports in this country. Athletes are respected and loved in a way I have never seen with people of any other country. In Iran, if you are from a poor family and if you care to be someone in your life, the only option you have is studying because education is free and highly educated people are esteemed and respected more than anybody else. No kid aspires to be an athlete really because the future is very uncertain and athletes generally have low social status. This is exactly the opposite in the US. As for China and India, China is doing pretty well I think, but India is baffling. I have a lot of Indian friends, they don't even watch sports, let alone play them :p Among people of all nationalities that I have come to know, Indians strike me as the laziest :D

lgorTudor

Jan 15, 2015
College football stadiums are bigger than Camp Nou that tells you everything about sports in the US. However I find athletic scholarships questionable to say the least

campionesidd

Mar 16, 2013
People LOVE sports in the US, one achievable path for success is sports in this country. Athletes are respected and loved in a way I have never seen with people of any other country. In Iran, if you are from a poor family and if you care to be someone in your life, the only option you have is studying because education is free and highly educated people are esteemed and respected more than anybody else. No kid aspires to be an athlete really because the future is very uncertain and athletes generally have low social status. This is exactly the opposite in the US. As for China and India, China is doing pretty well I think, but India is baffling. I have a lot of Indian friends, they don't even watch sports, let alone play them :p Among people of all nationalities that I have come to know, Indians strike me as the laziest :D
It is true. Very few people care about sports in India (except cricket, and that isn't even an Olympic sport). The lack of fitness among the general population is alarming.
The few athletes who win medals at the Olympics win despite the sports infrastructure in the country, not because of it.

Maddy

Oracle of Copenhagen
Jul 10, 2009
It is pretty impressive.

But the USA's track record on Olympic medals is simply insane. They've won the medal count every Olympics since Atlanta. I mean, of course they are a big country, but they don't even have half the population of China or India.
They've got the best doping and athlete programmes in the World.

OP
Völler

Völler

Always spot on
May 6, 2012
  • Thread Starter #180
    Sour? Lol

Sports>>>Academia
    If the American was the one diving this wouldn't have been a discussion. :D

- - - Updated - - -

I'm not saying Miller cheated, I'm saying Felix deserved it.

Wrestling, weightlifiting and taekwondo; we are stronnng :p

And we have a very good volleyball team.
    Impressive. :agree:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 3)