Richmond Boakye (3 Viewers)

Bezzy

The Bookie Queen
Jun 5, 2010
matri is Shit :agree:

conte lost his faith in him already, so it is better to sell him now before we are never going to get rid of him

ZoSo

TSUUUUUUU
Jul 11, 2011
He did have a good game, pretty impressive but I can't see him remaining at our club, its rare for us to give youngsters a chance
We also won 7-1. You don't measure a player's ability on these matches, they are just to get match fitness, train (learn tactics etc), get in form and measure a player's form occasionally.

Fint

Aug 13, 2010
Was talking with some guy I used to work with last night who was asking me about Boakye, said he scored a cracker yesterday. Was shocked that an EPL fan was actually keeping tabs on a Juve pre-season friendly!

ZoSo

TSUUUUUUU
Jul 11, 2011
how old are you 15?

or 14? you can't even have a seriously discussion about stuff or players
all you do is try to be funny or insult people
you are very lucky the mods are easy in summer
True that, but they are finished, mediocre product. Not only will they not provide for us on the pitch, they won't provide on the market either. Playing the youth as a 4\5th striker won't hurt us, in fact either they can develop into great player who become much much better than your average Matri\Quag, or they could simply not live up to expectation. Which is cool, since they'll be what, 20-22 years old, they can be sold for a decent price, much more than Quag and Matri could be sold for (unless it's out in Russia).
I don't think a friendly against Valle d'Aosta is enough to get excited about.
I disagree, those players can always gain plenty of experience under loan or co-ownership where they won't have the weight of expectation of a club like Juventus to weigh them down. It's much better to use the players that are in their prime right now.

He looks a lot better now than in the last pre-season.
Agree loans would be better for them, more game-time etc. However, I don't agree on keeping mediocre players. Quag and Matri COMBINED have score 14 goals, if that doesn't reek mediocrity then I don't know what does. Even Pepe has been more productive (at his respective role) then them!
I would say that is more down the inconsistencies of last season. First off, Quag was just coming off the injury and they both had to adapt to the new formations and didn't really have much consistency in terms of starting games & minutes. I don't think it's a coincidence that any of fowards didn't manage to put up any amazing stats by the end of the season. There was far too much changing around between them to get any kind of consistency down and when there were consistent patches they did manage to do pretty well (mainly Mirko-Matri-Pepe). This season when Conte already knows the players, what system(s) to use and that the players already know the tactics will help them to be a lot more productive. Quagliarella & Matri had less minutes combined last season than just about 8 other players. I think despite being a little too profligate at times, what they did last season was about fair.
I understand all that, but I want better, in fact I demand better. Either ways, if they stay I'll support them the same way I supported them last season, and that's because they'll be wearing the shirt I love. I would still like to see them replaced with better players ASAP, and none of that Pazzini bullshit plz.
We're not Man City and you can't expect us to have like 5 WC players in the foward line. If we managed to get Jovetic only I'd be happy as he would be a great addition. Of course I'd like to see maybe Jojo & RVP but that's extremely unrealistic.
I know were not Man City, but we're not fucking Lazio either! FFS they even have a better striker than us :sergio:
Not really, Klose had more minutes in less games than Matri, Matri probably came off the bench a lot more. But still, Klose would have played as a more traditional poacher/CF.
Sorry what? I can't hear you, all I hear is bullshit.

ZoSo

TSUUUUUUU
Jul 11, 2011
I think we'll only see a big influx of glory hunters if we have a good run in the champions league, then god help us all
Let's just hope the fact that Juve is an Italian club will stop the english speaking media from praising us too much ;)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 3)