Rio 2016 Olympics (2 Viewers)

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
Fair. It ain't even an advantage.
True dat. Running is faster than falling.

Our girls just spanked US

I'm not saying Miller cheated, I'm saying Felix deserved it.
You say this like it was a football match. This is track and field, where the results are ruthlessly quantifiable. It either is or it isn't. Your time is either faster or it is not. There is no "deserved".

It is true. Very few people care about sports in India (except cricket, and that isn't even an Olympic sport). The lack of fitness among the general population is alarming.
The few athletes who win medals at the Olympics win despite the sports infrastructure in the country, not because of it.
And yet the country is mad for getting into the Guinness Book of World Records.

Interesting little count here:

Rio table (minus #swimming)
#GBR 20 Gold 16 Silver 13 Bronze
#CHN 18 10 18
#USA 15 24 22
#GER 13 8 10
#RUS 12 12 14
Rio table (minus # swimming and sports that require headgear and any athletes with last names beginning in the letter P)
#CHN 15 Gold 7 Silver 14 Bronze
#RUS 9 8 9
#USA 8 13 16
#GER 6 6 8
#GBR 2 1 3

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
Lochte always struck me as someone with the brain of a squirrel.

What I don't get is the motivation for making that crap up.

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
Lochte always struck me as someone with the brain of a squirrel.

What I don't get is the motivation for making that crap up.
I don't get that bit either. He just trashed his legacy. What the heck is the point in making nonsense like that up? He had to realize it would be investigated, and his lie would be exposed.

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
I don't get that bit either. He just trashed his legacy. What the heck is the point in making nonsense like that up? He had to realize it would be investigated, and his lie would be exposed.
If he had half a brain, he might have tried to collect on insurance. Or at least explained to his mother why he came home with less cash than expected. But I don't even think he thought that far.

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
I'm not saying Miller cheated, I'm saying Felix deserved it.

Wrestling, weightlifiting and taekwondo; we are stronnng :p

And we have a very good volleyball team.
:tup:

My uncle was one of the Canadian national team coaches for wrestling. He coached at the '84, '88, and '92 Olympics. Not that we have ever had much of a team.

Iran has always had an amazing wrestling program.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)