Rio 2016 Olympics (6 Viewers)

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
If he had half a brain, he might have tried to collect on insurance. Or at least explained to his mother why he came home with less cash than expected. But I don't even think he thought that far.
It sounds like he wanted to exaggerate a story to his mom and some friends, to a ridiculous degree, and it just spiralled out of control from there. Probably wasn't counting on his Ma going to the press with the story.

If he was an 18 year old, it would be easier to understand this... still absurd, but young people do stupid shit like that... But he's 32 and a 4x Olympian. He's not just a kid anymore.

Buy on AliExpress.com

king Ale

Oct 28, 2004
:tup:

My uncle was one of the Canadian national team coaches for wrestling. He coached at the '84, '88, and '92 Olympics. Not that we have ever had much of a team.

Iran has always had an amazing wrestling program.
Is your uncle of Iranian descent? :D

We've always had great freestyle wrestlers, I love this sport, but I think constant change of the rules of the game has kind of ruined it. It's often mostly luck and the refs' calls (that sometimes are entirely arbitrary) that determine the winner.

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
Is your uncle of Iranian descent? :D

We've always had great freestyle wrestlers, I love this sport, but I think constant change of the rules of the game has kind of ruined it. It's often mostly luck and the refs' calls (that sometimes are entirely arbitrary) that determine the winner.
:agree:

I really never understood why they went away from the rules of the past. The scoring system is so broken. Wrestling was so much more exciting in the 80s and 90s. Once they added nonsense like the Clinch, and then the winning by rounds thing, and now this overscoring take-downs, weird scoring shot-clock thing, points for push-outs, etc... It's wrecked.

My Grandpa is a New Englander, from Rhode Island. He started the first real wrestling program here on the west coast of Canada back in the 1950s. No Iranian background, sadly. :p

Freestyle is where it's at. Greco is terrible.

king Ale

Oct 28, 2004
:agree:

I really never understood why they went away from the rules of the past. The scoring system is so broken. Wrestling was so much more exciting in the 80s and 90s. Once they added nonsense like the Clinch, and then the winning by rounds thing, and now this overscoring take-downs, weird scoring shot-clock thing, points for push-outs, etc... It's wrecked.

My Grandpa is a New Englander, from Rhode Island. He started the first real wrestling program here on the west coast of Canada back in the 1950s. No Iranian background, sadly. :p

Freestyle is where it's at. Greco is terrible.
Greco is boring as hell. You have to be allowed to use and grab legs :D

So you know and love the best movies and are also a wrestling fan, that's total package in my book :p:touched:

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
It ended up being one. I know it's legal, but it's unfair imo, she wasn't the fastest :stuckup:

- - - Updated - - -

:D

Allyson Felix is my girl crush :sheik:
Felix is a fantastic athlete and really my favorite female athlete in the world tbh.

She deserved to win imo, but I also fail to see any wrongdoing on part of the other athlete. So I'd say it's fair.

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
I got to say btw, during every Olympics I feel this way, nothing is more spectacular than sheer speed.

Verstuurd vanaf mijn A0001 met Tapatalk

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
I a huge fan of the middle categories in weightlifting. Lu Xiaojun from 77kg is amazing. Using the squat jerk instead of split jerk is insane to watch.

Too bad he got beat by a doper after breaking the snatch world record. How Kazakhstan was allowed to participate in weightlifting is beyond me, considering all 5 gold medals they won in 08 and 12 were just stripped upon retesting, and they've had something like 32 positive tests under their current coach.

lgorTudor

Jan 15, 2015
Why? She never failed a drug test herself.
Being a drug recipient is not a requirement for being a part of the methodical doping system. Her press appearances (on RT ofc) made her stance pretty clear. россия dindu nuffin, америка provocation, this that. If you don't fight it you're part of it, basta.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 6)