Riccardo Saponara - AM C - Empoli (2 Viewers)

Ocelot

Midnight Marauder
Jul 13, 2013
Sources vs Schalke's director is an uneven competition. They said they don't want to drag this anymore, now they'd look like fools if they resumed the talks.

IMO it's pretty silent because we're checking other options right now.
Yeah, as I said I don't believe we'll sign him.

But in reality, we tried for Draxler and didn't reach an agreement.

What we didn't do is try for Reus, then Götze, then Draxler, and now Saponara. Big difference.

kao_ray

Feb 28, 2014
Honestly, I prefer him, because he is a low risk investment and he could actually be a very useful player in the long run.

It will be exciting to splash big money on Gotze, KDB. Isco, Silva and even Draxler, but if they turn out to be a massive flop for us - this could be devastating for years to come.

So, having Saponara as a back up/competition to Pereyra is a wise decision, when we can't have low risk classy investment. We already did a risky business with the signing of Dybala.

Tak!

Jun 23, 2011
This is what kind of "talent" (soon 24 years old) Italy musters these days... so sad considering the days when even not ADP was a starter. Things really have changed.

Bianconero81

Ageing Veteran
Jan 26, 2009
Honestly, I prefer him, because he is a low risk investment and he could actually be a very useful player in the long run.

It will be exciting to splash big money on Gotze, KDB. Isco, Silva and even Draxler, but if they turn out to be a massive flop for us - this could be devastating for years to come.

So, having Saponara as a back up/competition to Pereyra is a wise decision, when we can't have low risk classy investment. We already did a risky business with the signing of Dybala.
This is exactly the kind of risk averse small club mentality that we shouldn't be deploying.

He isn't gonna come cheap either. Empoli rejected a 15+ million bid from Napoli.

20 million on Saponara? No thank you very fucking much.

Ocelot

Midnight Marauder
Jul 13, 2013

Thing is, Saponara is decent, but no clear upgrade over Pereyra in any way.

kao_ray

Feb 28, 2014
This is exactly the kind of risk averse small club mentality that we shouldn't be deploying.

He isn't gonna come cheap either. Empoli rejected a 15+ million bid from Napoli.

20 million on Saponara? No thank you very $#@!ing much.
Have you ever run a multi million business? Do you know what "step by step" means?

Bianconero81

Ageing Veteran
Jan 26, 2009
Have you ever run a multi million business? Do you know what "step by step" means?
I perfectly understand what step by step means. However, Saponara is two steps back. He would have been a decent acquisition during our initial rebuilding 3-4 years ago, but not now. If he was to be our AM signing, it would be so underwhelming.

Xperd

Allegrophobic Infidel
Jun 1, 2012
@mods (@Salvo @JuveJay)

If gotze thread is locked ,this one should be too.

There are ZERO LINKS to him for the moment.The links of the past were there alright but its a signing seen for next summer not this one.

Annoying to read one retarded post after another and people keep bumping it after every meltdown.

zizinho

Apr 14, 2013
yep

Saponara should be discussed next summer, after a glorious year in Empoli in which he will have 15+ goals and 15+ assists

im opening his thread once we get him in a year

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)